The Wind Blows

You're The Ember To My Flame

She pulled the blanket over her legs as she laid on the couch, and mindlessly flipped through the channels. She hadn't slept in days, and it was beginning to effect her ability to do much at this point. Her hair was knotted in a bun on top of her head, and there was dark circles beginning to form beneath her sunken eyes.

She wasn't sure why she was letting it effect her so much. Not hearing from John used to be so normal, but now it seemed like something she couldn't go a day without. And the fact that it had been three days since he walked out of her apartment was only making her more antsy, hoping he would somehow get the urge to call her.

There was a knock on the door, and she nearly jumped out of her skin at the sudden noise.
But as soon as she regained composure, her feet were racing towards the door, with hope in her fragile heart that it was John standing behind it.

And when she reached forward, and pulled on the knob, her face twisted into one of confusion, "Kennedy?"

He gave her a smile, that smile that always made her knees go weak, and her heart race inside her chest.

"Were you expecting someone else?" He laughed softly, and she shook her head, with thoughts of John surfacing back into her head.

"Um no - I'm sorry, its just I wasn't expecting you. That's all," she closed her eyes, to shake the thoughts of John from her mind, before they opened once more to greet his, "so, why are you here, again?"

He laughed vaguely, like it was the most obvious thing in the world. And maybe it would've been if she didn't already have a million other things occupying her mind, "I came to see you."

He took a step closer, and she looked up to peer into his soft hazel eyes that always made her stomach churn whenever he was around, "So can I come in?"

******** This is all that I have written/left of Chapter 7 due to Mibba's site crashing on April 15, 2012. The chapter was posted, but was deleted when the site crash, and I never saved it elsewhere other than Mibba. I decided since I know for a fact that I will not be able to rewrite this chapter the way that I had it written originally, and actually be satisfied with it, to write a very brief summary of what happened instead. That way I can continue this story, and the people who never got to read this chapter will have an idea of what's going on, without getting lost while continuing to read. Thank you for baring with me on this. I appreciate the support. ********

Okay so in the rest of the original Chapter 7 Kennedy comes over to Dani's to spend some time with her, and when he realizes the tension between them he second guesses himself on going over to her place at all. Just as he is about to leave she catches him off guard, and insist that he stays, and helps her make waffles for breakfast.

They joke around with each other, and both Dani, and Kennedy make fun of his cooking skills after he ends up burning the waffles. Kennedy ends up feeling bad for not being able to make her breakfast, but Dani comes up with an alternative to make pancakes instead.

After Kennedy stands aside, and watches her begin to mix the ingredients, he mentions how he "misses this". Dani questions him, and he responds by saying how he misses spending time with her, and seeing her everyday. She simply tells him how he's welcome to visit her anytime that he wants to. She sets things aside to look at him, and he ends up moving closer.

They end up getting into a little argument about their relationship. She reminds him that HE was the one that ended things between them, but he defends himself, by telling her that there were reasons for him doing so, reasons that he wasn't able to reveal.

She jerks away from him, and she reminds him that there should never be a reason not to be honest when it comes to relationships.

He ends up telling her how he's always loved her, but she questions him, and their love for one another, by telling him that she's not so sure that he has.

*** Flash Back Part***

*The setting is held in a coffee shop*

Kennedy questions Dani about spending so much time with John lately, and he definitely shows jealousy towards him in this part of the story. Dani tries to explain to Kennedy that it has nothing to do with her, and John - that there is no chemistry between the two, and that all she cared about was her sister - that this was about her sister. She becomes upset at the fact that Kennedy doesn't show any trust in her, or their relationship.

Kennedy argues that John, and Anna are capable of taking care of their relationship themselves, and don't need her assistance in doing so.

She ends up storming out of the coffee house that they are at, and ends up standing at the edge of the road with tears in her eyes, and unsure of where to go. She hears Kennedy calling after her, and when he finally reaches her, he pulls her in close to him, and confesses that this whole thing is stressing him out, and how he's sorry, and wants to make things right between them - and that he wants to make things last.

***END Flash Back****

John sits alone in the darkness of his apartment drinking whiskey by the bottle. All he can think about is the girl that he ran from, and he's trying to drink his thoughts away. There's a knock on his door, and he unexpectedly finds Dani with soaked clothes from the rain outside, and tears in her eyes.

She unexpectedly pours her heart out to him in this part of the story, about how she's tired of living her life the way she's been living it. She continues, telling him that she's tired of living her life by trying to please someone who's dead - that she should be able to live her life the way that she wants to without feeling guilt, and regret. She even tells him how she's tired of trying to please everyone, when she never get's gratitude in return.

She ends the rant by telling him that she's not sure why she was there - that she didn't have anywhere else to go - or anyone else to run too.

He ends up making an unexpected move by drunkenly stumbling towards her, and pulling her into his arms, and kissing her. The kiss ends up deepening, and as he pulled her into his apartment, as she pushes her way in, she's to blind to see the bottle of whiskey sitting on the end table by the door.

They somehow end up in his bedroom, and on his bed, and that's where things start to get complicated. Their clothes are shredded from their skin, and their's nothing but a cloud of lust coating their eyes. Everything that happens is selfish, and nothing about it is romantic, or beautiful. She can taste the whiskey from his lips, but none of that stops them from going too far.

[Basically a very vague sex scene happens during this part, which I'm not rewriting, because the way I wrote it before was just the way that I wanted it, and it will be the same if I do. I'm sorry.]

*****

At 4:00 AM (later that night) John finds himself still awake lying in bed, with tired eyes, but unable to sleep. He's holding the sleeping girl in his arms as she stirs barely, and he holds his breath that she doesn't wake. She ends up burying her face into his chest further, before falling back to sleep. The alcohol has now drained from his system, and all he can think about was what had happened earlier.

He can't help but question himself on why she came to him earlier with tears in her eyes? And he can't help but wonder who might have put those tears in her green eyes?

He holds her closer to him, as she rest on top of him with her head resting against his chest, and the beat of her heart is felt against him.

********So basically this is the shortest briefest summary possible. I'm sorry if it's crap, but I'm writing this based on my memory, and I tried to include mostly the things that you REALLY need to know in order to continue reading this story without getting confused. I'm still mad at Mibba, so I've decided to type the rest of the story in Word on my laptop, because it's obvious that Mibba is not reliable, or dependable anymore. Again I'm really sorry for those that never got to read this chapter originally, because I really loved it, but there's always the rest of this story to look forward too, and I hope you all stick with me through it. Please don't hesitate if you have any questions! I'd be happy to answer them!! Thank you so much for the support!! It means a lot! <3 ********
♠ ♠ ♠
So sine the crash took away about 10 of my comments, and 15 of my subscribers, please re-subscribe if you have too. And if you would please, leave me some comments, an feed back. It would really mean a lot.

Comment's: Here
Subscription's: Here

Thank you so much! <3
-Mal