Wild Things.

Remembering is Hard to do.

beep… beep… beep… beep… beep… beep… beep… beep… beep… beep… beep…

Enza slowly opened her eyes to the blurry room as she wanted the incessant beeping to stop. She blinked a few times trying to clear her vision. Moving her head to the left she stopped at a pain shot through her neck. She let out a small whimper as she straightened her neck back to where the pain wasn’t as noticeable.

“Cadenza,” It was a low whisper to her left and a gentle caress of her hand that caught her attention and had her looking to her left without moving her head afraid of the pain that would come again.

“C-carlisle, where am I?” She asked barely above a hoarse whisper, there was something wrong. She could feel it, but she couldn’t remember.

“You’re in the hospital sweetheart, do you remember anything that happened today?” Enza blinked looking at Carlisle as she looked around the room still not moving her neck. How was she in the hospital? Did she get into another car accident but actually hit the animal this time? No, she remembered making it home, she remembered being at home.

“I-I remember being at the elementary—” Carlisle stopped her as he reached for something she couldn’t see.

“Here, drink some water, it will help.” He stated as he brought the straw to her lips. The liquid was warm but it felt good on her dry and itchy throat. “Better?” Enza gave a slight nod only to stop from the pain in her neck.

“I had just dismissed my students…”

Enza sat there at her desk listening to a CD that was all Italian music, it calmed her, helped her think as she graded papers. Not really paying attention to the outside world she sang with the music as she graded the paragraphs her students had done today about their home life.

“Carlisle.” Enza smiled as he gently removed the hair from the side of her neck and kissed it.

“How did you know that I was here? I was awfully quiet.” He stated with a smile as she leaned to the side allowing him to kiss her neck more as he’d asked the question.

“My body just seems to know when you are around.” She nearly gasped when he gently sucked and bit her sweet spot. “Carlisle, we are at school.” She stated as he chuckled and just continued. She knew that there would be a passion mark there but was grateful it was closer to the back of her neck so that her hair could hide it. She would never hear the end of it if Leah seen it, or even if Jack would catch a glimpse of it.

“No one can see us.” He stated as she turned her body halfway and brought their lips together as they shared a heated kiss.


“…after we kissed, I vaguely remember going home, but I do know that I got home and started making dinner. I remember being worried about Jack because she wasn’t there and neither was her papa’s motorcycle, I tried calling her and…and I don’t remember.” Enza stated as tears began to form in her eyes. Why couldn’t she remember? What happened that wasn’t allowing her to remember? Where was Jack? “Carlisle! Where is Jacqueline? She’s not hurt is she? Please tell me she’s not hurt.”

“No. no, she is fine, she is on her way, nothing is wrong with your cousin.” Carlisle tried to soothe her as he wiped her tears away. He sat on the side of her bed with his hand her cheek. He would kill whom ever did this to her.

“What happened? Why am I in here?” Enza asked as Carlisle looked at the gauze that was covering the long gash on the side of her neck. Then there was the few butterfly bandages that were under her left eye keeping another but smaller cut closed. He needed to stay in control, she needed him right now.

“You were attacked.”

“Attacked? What do you mean attacked?” She asked trying to remember.

“You don’t remember anything else?” Carlisle asked as she whispered a no. He watched her as she closed her eyes. He knew that she was trying to remember what happened after she got home.

“I was on the phone with Henry as I started cooking…”

“Har har Hen, but seriously, I am happy for you.” Enza stated as she began taking out everything she would need to cook dinner for tonight. She knew that besides Embry and Leah, Seth would be here tonight.

“Thank you, Joshua is such a good man.” Henry stated gushing about his new boy toy. “A little serious though, but oh girl is that man a freak in the sheets.” Henry stated making Enza laugh as she looked at the bar seeing if she had everything she would need.

“Henry that is not something that I really needed to know. You could have kept that bit of information to yourself.” He snorted a retort and she knew that he probably rolled his eyes too.

“Well you know what you don’t need to keep to yourself, the 411 on you and Carlisle. You in a wheelchair honey?” Enza laughed once more as she put some water in a pot to boil. She’d remembered telling Yvette about what Jack had said a while ago when she’d told her about being hot for Carlisle.

“Um, we have just been on a few dates and he’s come over to see me a few times for a little bit.”

“Oh, he makes house calls now too? Ooo-wee girly, I bet that man keeps you libido up.” Henry stated as Enza just shook her head as she began to cut up some vegetables.

“We haven’t had sex Henry, calm yourself.” Enza stated as Henry sighed. “We’ve just had a couple dates…”

“I thought you weren’t interested in another relationship sweetie?”

“To be honest I’m not, Carlisle is just someone I am wasting time with.”

“Okay, go ahead waste time and end up falling for him. You do that Cadenza.” Henry stated as Enza poured the noodles into the now boiling water.

