Element of Fire

Twigs

Walter carried me back to the spot where we had stopped, and the moment that Brock saw me he flipped.
"What the hell happened to her!?" He yelled rushing over to where I was dangling helplessly from Walter's hold.
"She held off a "known" while the girl over there got away, then she killed it." He said matter of factly tilting his head in the direction of the girl from earlier.
I managed to tilt my head in the direction that he was looking and saw the girl I had protected. She was quivering from head to toe and I had the urge to go comfort her, but the only thing I was capable of doing at that moment was dangling.
"What she killed a "known" all by herself, but that shouldn't be possible." he said his voice lowering.
I glared at him, then Walter set me down. After he walked away the girl rushed over and held a gourd to my lips. I drank deeply from it, then she handed me some food and smiled.
"Thank you." I said as I excepted the food from her.
"It is the least that I could do, I wanted to thank you for rescuing me." Her voice was sweet and had a slight melody tone to it.
"You don't have to thank me." I mumbled through the bread I'd shoved in my mouth.
She just smiled then stood up and stepped back a few feet, I looked up and saw Brock and Walter were coming over. The didn't look happy about something, when they reached me I saw Walter cast a glance in the girls direction then knelt down so we were eye level.
"Sya, we thought it over and we though it would be better if we split up. Now that they know you're alive they won't stop until they catch you." he said despair hanging in his eyes.
"How would they know about me?" I asked coughing slightly as I did.
"You killed one of their own, they know when that happens and how it happened. They know about you now and the only way to keep you safe is if we separate, especially were we're heading."
"You still want me to go?" I asked completely baffled.
"We don;t have a choice, you have to go!" Brock said angry for some reason.
"Then how-?" I asked not finishing the sentence.
"I can take her." A voice said startling us all.
The girl was raising her hand and looking at us. For a second Brock and Walter just stared at her as if she were insane. Then they cast a look at each other and came to a silent understanding.
"Fine, we entrust our little sister to you. Keep her safe." Walter said looking at the girl.
She nodded but Walter didn't look any less uneasy, neither did Brock. Me? Well it didn't seem like anyone cared what I THOUGHT!
♠ ♠ ♠
Ha Sya got angry. Better watch out she might spew flames everywhere.