Ice in My Veins

058

Weeks had passed since that night and Danika was closer to her due date. They were just coming from one of her now weekly appointments. Her doctor had found out that she had dilated to two and told her and Matt that since she was having twins they could come earlier than expected and that she was having more intense pains then what she was having the she should come to the hospital as soon as possible. She didn’t want to take risk with them so they agreed.

On the way back home her back pains continued, but they didn’t increase and they were few and far apart, but Matt still kept a close eye on her. He was worried. He was going to have to leave tonight to meet with the man who they had looked into for the new business deal. He didn’t want to go, but he knew he had too.

As they neared home he knew who he was going to do. He was going to make one of the guys stay behind to watch over her and her father even sent more men to watch over them so, she would be more protected then he was on the next few days. Yet he was beginning to get an uneasy feeling.

Once at the house he helped up stairs to their room and sat on the edge of the bed as he began to pack his bag for the trip that he and the rest of them were going to take. He was going to leave one of them behind just caution and when he told who it was they were going to be pissed, but he wanted to make sure that Danika was protected as if it was him who was doing the protecting.

When he was done packing his bag he took her by the hand and grabbed the bag as he walked out the room to go down stairs so that he could leave. Vengeance, Christ, Rev, and Syn were already waiting by the door to go. Looking over to Syn he stated, “You’re staying.”

“What,” Syn boomed as he looked at his long time friend and partner in the eye.

“I need you here to watch over Danika,” Matt explained.

“Fuck this. I am not watching over that bitch,” Syn yelled as he glared as Matt.

They stared at each, “You better watch you fucking mouth when her,” Matt said a deadly tone. Syn swallowed. He knew when he was defeated, “you are the only one who I trust to watch over like I would if I was here,” Matt told him.

“Then why can’t one of the other guys stay? Hell let Christ stay they’re practically best fucking friends,” Syn said as he ran his hands through his hair in frustration.
“You know I can’t do that and you know as well as the other that Johnny needs just as must watching over as she does.”

Johnny put his head down at Matt’s words and Syn looked over at him and knew that Matt’s words were the true. Christ wasn’t on their level yet. Though he could kill when it came to it, Syn knew that he was still green around the edges and that he needed more experience.

“Alright I’ll stay and watch over her,” Syn said and then added, “But she stays out of my fucking way unless she needs some important. Got it,” he asked.

“Got it,” Danika said as she looked Syn right and the eyes. She knew that he hated her and now he had something else to hate her about. She could see the contempt that he held for her in his eyes.

After everything was said and done goodbyes where made. Each guy did their hand sign as a farewell and Matt took Danika to the side, “You’re gonna be okay,” he told her as he leaned against the door frame.

“He hates Matt,” she whispered as Syn walked out the room with his bag to go back to his room.

“It’ll be okay. Just stay in the room until I get back. Have Carmen or someone keep you company.”

“I don’t want you to go,” she told him once again.

He let out a sign and grabbed her by the face. His large hands almost engulfing her whole face, “I told you I can’t,” he whispered, “I have to do this not only as the leader of this gang, but to show others that I am still here. That I still have control and who’s boss.”

His thumbs swept across her cheeks as tears fell down them, “I know that, but still…I…I just have a bad feeling and it won’t go away,” she cried.
He pulled her to him and held her close, “Don’t worry in a few days I’ll be home, okay?”

She nodded her head against his chest and he pulled her back a little so that he could kiss her lips just before he turned and walked out the door. She closed her eyes and prayed silently that it all was going to be okay.
♠ ♠ ♠
HEY GUYS SO HERE IS AN UPDATE. SO SORRY ABOUT THE LATENESS, BUT I HAVE BEEN HAVING INTERNET PROBLEMS SO I UPDATE WHEN I CAN. I WILL BE UPDATING MY OTHER THREE SOON SINCE I HAVE ALREADY UPDATED THIS ONE AND STRIPPER AND I AM WORKING ON UPDATES FOR THE OTHERS. SO HOLD TIGHT AND BARE WITH ME. LOVE YA'LL LIKE I FAT KID LOVES CAKE.

QUEENIE