Status: working on it, but don't have a lot of time to do so.

Say You'll Stay

Chapter 9 - Reality

Ross's POV

Leaving Mickey alone for a day? This wasn't going to be easy. At least it wasn't three days like she'd originally decided, but still. I just want her to know what really happened. I have to wait until after school to tell her. Wow, this really sucks. I see her in the hallways ALL THE TIME. As I stood at my locker thinking, Sarah came up to me.

"Hey," she said. "What's up?"

"Dying," I answered. She looked confused.

"Why?"

"Mickey won't let me tell her the truth until after school today."

"Yeah, I'd be dying, too," she said, putting a piece of gum in her mouth. "Speaking of which, I'm sorry I got you into this."

"It's cool. It's not like you intended to."

Mickey's POV

At the end of ninth period, I went to my locker to grab a book I needed to take home and headed outside. Ross was waiting there for me. Oh great. It was listening time. I was still a little nervous about it.

"Hey, Mick."

"Hey."

"You ready?"

"No, but I know you have to do this, so, go ahead."

We sat down on the stairs to the school and he began his explanation.

"Well, let me start off with this. Mickey, I would NEVER cheat on you. EVER. You may not believe me but I will do anything for you to let me prove it to you. It may have appeared that way, but I promise you that I didn't."

"So what really happened?" I asked. I just wanted him to get to the point.

"The truth of it is, Sarah is really an actress from New Zealand. She's here to guest star on Austin & Ally. She's in a movie back home and I was helping her rehearse a scene she was nervous about."

I stayed quiet for a few seconds.

"That is the most rediculous thing I've ever heard."

"It's true, I promise!"

"She doesn't have an accent," I pointed out.

"She had to learn to use an 'American accent' because of Austin & Ally. Plus she doesn't want anyone finding out who she is. That's why she came to school here."

I sighed. Point broken.

"It still sounds rediculous, but for some reason, I believe you."

"Oh, thank God!" he said, hugging me. It caught me off guard for a second but I hugged back, smiling. "Mickey, I love you so much. You have no idea."

"No, I know perfectly," I said, hugging him again. He leaned down and kissed me softly.

"I missed you, even if it was only for a day."

I laughed.

"I'm not gonna lie, I missed you, too."

He extended his hand for me to take. We walked home together, once again a couple. I just hoped and prayed that no more bad things would happen between us.

"So, it was just acting?" I asked while we walked.

"Yes. That's all, I swear."

I laughed.

"Relax, I believe you."

He stopped and faced me, looking into my eyes.

"I know. I just don't want to lose you again."

I smiled and took his hand.

"You won't. Unless, of course, you are unfaithful."

His eyes widened
.
"That will NEVER happen."

I giggled.

"Good."
♠ ♠ ♠
thoughts? ;D