‹ Prequel: Absolutely Hate You
Status: Working.

The Simple Love Story

The Inevitable Wantings

Image

Matt's POV

I wish I knew my mother sometimes… I want to know her so I can ask her.

Why did you leave without anything?

Why was it so easy for you to leave me, your only daughter?… Or maybe one of your daughters.

Why did you not love me enough to stay?

Why couldn't you have come back and visited?

Maybe if you did come back… I wouldn't want another mother… I wouldn't want someone else's mother to be my own.

Blaire gave me a drive to school in the morning. She told me about her weekend hanging out with Gail. I was happy that she had an interest in Gail but I knew that one wrong move… Blaire's world would crumble in the hands of a bitch like Gail.

"Be careful okay, you know what a bitch Gail can be." I said to her.

She smiled, "Don't worry about me. Anyways, how was that dinner thing with the Kohner's?" She changed the subject.

"Weird. I wore the dress that Dianna bought me though. Hey… um.. well when I went shopping with her last week, she asked me if I liked Bayley." I said.

"What did you say?" Blaire asked me eagerly.

"I said, yea. I do… I mean he's not a bad guy or anything." I said shrugging, what was so wrong to like someone? I liked Blaire, and my uncle… actually I love my uncle but still I like them as people.

"Okay… I think she took it another direction." Blaire said. I furrowed my eyes.

"What do you mean another direction?" I asked.

"I mean… she probably thought that you liked him more than a friend should… Like a lover." Blaire explained. I gasped then started swearing at myself.

"I'M SO FUCKIN STUPID!!!" I cried. Blaire parked in a parking space at school.

"No you're not! You were just a bit confused, that's all." She said.

"No! Now everything changes. No wonder she pushed me to spend some time alone with Bayley two days ago!" I said.

"What? What did you guys do?" She asked.

"She just told him to bring me to see his trophies or whatever." I said. Blaire laughed.

"Wow, she pulled out the "he's a champion" card. Smooth." She said as we exited the car.

"No! I… ugh! This is going to be so awkward if I saw him again. Or worst, when she makes more attempt to get me together with him. This is so stupid, he might have a secret girlfriend. Or maybe he won't like me that way, which is cool." I said. She laughed.

"You're so naive." She said as we walked in the school.

"I feel so epically stupid right now. Why is this happening to me." I said. Blaire laugh and patted my back.

Bayley's POV

I dreamt about it all night. Her touch, her eyes, and her laugh… but there was also a nightmare involved… it was Coach Patton's eyes.

He knew exactly what was happening somehow. I saw his judgement, they haunted me in my dreams… or to say nightmares.

After I brought her downstairs yesterday, Coach gave me a look but I was able to ignore it. When they left my mom said her intentions.

"Isn't she lovely?" My mom asked.

"Mom, what are you talking about?" I asked her. She smiled.

"Well, I asked her when we went shopping if she liked you and she did… I was just helping out since you liked her too." She said, my eyes went wide. My dad also looked at my mother then at me.

"Mom! Stop it. I…. I don't like her." I said and ran up the stairs.

My lies were horrible, and she probably didn't get the message to stop what she's doing. I just hope that Matt doesn't think I'm a weirdo or something.

"Hey." Dex said coming to me and patted my back.

"Sup." I said to him.

"Why so down like a girl? Are you on your period?" He joked. I tried smiling but the thought was in my head.

"Okay… don't reply." He said.

"Sorry. My mom held a dinner yesterday." I said.

"And?" Dex asked.

"Coach Patton and Matt were there." I said to him.

"Oh, wow. Dude, you're so lucky. Time with Matt." Dex said. I cleared my throat.

"Stop… Coach was there and he was staring me down." I said to Dex.

"Busted." He said. "But you don't really like her right?" Dex asked.

"I don't know actually. After practice last time, and I stayed back. I kind of hung out with her." I said.

"And? How was it? Was she nice, bitchy, or shy?" He asks.

"She was just… amazing. I played her after we were done washing your uniform." I said, Dex chuckled a laugh.

"Did you win?" Dex asked. I was silent.

"You LOST?" Dex asked amazed.

"Yea… that was how amazing she was." I said to Dex.

"Yea, she whooped your ass. And also she talked back to David." Dex said.

"Yea… don't say this but… I really like her." I told Dex, well more like confessed. I felt relieved that I got this off my chest.

"You're screwed." Dex said. I smiled and nodded.

"Hey, your girlfriend is walking this way." I said and pointed at her with a head motion. He then grabbed my arm and we walked another way.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"We broke up." He said.

"Wow." I said.

"Yea. She kept dragging me to places like clubs and rock houses." he said.

"And what's the problem? The last I remember you love going to those places." I said.

"Well, I do… but when I go with her… guys keep hitting on her and she goes along with it." Dex said. I felt bad for Dex, he really likes Winnie but she's a bit… promiscuous.

"Well, you knew Winnie was like that before you guys started going out." I said.

"I know… and I thought it would just be a hookup, but… I guess I got to girly." Dex said. I smiled and patted his back.

"Hey, let's do no girls. Let's work on hockey, I really want that big trophy." I said.

"Me too. I mean, we'll get more girls if we win that amazing big one." He said grinning. This was my best friend, Dexter (Dex) Fleckerstein.

"BOYS!" I heard Coach Patton say, we skated to him. Next to him was Matt.

"Hey." I said to her, she waved but she didn't look at me at all.

"Say hello to your manager." He said. "She will be doing everything for you guys." Coach Patton said, the guys snickered.

"Hey, grow up." Coach Patton said loudly. All the guys shut their mouths. Dex elbowed me, I looked at him. His eyes pointed to Matt. I sighed and gave him a look, cut it out.

"We've got a game to win, so practice is no joke from now on boys. We have to win that trophy to put us up there." Coach Patton said to us, we all nodded. No girls.

"Thanks Matt." The guys said as they placed their uniform shirt in the bag she was holding out. I stood there leaning on the wall, just looking at her.

"I know what's in your mind Bayley." I looked to my right. Coach Patton was leaning on the other wall looking at me with his arms crossed.

"I'm not mad." he said. I looked at him, but I can't help but look elsewhere.

"You know what would happen, and I'm very serious about this one request." He said.

"Yes, sir." I said.

"You're not a bad boy… I know very well. You're committed and you're a leader of this team. You're the most mature in this team." He said.

"The reason, I don't want any of you boys to date Matt is that if something happens… One I will hate you. And Two, I will never trust you enough to be on my team." He said.

"Yes sir, I understand." I said to him.

"Good boy. I don't mind if you're friends with Matt… just no tricky business okay?" Coach Patton said when he patted my shoulder.

"Yes." I said and went to Matt. I looked at her, she then looked away. I was disappointed. I placed my shirt in her bag and grasped onto my bag, I walked away….