‹ Prequel: Absolutely Hate You
Status: Working.

The Simple Love Story

Some Things

Image

Matt's POV

"Okay. Just go sit next to Matilda." Mr. Young said. I raised my head to see a girl walking to me, she took the seat next to me and then turned to me.

"Hi!" She said giddily.

"Hi." I said trying not to sound mean.

"I'm Blaire." She said kindly. I looked at her, is she crazy? She looks like the girls behind me but yet… she SEEMS so nice.

"Hi… I'm Mat." I said.

"I thought your name was Matilda." She said then looked confused.

"Matt is short for Matilda. I like Matt more." I said.

"Oh." She said her lips shaped in and O form and nodded her head. She started grabbing things out and organized it on the table. She had to primp the papers and set the pens to be parallel to each other. I then really looked at the girl. She had blonde hair to the middle of her back.

She had a tall-tip nose. Her eyes were very big and green, and she had bright pink lipgloss on. She looks like a freakin' barbie…

"Hey… my name is Gail." I looked to see stupid was in front of Blaire, stupid as in the girl who sat behind me 3 days ago and trashed talked me.

"Oh, hi." I looked at Blaire, she totally changed her body language. She leaned and the desk and didn't sit straight in her seat, she actually loosened up.

"Hey, do you want to eat lunch with us?" Gail asked her. Her face brightened but then she looked at me.

"Um, not today. I made plans with Matt already." Blaire dismissed.

"Oh, okay then tomorrow, okay? I loveeee your shirt by the way." Gail gushed, Blaire looked at Gail and fluttered her eyelashes.

"Thanks." Blaire said and gave Gail a flirty smile. Is it just me noticing these things?

"Hey, wait up." I heard behind me. It's probably not towards me.

"Matt!" I turned to see Blaire strutting down the hallway to me. She was wearing nude stilettos with a short gray skirt and pink tank top. She seriously looks like that one girl from Mean Girls.

"Hey! What happened at lunch yesterday? I thought we were going to meet up and eat lunch together." She said.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I was at the benches near the track." I said.

"Oh, you eat there alone?" She asked concerned.

"Yea…. the lunch area doesn't really like me as much." I said shrugging. I then grasped my bag.

"I'm sorry. Hey, I'll eat with you today okay? Remember to come get me." She said smiling. Okay… she's pretty nice.

"Sure." I said and walked away. She's pretty and nice… why the fuck is she talking to me out of everyone else in this damn school.

"Hey!" She said to me at my locker.

"Hey, ready for lunch?" I asked her.

"Yep." She said and followed to the benches where I saw.

"So, how's your day?" She asked. I shrugged.

"Boring. You?" I replied.

"Um, well I met a lot of people. And guys kept talking to me." She said.

"Isn't that a good thing?" I asked.

"Um… well it would be if I was interested." She said shrugging. She grabbed out her sandwich.

"What does that mean?" I asked.

"I play for the other side." She said looking at me and smiled.

"… I don't understand." I said truthfully.

"I like girls. I'm a lesbian." She said and smiled more.

"Oh, that's cool." I said. That's cool? What am I thinking.

"You don't mind it?" She asked. I shook my head.

"No. Not really." I said.

"Really?" She asked happily.

"Yea. Don't worry about it." I reassured her.

"I was hoping I picked the right person to be friends with." She said happily.

"You picked me?" I asked.

"Yea… I have a good sense with people. 3 years of training." She said and smiled triumphantly. I
laughed.

"So, do you like anybody yet?" I asked her. She smiled mischievously.

"Well, you know Gail right?" She asked. I smug.

"Yea." I said and took a bite of my sandwich.

"Well, I think she is really nice and pretty." Blaire said to me.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yea, I ate lunch with her yesterday when you ditched me." She said.

"Oh, that's nice of her… but honestly… she's a bitch." I said straight out.

"I know… I saw her snide at a girl in front of us in line… like the girl was basically in front of us. She
walked off and cried." Blaire said. "But… I like a girl with a little sass." She shrugged.

"Okay… have it your way." I said.

"Hey… why are you so alone at this school?" She asked me.

"Because… I just don't like the people here." I said.

"And…?" She asked on.

"And… people here think I'm a lesbian. I'm not… just because I play hockey doesn't mean I'm a lesbian." I said.

"You play hockey?" She asked excitedly.

"Yea. I do. What about it?" I asked curiously.

"Well, I love hockey. My mom was in the Holly Harps." She said. My heart stopped and my eyes went
wide…

"Your mom was in the FREAKIN HOLLY HARPS!?!??!" I asked loudly. She smiled and nodded with a smirk.

"Do you know how many women championships they have won in national hockey league?" I was gasping for air from excitement. "Wait… are you Cindy Hudson's daughter?" I asked. She nodded… I was so happy and everything until I realized something. "Blaire…" I said slowly.

"Yea?" She asked.

"Cindy Hudson died in an accident… 6 months ago." I said. She smiled slightly.

"Yea… my mom died." She said. "And my dad." She said. I frowned. I felt so bad right now. What the fuck is wrong with me?

"I'm sorry." I said.

"It's okay. God, must've had a plan." She said and smiled happily. I really liked Blaire as a friend…

No wonder she is now my best friend.

Bayley's POV

I couldn't get her out of my head. That laundry day after practice… spending my whole time with Matt and just looking at her.

My heart beats fast and my breathing gets short. Whenever I'm around her I have a pulse to grab her to me and hug her. The way she looked, the way she smelled. I jumped up off my bed and sat at the edge.

What the fuck is wrong with me? I freakin smelled her?

Am I a stupid vampire or something? Wait, maybe she likes that stuff.

I groaned and fell onto the bed. What am I thinking? Making myself look like a nonfiction character?

Oh, mom… you have to stop bringing me to see those movies with you… seriously. Family night is not to go see romantic chick flick night.

"Bayley. Can you come down here and help me?" My mom said loudly. I jumped off the bed and rushed down.

"Can you set the tables?" She asked me while cooking food. I nodded and went to get the plates.

"So, how was school?" She asked.

"Okay…" I said, I should add more so she wouldn't lecture me again. "I did my Physic's test." I said.

"Oh, how did you do?" She asked me.

"I bombed it." I exclaimed.

"What? Come on. Give yourself more credit for that." She said… oh mom, you have too much dead hope for me.

"I don't know." I said and shrugged. I went to grab the forks too.

"Oh! I forgot, can you take two more plates out? I invited Coach Patton and Matt to come over to eat
dinner with us." She said. I looked up at her, my eyes wide. She saw my look and smirked.

"Mom! How can you do this?" I asked her.

"What? It's just company… and it's your coach and his…. niece. You're cool with her right?" My mom asked slyly.

I looked at her like I was going to die. I can't stop thinking about her, and just thinking about her gives my goosebumps and yearnings… how can I manage with her here?

"Hey honey. Are they here yet?" My dad came in through the front door to greet my mom.

"No… not yet." She said and kissed him back, on the lips.

"Mom, dad please… PDA in the bedroom." I said. My dad smiled and pulled away from my mom who was reluctant.

"Mac. How was your day?" he asked me happily. I smiled.

"It was okay." I replied. He smiled.

"It should be a great day." He said and went upstairs to change out of his suit.

"Oh, it must be them." My mom said when the doorbell rang.

"Coming!" She said and rushed to the door. When she opened the door, my heart fastened and my breathing was rugged… but then I looked at Coach Patton's face… I remember why she was untouchable…
♠ ♠ ♠
I introduce to you… new characters!