The Last Three Letters

02.

February 2nd, 1922.

Dearest love,

It’s me again, is it me or am I wrong to be concerned? Why won’t you answer me, darling? I’m so scared that you’re not getting my letters because I know that you wouldn’t ignore me. You’re not ignoring me are you, darling? Please tell me you're not! The very thought of you ignoring me tears at my very soul and petrifies me. I need you here with me, please! Please come home to me!

Did you know that Valentine’s Day is less than two weeks away? I’ve done so much planning for when you come see me, you promised you would be home by then, I remember it. You said to me, darling “I promise you dear, I wouldn’t miss spending St. Valentine’s Day with you for the world.” You promised me you’d do everything you could to come home to me!

But more importantly darling, why aren’t you answering me? I’m so very scared something has happened to you! What if death touched you and left you cold before you could light me up again? Are you six feet below? Will the beauty of your pen ever grace my lowly eyes again? Was our love a lie? Why would you lie to me?! What’s wrong with me?

Please, I’m clinging to memories of you and how you wouldn’t ignore me. I need you here, I’m scared, so scared without you. I’m losing sight of what’s right and the light, I need you here to show me the way, to let that smile of yours light the way for me. I need you! Where my last words not enough to tell you that? Am I not good enough for you now? Have you found someone else who wasn’t so dependent on you as me? But my dependency upon you shows how much I love you, darling!

They’re coming now for the mail, I must send this to you. Hopefully you’ll actually get this one.

Love always,
William.
♠ ♠ ♠
Been awhile since I added to this, but I've finished writing this so the other 2 chapters will be posted every other day. So next update will be on Friday, last update on Sunday. I'm really experimenting with insanity here, so bear with me for the shortness of the actual letters. I'm hoping you'll catch how scattered it seems and how.. unwell William is.