Ice in My Veins

036

Johnny walked into the library looking for something to read when he saw a sleeping Danika curled up on the couch. Wanting to make her comfortable he picked her up and started to carry her back to her room that she shared with Shadows.

As he was making his way through the house he saw Shadows in the distance and when Shadows eyes landed on them he didn’t like the sight he saw. Walking over to them in a rush he stopped in front of Johnny, “Where are you taking her,” he demanded not liking the sight of Danika in Johnny’s arms.

“I was just taking her up stairs to put her to bed,” Johnny said not liking the look of anger in his friend’s eyes.

“What did I tell you about her, huh? Didn’t I tell you to stay away from her,” Shadows demanded. He didn’t like this new feeling that was coursing through his body, but when he saw Danika in Johnny’s arms all he could think was MINE. He didn’t want anyone touching her except him or even talking or looking at her. She was his and his alone.

Johnny just stood there and listened to his friend. He knew that Matt was trying hard to fight his other side, but Johnny could tell that it was getting hard for him. It was like some days he was okay and then others Shadows would show up and it scared the shit out of him.

“Give her to me,” Shadows demanded.

“Ma…”

“I said give her to me,” Shadows yelled causing Danika to jump in Johnny’s arms.

“What’s going on,” She asked once she was awake and able to open her eyes, “Shadows,” she asked when she looked over to the man who was standing in front of her. She knew who she was looking at just by the color his hazel eyes would turn. When he was Matt the were a light shade almost green and bright, but when it was Shadows they were darker deader and almost brown in color.

For awhile she just looked at him and she saw his eyes change from dark to light, “I’m sorry Johnny. You can take her upstairs and keep her company,” he said in a quiet voice as he turned and walked away.

Danika and Johnny turned to look at each other and he put her down, “Thanks for waking up when you did,” he told her.

“Why,” she asked already knowing the answer.

“Shadows was pissed, but I never seen him switch so fast before. It was like when he looked at you Matt surfaced,” he told her as they started to walk up the stairs.

“What’s wrong with him really,” Danika asked wanting to know more about Matt.

Johnny didn’t know how to really answer the question, “It’s like there’s two men inside of him. It happened when we were younger. He and my older brother would always get terrorized by older guys. Then one day they took it too far and beat Matt and my brother,” Johnny took a deep breath, “My brother ended up dying and since that day Shadows showed up. At first everything seemed okay, but then he saw they guys who killed my brother and he ended up killing them. He was only 14 at the time, but still he was never the same since,” he told her as they reached her bedroom.

“So Shadows is like his defense trigger then,” she stated rather than asked as they walked into the room and went to sit on the couch.

“Yeah, I guess,” Johnny said.

“It makes since. You said Shadows showed up when your brother died and he just recently popped up again when his family died. It makes since. Shadows is like Matt’s protector.”

After she finished talking he just stared at her, “Then you have to help him,” Johnny said.

Danika let out a nervous laugh, “Why me,” she asked.

“Because Matt only started to surface again when you came along and he is starting to show more and more. It’s like he is drawn to you.”

Danika turned from Johnny, “Can we please just watch TV,” she replied instead and grabbed the remote. Not brothering to say another word they both just looked at the TV and watched a random show with each other.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys here's another update. I hope you enjoyed it. Oh and thanks for the comments.