Ice in My Veins

040

Danika didn’t know what was going to happen to her as she was led back into the house. She was scared and she knew that what they had planned for Michael was not going to be good. As they were walking Shadows took Danika’s hand and pulled her way from Michael and placed her on the other side of him.

Michael saw what was going on out the corner of his eye as he saw Shadows grab Danika just before they came to a spilt in the hall way. He saw Shadows move to his right with Danika and he automatically lashed out, “Danika,” he yelled, but before he could touch her Shadows reacted.

Shadows didn’t like the fact that Michael tried to reach for her and his instinct reaction came out. He pushed Michael away, but the other man came back at him swinging his arm to punch his captor. Shadows saw the blow coming and ducked just in time and came back up, upper cutting Michael in the chin.

Danika wanted to scream at the sight and stop them, but Johnny came to her and started to lead her back to the room she slept in, but she couldn’t move. She didn’t want to go and she struggled against him. Not wanting to hurt her he stopped trying to take her away, but kept her at a safe distance from the fighting men.

Shadows and Michael, each fought to get the upper hand on the other as their men watched on not wanting to mess up the leaders’ chances of proving who was better and stronger. Shadows was soon able to get Michael on his back when he tackled him and started to repeatedly punch his face.

Danika couldn’t take what was happening and she saw that Michael wouldn’t be able to stand it any longer if he took more blows to the face, “MATT,” she yelled, “STOP!” she was able to get out of Johnny’s gripped and ran over to Shadows who was straddling the beaten man.

“Stop,” she said as she pulled on his arm and kept him from punching Michael once more.

Shadows resented the fact that she had pulled on him and he reached back and grabbed her by the throat. Backing her into a wall her looked at her and started to squeeze not caring that she was carrying his child.

Danika felt herself loosing oxygen the more he chocked her and she struggled to get out of his grasp, “Let her go Shadows,” she faintly heard Johnny beg.

“Just do the bitch in,” she soon heard Syn say and she felt his grip tighten even more.

She reached up and grabbed his wrist with both hands and forced her eyes to look at him, “M…Ma…Ma…Matt,” she was able to get out, “pl…p…ple…please…do…don’t…,” she felt herself getting sleepy and the edges of her vision were turning blurry and black, but yet she kept looking at him.

After a while Shadows let out a yell like a wild beast and released her. Danika almost dropped to the floor, but Johnny was right there to catch her, “Danika are you okay,” he asked. All she could do was nod her head and rest it against his chest.

“Pick her up and let’s go,” Matt said not waiting to take her back to the room now. He looked down at her figure and closed his eyes. He had almost killed her and he didn’t feel good about it either. Just when he had he had the chance to avenge his family death and in front of Michael, didn’t give him pleasure.

He had to battle himself to do what he did. He was in a blinded rage and he just wanted to kill, but when she forced herself to look at him and say his name he couldn’t do it anymore. He didn’t want revenge, he wanted her, but part of him lofted that and just wanted to get rid of her. He didn’t want to feel weak again like he was with his family, with Tommy, and he didn’t want to be that way with her.

As the walked he looked to a bloody Michael who was giving him a death glare. He had heard the other man struggle against his friends as he tried to help Danika, but they held him back. Before they reached the room where the others where Matt stopped Johnny and reached for Danika.

At first she leaned away from him, but when she looked into his eyes she knew it was Matt and went to him. After he had taken her he held close to him and carried him to the living room that was off to the other side that was now empty. Setting on a couch with her still in his arms he held her tighter and pressed his forehead against her, “Please forgive me. I didn’t mean to,” he told her. Danika didn’t know how to react, so she didn’t say anything. She just allowed him to hold her.

Lifting his head he buried his face into her neck and started to kiss the bruised flesh. His lips were soft and tender and when he was done he looked back into her face, “Please forgive. I need you,” he told her as he pressed his lips to hers, “I need you to help me,” he told her. It was something that was hard for him to admit, but it was true, she made him feel human again, like he was whole.

“I’ll help you,” she rasped from her sore throat. He held her tighter and got up with her in his arms.

“Good, now all you have to do is tell Michael. I want him to get it that your mine now,” he told her as he kissed her once more and walked out the room towards the one where the others were waiting.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey the comments are rad and so are you guys. You are some kick ass readers and I couldn't ask for better ones. Lovers you guys like a fat kid loves cake.