Ice in My Veins

041

Sitting in the room being held at gun point Michael waited along with Danika’s father for Shadows to turn up. He sat to next to the older man and they locked eyes. Each one understood that either someone set them up or that the two men that Michael had posted had been found out. Michael didn’t like the thoughts, but they were close to the truth as anything.

Just when he was about to open his mouth to speak Michael heard the door open and in walked Shadows closely followed by Danika. His eyes widened at the site and when he tried to stand up he was roughly pulled back into his set.

Danika looked around the room for Michael when her eyes landed on her father, “Daddy,” she asked and tried to go towards him, but Shadows grabbed her by the waist, “No, that’s my father,” she said as she got loose and ran towards him falling into his arms.

Nate Dog held his daughter and let her cry on his shoulder as he rubbed her back. Even though their relationship hadn’t been well since her mother died they still loved each other, “I’m sorry baby that I wasn’t able to get you out,” he whispered in her ear.

“It’s okay daddy. At least you came and tried,” she said as she hugged him tighter. Soon she felt someone pulling on her and she reluctantly pulled back from her father.

Nate Dog looked at the man who he could tell was know as Shadows, “Get your filthy hands off my little girl. You have no right to touch her.

Shadows sneered down at the black older male, “I have every right to touch your little girl,” he said with venom in his voice.

“If she had a choice than she wouldn’t be here,” Michael jumped in.

Shadows glared at his opponent, “See that’s where you are wrong. I am giving her the choice right now. Either she can stay or she can leave. Now what will it be Danika? Do you want to stay with me or leave with them,” he asked.
Danika looked between the three men and knew what her choice would be, “I’ll stay,” she said.

Michael looked at her in disbelief, “Danika you can’t be serious,” he said furious, “What about all the shit he’s done,” he asked almost shouting at her.

Matt didn’t like the way that he was talking to her and stepped up, “Watch the way that you talk to her,” he warned as he looked eye to eye with his rival.

“And what do you care about her? Huh? Weren’t you the one who raped her and got her pregnant? Weren’t you the one that disgraced her,” Michael asked Shadows.

Danika looked down at the floor and knew that his words were true, but she saw some good in Shadows and she wanted to bring that good out. She wanted to save that part of Shadows that Michael tried to kill when he killed Shadows’ family. She wanted to bring back Matt.

“Can you just stop Michael,” she asked.

Looking down at her he turned to the woman he loved, “I love you Danika and I refuse to let you stay with him,” he told her.

She let out a sigh, “I know you love me.”

“Good then tell him that you are not staying,” Michael demanded, “Tell him that you’re mine,” he demanded of her again.

“Michael I am not yours and even if I were to leave here it wouldn’t be to go to you. I don’t love you like that,” she told him looking him in the eye.

Michael was furious, “How can you say that after all I’ve done for you?”

“Michael for all you done for me I am thankful, but I never asked for it and you knew how I felt,” she told him.

Not wanting to hear another word Shadows stepped between the two, “She’s made her choice now leave my place and if you ever come here again you won’t make it out alive. So take your men and leave. This is your last chance,” Then looking towards Nate Dog he said, “We need to talk.”

As he turned and walked with Danika and her father out of the room Shadows could hear Michael’s threats of getting Danika one way or other and Shadows soon realized that their roles have just reversed.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so sorry about the lateness, but I've been tired and then I found out that I was missing this chapter so I had to find it. I hope that you liked it.

So, is it still good?

Is it worth the wait?

Let me know, gnight and I lovers you guys. The comments are great. Oh and Amanda you are right some fat kids do like candy instead.