‹ Prequel: Absolutely Hate You
Status: Working.

The Simple Love Story

The Dinner

Image

"Okay, Mac. We will." I heard my uncle say over the phone.

We had another hour before we went to meet them and everyone else in the team. I was in my room, I was trying to think. I tried pushing what I wanted away from my head. I wanted what Dianna gave to her son, Bayley Kohner. My mind was hay-wired right now.

"Hey, kiddo. Do you have a dress?" Uncle Sam asked.

"Yes." I said, he brought me out of my thoughts… thankfully.

"Okay. You need to wear it, we're going to a formal dinner." he said. I nodded and went towards my closet. I looked around, I then realized, where was my dress?

"Umm, Uncle Sam." I said.

"What?" He asked yelling.

"I lied, I don't have a dress." I said. He went up to my room and his arms were on his hips… he sighed. He took out his phone and dialed a number.

"Dianna, I lied… she doesn't have a dress." he said, I smiled sheepishly at him, he rolled his eyes and left me.

"Are you sure it's okay?" I asked tugging on my regular shirt and pants.

"Yea. Dianna got you a dress." He said.

"WHAT? You asked her to get me a dress?" I asked, I felt so embarrassed.

"No, she offered." he said.

I sighed, "Why did you have to bring me?" I asked.

"Because, Dianna wanted you to come." He said.

"What?… She did?" I asked… Dianna wanted me to come.

"Yea, she said she would feel lonely as the only girl there." Uncle Sam said.

"Oh." I said… I didn't care, I still felt happy she wanted me there.

"I don't want you to ever go to the boy's locker room's ever again." He said.

"If you let me on the team, you wouldn't have to worry." I said.

"No." He answered.

"Come on, Uncle Sam." I said… I play the nice card by saying Uncle.

"Thank you for respecting me as your elder but still, no." He replied.

"Why not? Is it because of the boys? I can make myself ugly." I said. He laughed a little but then refrained.

"No, not only that Matt." he said.

"Please. You know I really want to be on the team." I begged.

"No. Can you please stop asking? I'm going to crash into another car if we keep talking about this." He said.

I huffed in my seat and sat back.

"Oh, you guys are here!" Dianna greeted up. She pulled me away toward the restrooms. She was holding a big shopping bag.

"Here you go." She said and handed me the bag and pushed me into the big bathroom. I took out a dress.

Image
-the dress.

"Um… Mrs. Kohner?" I asked.

"Yes?" She asked in a sing-song voice.

"I think you got me the wrong dress." I exclaimed.

"Nothing's wrong, I thought it would fit you perfectly." She said. I sighed. "Come on, please please try it on." She begged… she begged me. I sighed and put it on. I think Uncle Sam is going to murder me… or Mrs. Kohner.

I walked out, with my bag of clothes. The dress felt a bit short and all but the most uncomfortable part was my back and my chest.

"Oh my gosh. You look beautiful." She said. I cringed. She frowned.

"It's okay Matty. You look very beautiful, let me just add some make up on you." She said smiling. I looked at her… she was going to put make up… on me. I never wore make up before. I smiled and obliged.

Bayley's POV

"Where's mom? I'm hungry." I exclaimed. The other guys did too. David didn't come because his angle hurt and some others had their own thing going on. So it was, Clark, Dex, Jimmy, Riley, and Chris.

"Oh, here she comes." My dad said as he looked over to my mom. Next to her… was Matt. She looked beautiful. We were all looking but then Coach Patton cleared his throat.

"Dianna, what in the world did you do to my niece." He said a bit shock. My mom smiled at him.

"She looks beautiful, doesn't she?" My mom exclaimed. All the guys nodded, I looked over to see Coach Patton glaring at the guys. My dad laughed.

"Let's each, shall we?" He said.

I looked over at her. She was wearing make-up on, my mom must've done it. She was wearing a short fitting dress which was very cute but didn't suit her at all. She still looked so beautiful was her own radiance. I then realized my mom was looking at me staring at her and I looked away. My mom does not need to know what's on my mind, but I had a strong feeling that she already knew.

After we ordered my father and Coach Patton started discussing the game and our travels.

The guys were still peeking glances at Matt. I was trying to refrain from it as much as possible. I seriously did not want to be kicked out of the team.

Hockey is my everything. Any one who has ever known me knows this.. especially my uncle Kain… he was the one who introduced it to me.

I remember being 7 years old when he came from Canada, he brought his daughter, my friend, Danielle along and his now wife Mercedes.

I remember him telling me everything and I would just take it in.

We watched the NHL and then one day, he rented us sticks and a puck. We played at the skating rink in Dennis, a city.

It was against me and Uncle Kain against my dad and Danielle; who was a very good hockey player.

I will never forget that match, I remember feeling so much thrill and passion for it. When that puck went into the net, I can never forget my happiness.

That was the day that mom signed me up for a team. That next week dad brought home my own hockey stick and puck.

The next year Uncle Kain came back from Canada and brought me to an actual game. I love hockey… and I'm not letting a girl get in the way.

I glanced over to Matt who sat there, eyes on me. My chest restrained and my breathing stopped. Just her looking at me gave the same high.