Wild Things.

A Note From The Past

The wind twirled Jack’s hair as she drove down the road with no destiny. She didn’t allow herself to think about anything besides the road beneath the tires and the soothing roar of the engine. But her mind didn’t obey her commands. The words she had read popped on her mind and tears started to threat falling from her eyes.

The thought of the letter being tugged inside a book that had been on her nightstand on the past weeks revolted her. It was almost like fate had been mocking her. It was like a monster had been waiting below her bed for the right moment to attack. And it had succeeded. The words that had been scribbled on the paper had destroyed almost all the happiness she had achieved in Forks.

Ryan’s words were replayed on her mind: “You know that whatever you are running from may come back later to haunt you”. A bitter laugh automatically escaped her lips. If he only knew how accurate and prophetical his words had been when he spoke them. How those words made her world crumble once again.

She was feeling far more devastated than when she caught Elliott with another girl. That pain was almost nothing compared with this. Because the words where right. He was right, he was always right.

The words came back to her mind and this time Jack couldn’t fight against it. Feeling helpless, tears feel from her eyes, blurring the road ahead of her.

“Dear Jacqueline,

You can’t imagine how being apart from you causes me pain. I can’t accept that our last encounter was goodbye. I refuse to accept it! But nevertheless, I will give you time to rearrange your thoughts.

I’m sure that you will realize that what you’ve witnessed on my office meant nothing. That she is nothing in comparison to you and that I love you. You can’t doubt the love I feel for you! You can’t forget the moments we’ve spent together.

Today I received the news that you and your cousin will move to Washington… I tried to call you to inquire if it was true or a scandalous lie. But your refusal to answer my phone calls and all my other approaches to you confirmed it. My heart can’t accept it.

Am I the culprit Jackie? Am I the one to blame for this? Is it because of knowledge of my distractions? I’ve told you that they mean nothing to me, nothing! You are all that I need!

I tried to explain it to you but you ran. So, I will explain now because you can’t run from this. I get bored Jackie. And if I sought you more than I already did, people would get suspicious. I didn’t want them to end our relation. I would be able to bear it. That’s why I needed distractions… It wasn’t because I didn’t love you because I do. I do love you Jackie.

I know you will come to your senses and soon we will be reunited. You belong by my side and never forget that I have a part of you that no one will ever will. I was the first man in your life; the first man you have open your heart to and the one to whom you gave your innocence.

Don’t let what you’ve witness erase that from your mind. You will always be mine Jackie, always!

With love,
Elliott Walker.”


Jack knew he wasn’t right when he tried to blame her for his unforgivable behaviors. But even so, even with all the torment he caused her, she knew that he had a part of her that no one would ever own. He still owned her heart and that cause all sorts of hateful and resentful feelings to roam through her veins.

“I wish I could hate him,” Jack whispers slowly between her loud sobs.

Jack hated feeling thorn apart because of him. She hated, no, she loathed the fact that he had the power to put her in such condition. All the promises she had made rushed to her mind. How she had said that she would never allow a man to hurt her like Elliott had. How she would never do anything to be in that position again. How nothing that Elliott did or said would hurt her.

Every single one of those promises seemed naïve to her. She should have known that he still had the power to harm her. She should have known that a few months away from him wouldn’t be enough to make her forget all their moments. All the times he read to her, all the times he kissed her, all of his caresses…

Jack was thinking about the first night that she had spent with him when saw something, large figures, crossing the road. Her vision was blurred due the tears that stubbornly felt from her face and her reflexes that had never been the best, so she hit something.

It happened quickly. She was gripping tightly against the brake but it was helpless. She hit whatever was crossing the road and soon her body was projected. She collided onto the road and pieces of tar pieced her skin.

“Oh my fucking god... Jack? Jack?! Say something Jack.”

The first thing that crossed her mind was how the person knew her name. Jack was also pretty sure that the figure, the large figure, she had seen wasn’t a man… What did she hit?

