Status: Anus.

Pull Out My Insides

Zara Alisa Randall

As the door slams open, the piece of wood nearly makes a dent in the wall with the force that it hits it. Footsteps stomp up my stairs, stopping at my room and opening the door to my room.

"Zara?" my brother's voice asks. "You okay?"

I shake my head stoically. "I don't think I'll ever be okay, Andrew..." I whisper into the silent room.

"I should kill that fucking prick for what he did to you," he mutters to himself. After that, he mumbles something else. Something like 'I've already done enough damage, though.'

☠Time Lapse☠
Honestly, when I first saw Asher's black eye and split lip, I was laughing my ass off on the inside. I get why my brother's knuckles were bruised last night. Because my brother... beat up... Asher... Only a small pang of guilt pinches at my heart, but I merely push it away and laugh harder in my head. A smile, barely there smile causes my lips to tug up in the slightest sense, catching Asher's eye, but as his eyes meet mine, I turn my head quickly, looking at a poster that I've memorized every word of already.

☠Time Lapse☠
A few hours later, I'm sitting at lunch with Suzanna, Henry, Stella, and Mason per usual, sitting back and listening to them jabbering on about comfortingly pointless topics. I love my friends' simplicity.

"You alright, Zara?" Mason asks me as I once again zone out.

Hiding my obvious melancholy, I fake a reassuring smile and nod at him. "Yeah, of course."

Deciding not to argue right now, he just shrugs and leaves me to my thoughts again. But I wish that he kept talking; the familiar face of my deceiver keeps invading my thoughts, that traitorous bastard. If only he never walked into my life. Ever since then, everything has only gone downhill. Other than befriending Suzanna and Stella and Mason and Henry, but that's doesn't count.

"Zara?" a familiar voice breaks through my mind again.

"What?" I ask, eye lidded heavily with exhaustion. I haven't been getting much sleep these days.

"Wanna go to the beach with us today?" Henry asks.

After thinking it over for a few seconds, I nod. "Sure..." I trail off. I could really use a distraction right now.