‹ Prequel: Absolutely Hate You
Status: Working.

The Simple Love Story

The Trophies

Image

Matt's POV

I was wearing the dress that Dianna bought for me when we went shopping together last week. I loved it…. I loved it for actual reasons.

When I went shopping with her, that was the first time I ever went shopping with a girl. The second is that she gave me tips on what to buy, because honestly… I only have jeans and converse shoes with slanky t-shirts in my closet. Those are the outcomes when I go shopping with Sam.

Another loving thing that I loved when I went shopping with Dianna was that she paid for the stuff, I felt really guilty but at the same time a bit happy and satisfied. She bought clothes for me, something a mother would do.

Thinking about it, some girls take that for granted too much. I loved going shopping with Dianna because we talked about those girl things that you're supposed to talk with your moms about. She took care of me, a way a mother should by being sure I wasn't hungry.

I knew I was getting too caught up with the fact that I finally have a female figure… but at the same time, I felt that she is going to leave me… exactly how my own mother did.

Image
-The dress Matt's wearing.

"Matty, would you like some mash potatoes?" Dianna asked me, she pulled me out of my thoughts with her warm smile.

I nodded and thanked her.

She then looked at Bayley and placed some on his plate too.

She smiled at him so tender and much with love.

Looking at Bayley right now reminds me of the conversation Dianna talked to me about at the mall.

~Mall~

"So, you know Bayley right?" She asks me. I nodded.

"Yes." I said.

"What do you think of him?" She asks.

"What do you mean?" I asked her back, I was a bit confused.

"Well, do you think he's nice?" She asks.

"Yea, on Monday, he helped with the boy's uniforms." I said.

"Isn't he so sweet?" She gushed, I smiled… it's so motherly of her to gush about her son.

"Yea, I guess." I agreed with her, I felt a pang of jealousy towards Bayley.

"Do you like him?" She asked.

"Sure." I said, Bayley wasn't a bad guy. We're kind of friends, I don't know exactly but we're there.

"Really?!" She asked surprised and happy at the same time. What's going on? I said I liked Bayley. What's wrong with liking him?

"Yea…" I said dragging it out, I'm beyond confusion.

"Well, then why don't on Wednesday night you and Sam come over for dinner?" She asks happily.

I agreed and smiled.

~End~

I didn't realize I was staring at Bayley until his eyes met mine. I looked away and started eating. I then looked up to see both Dianna and Sam staring at Bayley and I.

What the hell is going on?

"Why don't you show Matty your trophies?" Dianna asked of Bayley, she smiled sweetly, but this smile had something behind it in my opinion.

"No, mom… please don't." He said sighing.

I furrowed my eyes, okay…

"Bayley, come on. Treat your guest with respect and graciousness." She said and pushed him then pushed me.

I looked at her weirdly for a moment but then followed Bayley up the stairs.

"Sorry about my mom, she can be a bit…." He dragged, I don't think he knows the specific word.

"It's okay, your mom's awesome." I stated. we continued walking down the hall of the big house. As we walked I stared at some pictures hanging on the wall. I smiled at the one with Bayley standing there in his diapers while his father chased him. It was adorable.

I looked over to Bayley to see his hands in his pockets and his face blushing red.

"You looked so cute." I said to him.

"Oh, does that mean I'm not cute now?" He flirted. I smiled, my chest feels tightened. I couldn't breathe somehow. I bit my lip.

"So, where are those trophies?" I asked smiling. We walked into a room, it was a trophy room but it had a big brown wooden desk with everything that an office needs.

"This is basically the trophy/office room. Mom needed an office and dad wanted it too, so this is their office and my trophy room." He said. I looked around, pictures of hockey playing were everywhere. I then looked at a napkin.

"Are you kidding me right now?" I asked and looked starstruck at the napkin. It was the signature of David Levensky one of the great players in hockey until he passed away.

"Yep, the one and only." He said, I smiled…. I smiled a bit too wide.

"HOW?" I demanded he gave a light laugh.

"Well, my parents and I went out to eat this fancy restaurant and I saw him. He was pretty old, it was about 2 years before he died. So I took the chance and asked for his autograph on the napkin. My uncle Kain gave me five bucks for getting it." He said.

I smiled. I really can't believe it, not only do I think that the young David Levensky was so handsome when he was younger but also he's very good at hockey and held the winning title.

I glazed my fingers across the frame but then Bayley's hand took mine and pulled it away. It felt awkward because, not a lot of people really ever touched me.

"No touching." He said with a smiled, I let out a small laugh.

"Sorry, caught up in the moment." I said, I then looked at my hand. He was still holding onto it, it felt warm.

"Sorry." He said and pulled away his hand. A rush of coolness placed its temperature upon my hand. I smiled.

"It's all good." I said.

Bayley's POV

"Do you have trophies?" I asked her. My eyes traced her all around the room as she gracefully walks around staring at my trophies. I wanted to be more in control but right now, I am so uncontrolled.

"Um, well some but they were really stupid ones. Your's are more legit." She said peering at the high one.

"Do you need help shortie?" I joked. Really? Shortie? Am I this stupid when I'm nervous?

"Very funny. But hey, this shortie beat you in hockey so… suck that." She said giving me a smile. She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and then looked up at me.

"And yea. I totally need help looking at the trophy." She said sarcastically, but I didn't know she was being sarcastic. I went over and placed my hands on her hips to lift her up but when my hands laid on her hips, she jerked away backing into the cabinet, in the process she bumped her head. She gasped in pain. I backed away.

"Oh my gosh, are you okay. I'm so sorry." I apologized. I'm such a dumbass.

"No, it's fine. I guess it was rude to be sarcastic. Karma's a bitch." She said with a smile. I smiled back. I helped her up and she stumbled a bit, I was glad she was stumbling a bit. She fell into my arms. I held her close for the first time, her head was to my chest and her hands grabbed onto my arms. She looked up with those clear ocean colored eyes. I couldn't help but stare at them.

"Sorry." She apologized and pulled from me. I was so gazed for a while but I forced myself to snap out of it.

I gave a laugh but it came out a bit nervous.

"No, it was me. Nevermind… do you want to go back downstairs?" I asked.

"Yea. I'm getting pretty tired." She said. I smiled and followed her down the stairs and to where the grown ups were.