She could feel something hot against her forehead and arms. She could also hear a few growls and that made her wonder is she was hallucinating.

“Jack. Please say something, anything…”

She tried to focus on the voice to forget the pain of her body. She was afraid of opening her lips because she was pretty sure she would scream of agony.

She slowly opens her eyes trying to see who was speaking with her. She was sure that she knew the voice but the pain, especially the pain on her ribs, clouded her thoughts. Her vision was still blurry so she blinks several times trying to clear it.

Today isn’t my day, Jack automatically thinks when her eyes focus on Paul’s face.

“Jack,” Paul mumbles with a panicked expression. He gently caresses her hair and a small smile appears on his lips when he notices that her eyes were wide open. “Say something… I don’t care what it is… Even if you say that you hate me… I just need to hear your voice right now...”

She wanted to slap his hand of her but she was scared to move. She also wanted to scream at him, she wanted to tell him to stop touching her. She wanted to demand an explanation.

Soon all those thoughts vanished from her mind when she realized two things. First off, that huge, really huge, wolves where around them. The kind of wolves you expect to see on a horror movie and they were on the road with her…

She screamed, she screamed as loud as her lungs allowed her with fear. Her already terrible day was getting worse by the second… And if having an accident wasn’t bad enough now she would serve as a snack for the four wolves that watched her and Paul attentively.

“Fuck. What’s happening? Is the pain getting worse? Tell me what’s wrong Jack,” Paul demands as his panic increased. “Where is it hurting? How can I take you to the hospital in this condition? Fuck!”

The second realization was that Paul was butt naked. He was in all of his naked glory next to her. She could see all everything, every little thing, like the freckle he had on his right tight. She decides do deal with that later. After all his nakedness was less important that the wolves observing them.

“Paul…” Jack’s voice came out rough and had a hysterical tune to it. “Paul, there are wolves… There are wolves on the road!” She says fighting the urge to scream again.

“Wolves? You’re screaming because of them?” Paul asks as his expression starts to soften. He even smiled at her words.

“Paul this isn’t the time for you being an idiot. There are huge fat wolves on the road and I think we are on the menu…” She says sternly but Paul simply laughed ignoring all of her words. When one of the wolves growls and she screams with panic. “Oh my god, the wolf is coming.”

“Jared,” Paul utters looking to the wolf that was showing the tip of his teeth. “I’m sure she didn’t mean to call you fat… So stop that because you’re frightening her…”

“Jared?” Jack blinks her eyes looking in Paul’s direction, trying to comprehend what was going on. “Why the fuck are you calling him Jared?”

“Because it’s Jared,” He responds with a loving smile. “The guy that you met on Sam’s house… The one that dates Kim? You remember him, don’t you? He’ll be really offended if you called him fat without remembering him.”

“You’ve hit your head somewhere? That isn’t Jared that is a wolf. A wolf that will eat us if we don’t do something really quickly!” Jack speaks as loud as her throat allowed her trying to make Paul realize the danger they were facing.

“I’d ask him to shift but he’ll be naked. I don’t want his hairy ass to blind you,” Paul comments with a smile making the wolf growl and one of the other wolves, the black one, make some barking sounds. “If I turn into a wolf will you stop worrying about this and tell me how badly you’re hurt?”

“Are you on drugs? People can’t turn into wolves. It’s against the laws of nature Paul!” Jack states angrily. Paul’s conversation was insane and she had no time for his silliness. She had to figure a way of getting out of the road alive.

“I’ll prove you wrong.” Paul smirks and kisses her forehead. Jack automatically closes her eyes when he gets up, she didn’t want to see more details of his body.

