Status: Practically completed.

Asked to Compromise

Twenty-Four

Home was exactly how I left it. I missed my lavender painted walls instead of the white walls in California. I missed the white Christmas lights that lit up my headboard and the perimeter of my room. My desk was still littered with torn pieces of paper, sticky notes, and pens. My mom had obviously been in to dust but everything was the same.

I pushed myself from the warm, coziness of my bed. I tugged on my sweatshirt and slipped my slipper-boots onto my feet. I looked out the window at the early morning sky and the snow on the ground that hadn’t melted away yet. I peered down the street. My friends and I all lived within a few blocks radius of each other. I wasn’t allowed to see them.

I sighed and drew my curtains together. I quickly pulled myself together, using the bathroom and brushing my teeth. I remained in my pajamas. Making my way downstairs, I heard my parents’ voices. Warmth and Christmas music spread throughout our house.

“Merry Christmas,” I said quietly, popping into the kitchen.

“I was just going up to get you,” Mom said. “Merry Christmas, baby.” She kissed my cheek.

“Merry Christmas, Dad,” I murmured into his chest as he hugged me and kissed the top of my head.

“Breakfast is almost ready and then we’ll open the gifts,” Mom explained.

I smiled and took a seat on a stool patiently. She always made big breakfasts and dinners on holidays.
“I think bringing you back here was a mistake, Priscilla,” My father said after we opened up the gifts and sat around the fireplace.

“What- what’d I do?” I asked frantically. I didn’t think I had done anything wrong.
“You didn’t do anything,” He said calmly. “It’s just… it makes it ten times harder to watch you leave again.”

“I’ll be back in June,” I reassured him. June was six months away. It sounded worse when I said it aloud.

“Baby, that’s so far away,” My mom cooed. “But Mr. Sanders told us that you’ve been making progress. I can see it.”

I smiled because she noticed the new change, “Thanks, Ma.”

“I hope it’s genuine change,” Dad said.

“It is,” I nodded.

I wasn’t sure I would stay like this forever, but for now, it was a positive change.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've been gone for three months, I think. Extreme writers block and lack of motivation. This is like 300 words but at least it's something to get me started. I honestly just want to get this story over with. I started this story exactly 2 years ago. That's a long ass time. I may update again later on today.

There's only three more chapters left.