“Henry, it’s not like that, not at all, we just have fun together.”

“You fall for people Cadenza, I know you. Remember Lenny what about Daren?”

“Whatever Henry, anyways, what are you and the girls doing tonight?” Enza asked not wanting to talk about her love life anymore.

“Oh, I am taking them out to dinner so that they can meet and greet with Joshua.” Henry stated as Enza sighed stirring the alfredo sauce. “I know I wish you were here also. You would love him! I mean it, he is the perfect man for me.” Henry stated as Enza smiled hearing just how much Henry seemed to adore this Joshua.

“Well maybe one of these days I can meet him, anyways, I have to go so I can concentrate on this dinner so I don’t burn my chicken breast that are in the oven.”

“Alright sweetie, I love you kisses.”

“Love you too Hen, have fun and tell the girls I said I miss them and love them also.” Enza stated before hanging up the phone.


“…after I hung up the phone, I remember checking the chicken that was in the oven because I was making Chicken Alfredo with Mashed Potatoes and Steamed Buttered Broccoli.” Enza stated as Carlisle nodded as he caressed her arm.

“It’s alright, you don’t have to try and remember everything right now.” Carlisle stated as Enza closed her eyes trying to hold back the tears that she wanted to spill. There were so many unanswered questions that were making her head spin.

“I have to remember, I need to remember. It just doesn’t make any sense why someone would want to attack me.” Enza stated opening her eyes looking directly into Carlisle’s.

“You’ve been through something traumatizing Cadenza, it will come back to you in time.” Carlisle reasoned as she looked opposite of Carlisle and out the window feeling a pain in her neck as she did but trying to ignore it as she didn’t move her head anymore.

“I just don’t get it, I was cooking, just—” Enza stopped talking as there was a quiet knock at her room door. Carlisle stood up and walked over. She heard him whispering something to whoever it was before walking back over to her.

“Cadenza, Leah is here.” Not moving her head Enza looked back to where Carlisle was and looked at Leah. Enza found herself just staring at her not saying anything as she immediately looked away from her not trusting her eyes.

She felt dizzy with the amount of blood she’d lost. It felt like a dream as she felt herself limp in his arms. He was saying things to her but she could hear them. He didn’t sound as mad as he previously had when he arrived but there was still something that wasn’t right with him.

She felt the warm sensation on her shoulders no longer as she hoped her neck had stopped bleeding. Or maybe it was because she was slowly starting to lose consciousness, Enza couldn’t be sure. What she was sure of was that He was different, changed in a way she couldn’t or didn’t want to comprehend.

“DROP HER.” Enza found herself blinking back the spots that were in her vision as she looked towards the entry way of her kitchen. Leah was standing there with Seth as she looked down at Enza and then back up at him.

Enza watched or tried to as the spots were really making her vision hazy. She felt that at any moment she would lose consciousness due to the stress that she was feeling from her wound on her neck. But didn’t always tell the wounded person in the movies to try and stay awake? Well that right now seemed impossible as she watched Leah, she could have sworn that her body was shaking rather violently as she stood there.

“And just what are you going to do if I don’t?” He asked taking himself from Enza’s neck where he’d been feeding.

“I am going to rip you too shreds,” Leah stated with a growl as she looked at her brother. “Call Sam, I can’t hold on any longer.” Leah stated through gritted teeth as he laughed. Enza didn’t understand but the next thing she seen before giving into the darkness that seemed to surround her was Leah lunge in her direction before turning into a huge wolf.


Enza didn’t, more like couldn’t look at Leah.

“Leah c-can you leave.” Enza didn’t ask it as a question but more like told her to leave. Leah looked at Enza not understanding, Carlisle had just told her that she didn’t remember anything. “I’m tired, I want to rest until Jack arrives.” Enza only half lied still not looking in Leah direction. Enza wasn’t sure of what she would see if she looked at Leah.

The image of her turning into a wolf just kept plaguing her mind as she thought about Leah. But that wasn’t possible, there was no way that a human turning into a wolf was possible. Yet, if it was such an impossible task, why couldn’t she bring herself to look at her. A person she considered more like family than a close friend. A part of her, somewhere within her knew that what she’d just remembered was true.

“Okay, I’ll be out in the waiting room until Jack arrives.” Leah stated looking at Enza for a moment before glaring at Carlisle. She couldn’t help but feel that it was his fault that she’d been attacked by one of his kind. Why else would a vampire be hanging around in wait? Leah sat in the waiting room with a defeated and exhausted sigh.

She looked at her arm where the vampire had cut her, the wound was nearly gone, almost completely healed. She’d almost had him, but he’d been stronger. She could that by his strength he was still a freshly made vampire. Only maybe a few months into his vampire life, and that was all she was going to allow that bastard to live.

