Element of Fire

Orange

When i opened my eyes I was inside a building. Seeing a ceiling above me that I didn't know, made me think of the when I first woke up here in this strange world. I turned and a blanket shifted so I knew for sure that this time I was actually lying on a bed of some sorts. The only question I had then was: Where the heck was I?
"Oh, you're awake." A familiar voice said from next to me.
I turned my head towards the sound and saw Walter get up and walk over to a window that lay open. He looked upset and I wanted to comfort him, but as soon as I moved a wave of dizziness washed over me and I had the strong urge to puke. He was at my side in a flash, helping me to sit up. When the urge faded I looked at him, but he wouldn't meet my eyes.
"Where are we?" I croaked.
For some reason my throat was really dry, as if he could read my mind he picked up a cup from a nightstand and handed it to me. I looked at the strange purple liquid that rested inside and looked at him. A short smiled broke across his face as he realized what I was thinking.
"Sya after all that has happened do you really think I'd try and poison you?" He laughed softly as he spoke.
I shrugged and sipped the contents of the cup in my hand. It tasted really sweet and by the time I handed the cup back to Walter it was all gone. He turned away and I saw shadows in his eyes, something was bothering him and I wanted to know what it was.
"Walter what happened? Did something go wrong? Are the others alright?" I was concerned and it showed in my voice.
"You know for someone who has been unconscious for the past three days you sure have a lot of energy." He said forcing a smile onto his face.
"I've been asleep for three days?" Realization dawned on me and I almost leaped from my bed, " We have to hurry the Known are going to come after us, and Wendy was one of them, and and-"
"Sya calm down. I know all that already." he said forcing me back down on the bed.
"But how?"
"Nestrom told us what happened. It's fine we're in the one place where they can't come yet." He managed to finally get me back in my sitting position.
"Oh, where are we?"
"We are in The City of Flames. It's where the heart flame lives. It is the last thing that first fire warrior gave to the people before she died." He said looking out the window.
"Wow."
"Yeah, and it's where I was supposed to take you. We shouldn't have separated, despite the danger! I sent you right into their hands!" He said suddenly becoming angry.
He looked away his face shadowed by anger and grief. He looked as if he wanted to hurt someone, something, even himself. I didn't think but simply wrapped my arms around him and pulled his head onto my shoulder. He didn't struggle but I felt his body stiffen.
"There was no way you could've known, and besides if I hadn't gone then I wouldn't have found Nestrom."
We stayed like that for a few seconds then he pulled away.
"You're right, but now you know the transportation spell and can go home at any time. You could leave now and forget you ever came here." His head was turned away but I knew he was going to cry.
"But I'm already home." I said quietly.
he looked at me and I smiled, then slowly leaned forward and kissed him. It was the truth and nothing but the truth. Here with him and the others I was more home then I'd ever been.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kyaaaaaa! She kissed him! They're in the city of flames! Omg!
Sorry I'm acting like a fan girl. I apologize.