Element of Fire

Red

As the tears continued to pour down my face I was glad that I had come here, it was not the place that I needed to go but it was somewhere that I had to go to. Suddenly I stopped. The others would be there. At the place where i can become a full warrior. We had to get out of here and to them. With the idea firmly planted in my mind I wiped all my tears away and stood up.
"Oh you're done crying that's good. What are you up to now?" He asked as I grabbed the clasp around his wrist and started tugging on them.
"We have to get out of here. I know a safe place we can go." I tugged and tugged but the clasps weren't coming undone.
"Child you have to understand there is no way out of here. There are no keys to the locks only the known can open them." he sighed as if he was dealing with a two year old.
"Maybe that will work." I muttered under my breath.
Nestrom glanced at me curiously, but I ignored him and focused on my hands. I tried to call the hottest fire I could into them but nothing was happening. I balled my fists in frustration, and I noticed on the back of my hands were weird marks. It took me a moment to realize they were keeping me from drawing on my power. I roared in frustration and banged my hand on the wall.
"Hey young one calm down. You'll attract their attention." He scolded.
I wasn't paying him any attention though.
"Miyana get your butt out here right now and help us!" I yelled.
"Young on who are you-" He never finished his sentence as my body began to glow.
I felt my body heat rise, and when I thought I was going to catch on fire Miyana stepped out of my body drawing all the heat away with her. She floated in the air in front of me, then landed on my shoulder and let out a yawn.
<I was sleeping you know>
"Sorry, but could you melt his cuffs then the bars we have to get out of here?" I asked running a hand over her.
<Of course.>
She flew over and landed on the metal that pound him to the wall, a second later the metal glowed hot red and came apart. He dropped to the ground and I raced over and caught him as he stumbled. It seemed as if he was surprised to feel the earth beneath his feet, but a second later I saw the surprise on his face came from me.
"Sya? Little Sya? Is that really you?" He asked his voice filled with awe.
"Yes, but we have to get out of here, they're sure to notice the energy signal I just gave out." I said helping him over to the bars where Miyana was already melting them.
<Mission complete> She announced proudly.
I smiled at her, then dragged Nestrom through the now melted bars. He had no strength in his legs, so it was mostly me dragging him down the long hall towards a door that I hoped led outside. He was just remembering how to walk when an alarm started sounding and I knew they'd found out we had escaped.
"We have to hurry, they'll catch up in no time!" I shouted pushing the door open with my shoulder.
"Leave me I'll never make it." Nestrom said as we set foot outside.
"What/ And have the others yell at me for leaving you behind? I'd rather take my chances." Was my reply to his ridiculous request.
It was nighttime, but I still saw there shapes clearly as they walked out of the houses towards us. I whirled around and saw we were surrounded on all sides, they pushed us back until we were against the giant bon fire in the center. Miyana stayed in front of us keeping them at a distance, then the man who had used his sight on me earlier walked forward and I knew I was looking at the leader. A second later Wendy walked out of the crowd and joined him.
"You did not say she could summon her guardian." He said speaking to her.
"I didn't know she was alone when she fell into our trap." She replied sounding distressed.
He grunted then turned his eyes on me, I closed them at once and once they were closed I saw the thin line that was his power trying to sweep me up. Miyana destroyed it just as it was about to reach us and when it was safe I opened my eyes again.
"That will not work on me this time." I announced trying to sound braver then I felt.
"Maybe so, but you have nowhere to run little warrior. You will either die by our hands or by the flames that are so connected to you." His voice reminded me of nails scratching on a board.
I looked back at the flames then at them, I only had one choice and I didn't even know if whatever I was about to try was going to work. For a second when I stared into the flames I saw my home in the other world, my family over there. But I shook the images away and focused on my true family. When I had the image firmly in my mind I looked back at the known and smiled.
"I'll get us away trust me." I whispered to Nestrom.
He nodded and I whistled form Miyana to come over to where we were. She floated over and I knew she already had a idea of what I was going to do. I looked their leader straight in the eyes.
"Death is never the only option." I said before running into the fire.
Someone shouted behind us, but by that time we were already in the center of the inferno. It was hot, hotter then anything I'd felt so far, but I called out the words that would transport me.
"Serverus Anito Secrum!"
The flames grew ten times in size and formed a bubble around us. A second later we stepped through them and walked out into a square that I'd never seen before. I was only able to turn and see the flames that had carried us so far vanish before exhaustion overtook me and I dropped. All my energy was spent, and so was most of my magic. Nestrom called my name but by then I was already unconscious.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ha, sorry that this chapter is so long. I had the need to write down everything I was thinking of. I wonder where they went?