She remains with her eyes closed decided that Paul would give up and return to her side… Well, if he wasn’t eaten by one of the wolves first. But thankfully she didn’t hear any kind of noises, nothing pointed to his death. And if he was being eaten, the wolves where doing it really quietly… The only thing she heard was a plop and that isn’t a sound a wolf or a human would make…

She’s pulled from her thoughts when she feels something humid against her cheek. Something that left a trail of liquid plastered on her face. She slowly opens her right eye to see what was happening. She instantly regretted it when she saw a grey would above her.

“Paul! Oh my god. Paul!” Jack yells trying to move. “Nice doggie,” she mumbles making the wolf lick her face once again. She stares into the wolf’s eyes trying to decipher what it was trying to achieve when she noticed that his eyes where brown. The exact shade of brown that Paul’s eyes had. “Paul? This isn’t possible…” Her head started to feel light and her vision began to fade. “I’m going to faint…” she whispers.

The wolves started to growl and make other noises that she was unable to classify. For the second time on that day her world had been turned upside down.

Her mind reasoned with her. People weren’t able to transform into wolves, or anything else for the matter. She probably fell off the bike and hit her head somewhere and was now hallucinating from the blood loss.

“That doesn’t make me feel better,” she whispers with her eyes close. “I can’t believe that I’m dying… Man, I’m going to haunt Embry and Quil because they didn’t taught me properly… Oh yes, I’ll ruin all their sexual escapades… They’ll regret not teaching me properly!”

“Jack,” Paul shouts once he shifts back into his human form. “You aren’t making any sense.”

“You have a freckle on your left tight. It looks like a heart,” Jack states and giggles. She makes a serious expression and presses her finger against his face. “Why are you on my hallucination with a heart shaped freckle? I’m gonna haunt you too!”

“Jack please stop saying those random things. I don’t understand what’s happening Sam,” Paul says with an alarmed expression looking to the black wolf. “I can’t smell blood… Do you think she is bleeding internally?” The black wolf walks slowly to Jack to observer her better.

“You know, I like wolves. They can eat everyone and get away with it. If I was a wolf I’d eat Elliott,” Jack mumbles with a smile.

“Should I pull her t-shirt up?” Paul asks Sam when he starts to move his head up and down above her stomach. “Jack I’m going to pull your t-shirt up for a second, okay? So Sam and I can have a look…”

“Why wolves? My mind could have chosen anything… Like unicorns… I loved unicorns when I was a child. Did you like unicorns too Paul?” Jack rants ignoring Paul.

“Nah. I liked dragons better,” Paul replies. At least she was talking and that was a good sign even if she made no sense… He slowly moves his hands to her torso and gently pulls her t-shirt. The area around her stomach was red and was slewing but nothing seemed out of the ordinary. But then again, he wasn’t a doctor. “Dragons could burn people and I thought that was pretty cool.”

“True. Unicorns can only poke people with their horns… Unicorns suck, don’t they? Why is the wolf going? Don’t go,” Jack whines when Jared starts to run in La Push direction.

“He’ll be back in a moment,” Paul says with a small smile petting her hair. “Now tell me something else.”

“I don’t want the wolf to go. Why isn’t my hallucination responding to my wishes?” Tears start falling from her eyes and Paul gently cleans them.

“What else did you like? Did you like mermaids?” He asks trying to make her forget about Jared.

“I did. My father painted a mermaid in my room when I was little,” Jack shares with a small smile.

“Was he any good?”

“Yes, he was. He also painted an octopus because I liked them… I miss him Paul…” She mumbles as the tears start falling again. “He wouldn’t be proud of me.”

“Of course he would,” Paul says with conviction. He knew that Jack had lost her parents, Jake had told him that already, but he couldn’t understand why she said her father wouldn’t be proud… “You’re a bright woman love.”

“I’m not. I’ve made a mistake… I’ve--” Jack was about to tell Paul, how she firmly believed was a hallucination, that she had slept with Elliott but the noise of a car stopped her. “A car? Do you think a mermaid with get out of it?”

“Mermaids need water. They couldn’t be here,” Paul states looking the place where the noise was coming from. The wolves didn’t move so it meant it was someone Sam had asked to come.

