Status: Anus.

Pull Out My Insides

Asher Hugo Ramsay

As another two weeks go by, I feel myself growing especially nervous. It feels almost surreal that in just a little while, I'll actually be a dad. Like, there's a human being that's half of me, a human being who's completely dependent on Zara and me.

"Zara? Where are you?" I mutter under my breath as I walk into her house, looking for the girl. Her most visited rooms are empty--the kitchen and living room--so I check her room. As soon as I open the door, I stumble upon a crying Zara watching a movie.

"Zara? Is that--is that Harry Potter?"

She just nods sadly and sobs harder. "It's so sad! Why did he have to die?! No one understands him like I did!"

"Who are you talking about, darling?" I ask her as I cross the room and sit next to her, hugging her to me.

"Snape! That fucking snake just killed him and he's such a good person!" she cries, shaking with sobs.

"I'm sorry," I tell her, trying to comfort her a bit. She just wipes her tears away and pauses the movie while looking up at me with puppy dog eyes.

"What is it?" I groan.

"Help me up?" she asks. I just laugh and stand up, helping her up as well. She runs her hands over her protruding belly and I follow her to the kitchen where she starts pulling random things out of the fridge to make a sandwich. As she hums happily, moving fluidly around the kitchen, I just stare at her in awe.

"What?" she asks me, eyes wide and word slightly muffled from the sandwich currently residing in her mouth. I just chuckle and shake my head.

"Nothing."

-Two days later-
"Hey, Zara?"

"Yeah?" she answers.

"I have a surprise for you," I tell her, not wanting to give away anything.

"Ooh, what is it? What is it?!" she asks excitedly.

"Wait a sec," I tell her, getting up and pulling her up with me. "Come on," I tell her.

She follows me to her bedroom and I open the door, seating her on her bed and walking to her closet and pulling out her surprise, still facing away from her.

"Okay, close your eyes," I order her. Her green eyes close and I walk towards her, sitting next to her on the bed.

"Alright, open."

She immediately opens her eyes and gasps at the thing in my arms, smiling widely.

"Did you get me--"

"A kitten. Yep. He's yours," I tell her, grinning and handing him to her.

"Oh my God, he's so adorable! What's his name?"

"Anything you want it to be."

She takes the small black furball into her arms and coos at him.

"His name is Batman."
♠ ♠ ♠
Batman
Running out of ideas--gonna end soon. Bout two or three more chapters.