What was it about Cadenza that the vampire had wanted? For the past two weeks they’d felt his presence and upped patrolling and protective duty. They’d known that he was somewhere near Cadenza’s and Jack’s home. They weren’t sure which one he’d be after and had just assumed both. They should have had more patrol around their home. Why hadn’t they just had someone watching the house?

Because the vampire had been smart, he’d felt their presence and got smart. He’d been staying in their territory for longer periods and checking up on their house briefly to try and catch Cadenza at home, alone. Why hadn’t Carlisle or Alice or one of the leeches been with her? Leah felt her body begin to shake as she felt angrier by the second. She took in a deep breath, she couldn’t lose control again. Cadenza didn’t need her in that way. She needed a supporting human friend who’d said she’d wait for her cousin.

Leah should have hurried more when she’d called Cadenza early, should have sent Seth ahead when Jacob had been talking to them during that pack meeting…

Leah listened as Jacob finished up talking about who would patrol where for the next two days. It had been where the vamps scent had been more frequent. Leah waited until Jacob was done talking and pulled out her cell phone and called Cadenza.

“Hold on one second, I had to take out the chicken.” Leah chuckled at Enza’s greeting as she heard her place the phone down and then heard various noises in the background. “Okay, hello? Sorry about that.” Enza stated as Leah laughed again.

“Hey Cadenza, dinner going to be ready soon I presume?” Leah asked as Enza mumbled something like a ‘yeah’ but was obviously still preoccupied by something. “Cadenza?”

“Huh? Yeah? I’m here, I swear, I just was reading the directions to making Cream Cheese Icing for this Chocolate cake I have out cooling.” Enza stated as seeming scattered brained as Leah could only laugh again. Leah swore that the girl would lose her own head sometimes if it wasn’t screwed on.

“That sounds delicious! Anyways, is Jack there?” Leah asked after looking around for Seth and seen that he was talking with Jacob, probably about his patrol area.

“Uh, no, I am a little worried about her though, she wasn’t home when I got home about an hour and half ago, and her father’s motorcycle wasn’t in the garage.” Enza stated as she began pouring the ingredients in a bowl to start the icing.

“She’ll be fine, Jake and Embry thought her how to ride a few months back.” Leah stated trying to lessen her worries.

“You’re right, but she still never got her motorcycle licenses yet.” Enza pointed out as Leah snorted shaking her head.

“No one in Washington bothers to get that, don’t worry about her she’ll be fine, she’s probably just over at Embry’s waiting for him to get home.” Leah stated as she watched Embry transform and start heading in the direction of his home.

“Yeah, I just worry about her sometimes.”

“More like all the time, so Carlisle there helping you cook?”

“Nope, it’s just me until you guys all get here.” Enza stated as Leah’s eyes went wide.

“Why are you home alone? That is dangerous! You shouldn’t—”

“Leah, I am a grown woman, I can be home alone if I want to!” Enza snapped. Since her and Jack had gotten back from Italy, everyone was acting so overprotective of them. Making sure they were never alone, or never went anywhere alone. It was starting to get on her nerves.

“I know that Cadenza but it’s—”

“Non è sicuro, bla bla bla e tutto il Jazz.” Enza stated as she grabbed a mixing spoon. (It's not safe, yadda yadda yadda and all that Jazz.) “You guys all need to calm down, I grew up in Sin City. I know how to handle myself.” Leah looked over at Seth who was finally done talking with Jake and was now walking over towards her.

“I don’t care if you grew up in Sin City, Forks isn’t Vegas, there are a lot worse dangers here than there.” Leah stated as she knew Enza probably rolled her eyes at that.

“Oh calm your tits, stop being all protective like I am some helpless child. Or…um, no cake!” Enza stated seeming victorious as Leah wasn’t in the mood to play games.

“Just don’t go outside and lock the doors. Seth and I are on our way.” Leah stated as she knew Enza probably rolled her eyes once more and shook her head. Leah hung up the phone as she looked at Seth.

“What’s wrong?”

“Cadenza is home alone, so go tie your clothes to your ankle before transforming, we are running there.”


She should have sent Seth ahead before the meeting. Leah shouldn’t have assumed that Carlisle was with her, although he should have been. He knew this was a crucial time, especially because they didn’t know the vampire. Why hadn’t Alice seen this? She always had seen when bad things were going to happen.

“The window was too narrow. From the moment to called and then arrived, the moment was too brief for Alice to see it.” Leah looked up to see Edward standing there with Renesmee standing next to him holding his hand not looking happy. “And there is something different about this one, it is almost like he knew someone would be watching him and kept his thoughts scattered from anyone to track him.”

“So he knows about you guys?” Leah asked as she seen Renesmee look in the direction of Cadenza’s room.

