Ice in My Veins

043

Danika was curled in bed sleeping when she woke to the feeling of the bed depressing. Opening her eyes she noticed that the room was lit with the faint rays of dawn and that she was being pulled close to a huge muscular body. She didn’t have to guess who it was since she knew that it would be Matt or Shadows depending if he was angry, but she knew that it wasn’t Shadows since he had her pressed against him.

Letting out a sigh she turned herself around and came face to chest with him. She felt his arms tighten around her and let him. She really didn’t know what to do since she could still remember what happened hours before hand and she was a still afraid that he would flip out on her.

Just when she started to fall asleep again he spoke, “How does your neck feel,” he asked as he pulled away from her so that he could see her face.

“Its fine just a little sore,” she told him.

Matt just stared down at her, “And how do you and the baby feel,” he asked feeling guilt rise up in his chest.

“We’re fine. I’m sure if something were to happen it would have happened by now.”

He let out a relieved breath and brought her back against him, “Go back to sleep. We can finish talking in the morning,” he told her as he brought the covers over them more and buried his face in her hair.

A few hours after they fell asleep they were soon awakened by the sound of knocking on the doors. Matt let out a growl at whoever had the balls to wake him up. He had asked not to be bothered and now someone was fucking up his rest. Getting up from the huge bed he stalked over to the door in just his boxers and unlocked the doors before he flung one of them open, “What the fuck do you want,” he asked his intruder.

“I just came to bring the miss some food,” Carmen said, “She needs to eat,” she finished as she looked over at Danika.

Danika had a smile on her face when she saw who was at the door, “Carmen,” she exclaimed happy to see one of her many new friends.

Matt looked back at Danika with one arched eyebrow. He didn’t know that she knew any of the maids and that she knew them on a first name bases. He was going to have to talk to her about that.

“Let her in Matt. I’m hungry,” Danika told him and he stepped to the side to let her wheel the trolley in. When she saw it she wondered how Carmen was able to get the thing up the stairs if the was no elevator.

Carmen saw her looking at it and smiled, “There is an elevator in the back end of the house we maids use when bring things up and down the stairs,” she told her and Danika nodded her head in understanding.

“Good to know because soon I will not be able to walk up all those stairs just to get to this room,” she stated.

Matt closed the door and then walked over to seat at the foot of the bed on Danika’s side, “Don’t worry I would’ve carried,” he told her with a smile on his face while he rubbed her right leg.

She looked at his face and noticed that it was a real smile and it made her heart flutter to know that she was the cause of it. Wanting to keep it in place she said, “But what if I am too big,” she asked.

His smile grew even more and he chuckled, “I don’t think you could ever be too big. Besides your so small already that you weight nothing so what is a few extra pounds,” he questioned.

Danika scoffed, “You want me to be fat,” she asked.

“What’s wrong with a little meat on a woman,” he asked, “and from what I’ve seen you never were that skin,” he teased.

Just when she was about to speak the door opened and in walked her father. Jumping up she ran to him, “Daddy,” she yelled almost toppling the muscular man.

“Hey baby girl I was just coming to tell you goodbye, but that I will be back to visit in a couple of weeks,” he told her after he was able to pull her off of him.

“You’re not going to stay for a while,” she asked looking at him.

Nate Dog looked over Danika’s head and looked towards Matt, “No baby girl I just came to say goodbye and that I have to check on business, but that I will be back,” he told her before he stepped away.

“Okay then. Bye,” she told him kind of sad at the fact that she was losing the only contact that she had with the outside world.

“Bye Dani and don’t worry I’ll be back in a few weeks, okay,” he told her.

She simply nodded her head and watched as her father turned to leave and she walked over to where the food was. Feeling her stomach rumble she fixed herself a plate after Matt came to join her and started to eat. She was happy that today was didn’t have morning sickness and that it was gone even if it was to be short lived or gone for good.

As she ate she thought about all the things that happened in the past ten hours and hoped that she made the right choice. She didn’t want to end up like her mother even though she was headed in that direction.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry that I forgot to update and that its not a good chapter, but I will be updating tomorrow for you guys. Also, my other stories will be updated today or tomorrow so don't worry.