‹ Prequel: Absolutely Hate You
Status: Working.

The Simple Love Story

Punishment or… not.

Image

"I heard she's a lesbo." I heard a girl say behind me.

"No, her mom left her." I heard another girl say.

"She's so quiet." One said.

"One time she drooled." The same one said.
I stood up and turned around, I then placed my hands at their desk.

"If you want to talk about someone behind their back… talk a bit quieter." I said.

"What if we don't want to." The girl said looking at me with a smirk.

"I'll beat the shit out of you." I said. I knew this was really bad for me saying this but I am pissed.

They are harassing and bullying me, I can pull the cry scene with the judge for their harassment but for now, I want these girls to shut the fuck up.

They were all quiet. I then turned at sat back at my seat, in front of my desk was my teacher.

"Outside, now." he said. I sighed and walked out the classroom with him, I heard those girls laugh.

"Matt, do I have to call your uncle again?" He asks.

"Yes." I said.

"Please, it's hard enough you're my best friend's niece but I can't always play the nice card. You just
threatened those girls." Mr. Young said.

"They were talking bad things about me behind my back, literally." I said. Mr. Young sighed.

"I'll just call your uncle." He said and took out his cellphone. I looked at him thankfully.

You might be wondering, Mr. Young my Physics teacher is my uncle's best friend? Well, yes. They were in hockey teams together when they were in high school and stayed friends even though Sam went pro and Mr. Young, or Arthur got married and started a life. Sam always brought Arthur and his wife to Sam's profession NHL games.

They were best friends to the core, something I'll never have.

"Matt, you can't keep doing that." Sam said driving me home. Thank god, that was my last period of the day.

"It's not my fault." I said.

I then thought about it, "Okay. Maybe it was… but they were saying really stupid and annoying things about me and I can't just do nothing. I refuse to." I said.

"Well, I'm sorry kiddo but that's life. You can't just always do that. You have to grow up." He said.

"I did, I dealt with it. Any adult should be doing that, deal with their problems." I said.

He made a grunting noise, I knew that noise since the age of 4… I won.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"We're going to hockey practice." He said.

"Seriously?" I asked happily.

"Yes. Your punishment is going to be there." he said. Sure, it was a punishment but I couldn't help but smile.

"Hello boys." He greeted them as he went out to ice on skates.

"Hey coach." They greeted harmoniously. He smiled. They then all looked at me when I entered in skates behind him then next to him.

"Boys, you remember my niece Matt. Well, lucky for you boys today because she's being punished." He said. I looked at Sam with a glare, he had a smirk on his face.

"Today, she will wash all our equipment and your uniforms when we finish practice. I will be treating you boys to some pizza." He said, I super glared at him now. He put on a full on smile now. The guys all cheered.

"Now let's start practice." He said and skated out.

Bayley's POV

"Are you sure you're not going to come?" Dex asked me. I smiled and shook my head. Coach Patton brought the other guys to the Pizza Parlor first but Dex and I still stayed back to practice a bit more.

I want us to win our game against the Eagles.

"Okay, see you there." He said and skated off. I stayed back and did some moves.

"You're still here?" I heard someone yell. I turned around to see Matt carrying the guy's shirts.

"Yea." I said taking off my helmet. I skated towards her, she was off the rink so I had to skate near her.

She sighed, "Great, now I have to wait for you to finish so I can wash your shirt… and your hockey stick." She said. I smiled, she looked a little bit frustrated.

"It's okay, you don't have to do my shirt. My mom always washes it." I told her, I felt a bit embarrassed… my mom doesn't wash all my clothes but she likes washing my hockey shirt with this one laundry detergent. She keeps saying that it will give me luck for my game.

"What? Dianna is going to clean it?" She asks me I nodded, I now felt seriously stupid, "No, I'll wash it. Dianna shouldn't be going through so much trouble." She said and then placed the shirts on the bench.

"I'll just wait for you to finish." She said. I looked at her.

"You were really good last time." I said to her. She looked at me confused.

"On the rink… you know? On Sunday." I explained. Her mouth was shaped as an 'O' and she nodded.

"Yea… I should be on your team now huh?" she joked while smiling at me. Her smile was so bright.

I laughed, "That's up to your uncle… And he's pretty strict about you not coming on the team." I said to her, she frowned.

"But hey, do you want to play me? One on one?" I challenged. She had a smile on her face. She placed on one of the guy's shirts and put on skates. She then grabbed a hockey stick and a helmet.

"You're so on." She said smiling.

"You really don't have to do this." She said to me. I smiled.

"Hey, you won." I said… yea she won the game. But it was 5-4, 5 being her and 4 being me.

"Yea…. I did, didn't I?" She said smiling and she put the clothes into the washing machine.

"You were very good." I said to her. I shouldn't be liking her, so maybe being friends with her wouldn't hurt at all.

"Yea… that's what I have for having Sam as my uncle." She said to me. She was done and leaned on the machine.

"How long have you been playing hockey?" She asks me. I smiled.

"Well, since 7 years old." I said.

"Wow, impressive. You're captain right?" She asked.

"Yep. But I play mostly goalie." I told her. She smiled.

"You're very good at goalie… I saw the game last time and you saved the last shot." She said to me
and crossed her arms. She looked very sweet and sophisticated right now.

"Yea, lucky move." I told her.

"You're such a modest person." She said and pushed my arm. I laughed lightly.

"Aren't you going to go to the pizza place now?" She asks me and looked at the clock on the wall.

I shrugged.

"It would be rude to leave you alone here… you never know where weirdos lurk." I told her, she smiled.

"Thanks… My uncle is such a buzz kill. I mean seriously washing all you guy's stuff. Did I mention you all have strong B.O?" She joked. I smiled and shrugged.

"We're guys the last time I checked." I said to her, she looked at me weirdly but then smiled that smile again.

"What did you do to get punished?" I asked her. The smiled faded from her face.

"I kind of threatened some girls." She said looking down at the ground.

"Oh, why?" I asked, was I getting too pushy?

"Because… they were talking shit about me behind my back.. literally.. I mean seriously I'm not even friends with them." She said, there was some anger and regret in her eyes. She was hurt but her face expression showed that she wanted to kill.

"Maybe they just talked about you because they were jealous." I told her.

"Of what? They have friends and a life out of school… they have mothers and everything." She said to me, her voice was strong. "I don't have much." She said lowering it down.

"I'm alone." She confessed.

"You have your uncle and your father." I comforted. "And you even have my mom on your board." I said trying to get her to smile again. She gave a small smile.

She then cleared her throat and ran her fingers through her hair.

"I don't know." She said shaking her head.

"You're beautiful." I said… Oh crap.

"What?" She questioned me confused.

"They're jealous of you because you're beautiful." I explained. A smile crept her face but then her hair fell down her face.

"Thanks." She said. I smiled.

What's going on with me…?