“This is my hallucination so mermaids survive on earth,” Jack whispers with her eyes narrowed. “I want it to be a mermaid or a… a… ninja turtle! I liked Donatello… Ah! It has to be Donatello.” She adds as the car stops. Inside were Embry, Seth and Jared.

“Jared told me she got into an accident… What were you doing here Jack?” Embry asks with preoccupation walking in her direction.

“Brought you clothes,” Jared announces making Paul get up and walk to him.

“You’re here Embry,” Jack exclaims with a smile. “Did you know that unicorns suck and that Paul has a heart shaped freckle on his leg?”

“Hum?” Embry blinks twice trying to comprehend what she had just said.

“She is in shock… We don’t know the extension of her injuries,” Paul tells while get shoves his body inside the clothes.

“Jack you need to snap out of this,” Embry says with a serious expression holding her hand. “Enza is in the hospital…”

“Enza? This is the worst hallucination ever…” Jack grumbles.

“This isn’t a hallucination. Jack this is serious, you need to snap out so we can take you to the hospital!” Embry tells her with a sterner tone of voice.

“This has to be a hallucination because people turn into wolves. In reality no one can do that,” Jack says defensively.

“This is the reality. And yes we can turn into wolves now snap out!”

“Don’t speak with her like that,” Paul groans loudly and punches Embry’s arm. “She is in shock which is pretty normal. She just discovered the truth!”

“Jack if this was a hallucination why would Enza be on the hospital? Why would Enza be hurt?” Embry mumbles after a sigh, caressing the spot where Paul had hit him.

“I’m not imagining this?” Her voice was barely above a whisper. Embry nods his head affirmatively as a response. “You’re a wolf?” He nods his head again. “Why didn’t you tell me?”

“I couldn’t,” Embry mumbles glancing in Sam’s direction. “But now you know--”

“Where is it hurting?” Paul interrupts Embry as he walks to Jack.

“My ribs,” She moves her left hand slowly and touches her right arm. “My arm right arm and my legs hurt too.”

“You should be wearing a coat,” Seth says sternly approaching them. “Your arms are scratched…”

“Oh Jack.” Embry sighs loudly.

“We should call Carlisle,” Paul announces sitting next to Jack that groaned.

“You should be nice to him,” Jared says gently looking to Jack that had her eyes narrowed in Paul’s direction. “He was panicking when he noticed it was you… He didn’t even care about you colliding against him…”

“I hit you?” Jack asks with a softer expression looking to him.

“I’m fine Jack,” Paul answers her with a smile. “We wolves heal pretty fast… Anyway, we should call Carlisle.”

“I’m sorry Paul,” Jack mumbles closing her eyes.

“Wow, she said she was sorry. I’ll call Carlisle immediately,” Seth says with a small smirk walking to the car.

“Shouldn’t they leave the road? Someone might come--”

“We are worried,” Jared states shrugging his shoulders and Sam barks right after his words.

“I’ll take care of her,” Paul says with a serious expression. “You should go catch the leech.”

“The leech?” Jack repeats unaware of what he meant.

“It’s long gone… You know that,” Jared says after a tired sigh.

“Maybe it will come back? Leah said she almost had him… It might be hurt,” Paul utters stubbornly.

“Tell me what the hell is going on!” Jack demands.

“Vampires are real too,” Embry simply says. He notices that Jack was about to speak so he decided to interrupt her. “And Leah is a wolf too. The Cullen’s are vampires… A different kind of vampire thought…”

“Carlisle is a vampire? He can’t be! Enza wants to bite his ass… She’s with him!” Jack words leave her lips in a hurry due the panic she was feeling.

“They’re different… They don’t drink human blood,” Paul says reassuringly caressing her left hand. “She is in good hands, don’t worry.” He gently squeezes her hand with a smile on his lips.