“Not that we are aware of, but he knew something about being evasive, as to not be tracked.”

“So then why would he want to attack Cadenza?” Leah asked as Edward shrugged his shoulders.

“Carlisle called me over to see what she is thinking, what she remembers.” Edward stated as Leah nodded.

“Then go in.” Leah urged as he looked at her.

“Aren’t you coming?” Renesmee asked as Leah shook her head.

“I think she remembers something about me transforming. She wouldn’t even look at me when I was in the room.” Edward looked at her giving her a reassuring smile before leaving the waiting room and walking towards Enza’s room.

Enza couldn’t sleep even though she’d tried since sending Leah from her room. What she already remembered about the day kept replaying over and in her head. From being at school teaching her students, to the brief moments with Carlisle, she’d remembered driving home and seeing that Francesco’s motorcycle was gone and being worried about Jack. The phone call with Henry that would bring a smile to her lips, she’d briefly remembered talking with Leah on the phone then the wolf thing that seemed more like a dream than a memory then blank.

Nothing.

She couldn’t remember who that person what that attacked…

She was standing there in the kitchen after having just hung up the phone from talking with Leah. Enza started mixing the icing again trying to get it at the right consistency. Dipping her finger into it she tried it and was most satisfied. Placing it aside she turned around and turned down the burners that were still up high. She needed the food to stay warm but not continue to cook until everyone arrived.

“Cadenza.” It was a whisper that made her jump around, only to be in shock at who was standing right in front of her.

“D-Damian?” She didn’t believe it, he was standing right there in front of her. But he looked different, he was paler, but somehow looked more handsome than ever.

“You just thought that you could move away and I wouldn’t come looking for you?” He was different, even his eyes. They were almost glowing as he stood there looking at her. Looking at him sent a terrifying chill down her spine. Blinking and swallowing the lump that had formed in her throat when she opened her eyes back up he was no longer in front of her. Maybe it was just a hallucination? No, she felt his cold almost seemingly dead hands on her neck.

He was behind her, but how had that happened?

“W-what are you doing here?” She found herself asked as he swept her hair to the side, exposing her neck.

“You’ve found a new boy toy I see,” He stated touching the spot where she guessed the passion mark was from Carlisle. “I told you that nobody left Damian Trent.” He nearly whispered as he pulled her body into him.

“I did,” She stated as she felt a sharp object on her neck. “You were cheating on me.” Damian applied more pressure to knife he had pressed to her neck. He wanted to bite her, to sink his teeth into her jugular but he knew that wouldn’t be a wise idea for when he left her for dead.

“Yes, a mistake on your part, one that I might be able to let slide if you come back with me.” Damian stated as Enza felt herself snort. As much as she’d loved him, she no longer felt in love with him.

“Are you going to kill me if I don’t?” Enza asked as she felt a stinging sensation under her eye. The warmness of tears slid down her cheek, she corrected herself, the warmness of blood slid down her cheek. He’d cut her, he’d actually cut her. He was going to kill her regardless, there was no compassion with this man. He was different now, and in more than one way.

“Cadenza, I love you, but I can smell another all over you.” She wanted to scream, she might have even done so but she wasn’t sure. All she knew was that he’d just cut her throat and she felt the warmness of her own blood just oozing down her neck and shoulder.

She wasn’t sure if she was imaging the feel of his mouth on her neck, drinking here blood but she felt dizzy with the amount of blood she’d already lost. It felt like a dream as she felt herself limp in his arms. He was saying things to her but she could hear them. Damian was enjoying this, she could tell that much because he wasn’t as angry had he’d first been when he’d arrived.

She felt the warm sensation on her shoulders no longer as she hoped her neck had stopped bleeding. Or maybe it was because she was slowly starting to lose consciousness, Enza couldn’t be sure. What she was sure of was that Damian was different, changed in a way she couldn’t or didn’t want to comprehend as he fed off her neck.

“DROP HER.” Enza found herself blinking back the spots that were in her vision as she looked towards the entry way of her kitchen. Leah was standing there with Seth as she looked down at Enza and then back up at him.

“And just what are you going to do if I don’t?” Damian asked taking himself from Enza’s neck where he’d been feeding. Enza heard Leah say something but couldn’t comprehend it as her body began to shake rather violently. Enza heard Damian laugh as he watched Leah. Enza felt herself losing to the darkness that loomed over her but she didn’t give in until she watched as Leah lunged in her direction only to become a large wolf as she attacked Damian.


“It was Damian.” Enza whispered before she drifted off to sleep from the exhaustion she was feeling after remembering what had happened.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry that it took so long, college is kicking my ass and taking names! haha anyways, commenting is such a nice thing to do, it let's us know that you are enjoying our writing. Also it makes you sexy! ;)

Comment & Subscribe

Image