“Is it true Embry?” Embry simply nods. “Still… Wait… Why is Enza in the hospital?”

“The leech we were chasing attacked her,” Jared answers.

“It had been circling your house ever since you came back from Italy. We didn’t know who he was trying to get… We assumed it was you and Enza…” Embry adds tiredly.

“I’m so glad you weren’t in the house,” Paul says squeezing her hand again.

“How can you say that? The vampire hurt Enza… Maybe if I was there I could have done something!”

“Jack… Vampires are nothing like you see in the movies… A human has no chance against them…” Embry states trying to calm Jack that was twitching her body on the ground. “Stay still till Seth comes back.”

“Help me get up. We need to go to the hospital right away,” Jack says ignoring Embry. “I need to see Enza. I need to see if she’s fine. I can’t lose her,” she mumbles as tears start falling from her eyes. “I can’t lose Enza.”

“Enza is fine. Leah is with her and she is with Carlisle. If the vampire comes back they’ll kill him… Calm down Jack,” Paul pleads pressing his hands gently against her shoulders.

“He’s right Jack, you need to calm down. Everything--”

“Carlisle said that we shouldn’t move her till we made sure she wasn’t bleeding internally,” Seth says interrupting Embry. “He told me that we should touch her stomach gently to see it had liquid. We should also check for bruises and broken bones.”

“Okay. Embry you do it,” Paul says looking to Embry that had his mouth slightly opened with surprised. He didn’t expect to hear those words. “I’m too nervous and I might lose control,” Paul explains. “Stay still Jack.”

“If I hurt you tell me at once,” Embry mumbles pulling her t-shirt up.

Before actually touching her stomach, Embry analyzes her skin. Some parts where red and others were starting to darken. Her ribcage would be completely bruised by the end of the day. He gently touches the area, trying to apply just enough pressure to feel what was underneath. He sighs contently when he doesn’t feel anything abnormal.

He moves his attention to her right arm that was the one that was more damaged. She had protected her face with it. Pieces of oil tar were stuck on her arm, and the lower section had a massive scratch. He was about to touch it when he realized that he had no secure way of telling if it was broken or not.

“I can’t tell when bones are broken,” he confides looking to Paul.

“We should look for some sticks and place them around them then,” Paul mumbles. “Maybe there are some in the forest.” The black wolf walks to Jared and gently pushes him in the direction of the woods. “Thanks Sam.”

“Meanwhile.” Jack looks to Embry. “What else is real? Fairies? Mermaids? Wizards?”

“We never encountered any of that,” Embry replies with a small smile.

“I’m thirsty,” Jack announces suddenly. Seth automatically runs to the car and some moments after he emerges with a bottle of water.

“Here,” Seth says handing the bottle to Paul.

“I’m the one thirsty… Not him,” Jack protests.

“You can’t move Jack. He gave it to me so I can help you,” Paul mumbles as places the open bottle gently against her lips. “Let’s do this slowly.” He allowed a tiny amount of water to fall to her mouth. Once she swallowed he did everything again.

“Thanks.”

“You’re welcome,” Paul says with a loving smile. “They’re taking too long aren’t they?”

“They are taking the time they need,” Embry tells him calmly. “They need to find small sticks and that might take a while.”

“So who are they? They aren’t Jake or Quil because they are too quiet. Leah is with Enza… Do I know them?” Jack asks interrupting them.

“They have a couple of classes with us,” Embry speaks looking to them. “I don’t think you have spoken with them though.” One of the wolves shakes his head and moves his tongue outside of his mouth.

“What’s he doing?”

“I think he’s trying to be funny. If you really want to know I can shift,” Paul offers immediately.

“Why would I want that?” Jack asks raising her eyebrow.

“Because that way I’d be able to tell you what he’s trying to do,” Paul explains.

“Hum?”

“He’s trying to say that we can read our pack’s mind when we are in our wolf form,” Seth tells her with a smile.

“Oh. I don’t know if I’d like that,” Jack mumbles quietly. “I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t like that.”

“We get used to it after a while.” Embry shrugs his shoulders.

“I don’t think I’d ever get used to that.”

“Do you think that this is enough?” Jared asks emerging from the forest with several pieces of wood. Some of them seemed they had been chewed.

Paul and Embry start discussing how they should do everything. While they placed the sticks, that were a bit too large, around Jack’s legs and right arm, Seth shred his t-shirt into stripes.

They gently lifted her arm to pass the strip of fabric beneath it to secure her arm. They repeated the procedure on her legs.

“I feel like a dummy,” Jack comments when they finish doing it to her right arm. “It’s uncomfortable.”

“We’ll take you to Carlisle right away. Seth, could you warn him that we’re going to the hospital now? Maybe he could meet us in the parking lot…” Paul mumbles looking to Seth that simply nodded.

“Jared and I will lift her and place her on your arms. Be careful,” Embry says as she picked Jack’s torso.

“Really? And here I was planning to drop her as soon as she touched my arms,” Paul mumbles with a mocking tone. “Of course I’m going to be careful, you moron!”

“Let’s get on with this,” Jack utters grumpily. “I want to see Enza and get these damned sticks out of me.”

“Not in that order I presume,” Jared says with a grin.

With caution they were able to place Jack inside Embry’s car. Paul was on the back seat, supporting her head while Seth was in the front.

Jack prevents them to leave the road till Jared promised to take care of her bike. Once he promised several times that no harm would be done to her bike they bid their goodbyes and go to the hospital.

During the ride Jack questioned them about the vampire that had hurt Enza. They told her all they knew, what wasn’t much… They knew it was a male that seemed to have some sort of ability to evade them. That only led to more question. In the end they explained everything as they could. They told her how they patrolled, that there existed two packs and that some of the Cullen’s had special abilities.

“Hum… So thus you saying he has a special ability… Because he can contour Alice’s ability?” Jack asks Embry that tiredly sighs.

“Yes Jack. Can you leave the questions for later? Soon we’ll be in the hospital and I don’t want anyone overhearing us,” Embry says making Jack mumble under her breath profanities.

“But I’m curious,” She whines.

“You know most of it,” Seth informs her with a small smile.

“What don’t I know?” Her question made both of the teenagers look to Paul that gently shook his head.

“Nothing much. We’ll tell you later, okay?” When Embry reaches the parking lot he breaths in relieve. “There’s Carlisle…”

While Carlisle examined Jack, she asked him about Enza condition forcing him to enter a great deal of details. Since she didn’t understand most of the medical terms he used, she made him explain everything in a way that she could understand the gravity of the situation.

“I can’t tell you more Jacqueline,” Carlisle mumbles while he examined her left leg. “She lost a great amount of blood… Her memory is improving I believe that once we reach her room she will be able to give us more information.”

“So we can kill the fucker who did it, right?” Jack says calmly surprising Carlisle.

“Even if… I hate harming a living being… Yes, we will make him pay,” Carlisle states making Jack smile.

“Good. I have a question Carlisle,” Jack says with a devious smile.

“If I can answer.”

“Isn’t it considered pedophilia what you’re doing with Enza? I mean, sure she’s an adult but from what they told me you are as old as dust.” Carlisle immediately looks to Jack’s face making her laugh loudly, which ended with her coughing.

“She’s joking,” Embry announces containing his laughs. “Her insanity has increased once she discovered what we were… You don’t happen to have something to fix her brain, do you Carlisle?”

“My brain is just fine,” Jack groans. “And can you hurry? I want to see Enza,” Jack tells Carlisle.

“I’m just finishing.”

“How bad is she hurt?” Paul asks immediately.

“Why are still you here?” Jack asks narrowing her eyes to him.

“Oh be nice Jack. He helped you,” Seth speaks lightly making her sigh. “You should give him a chance of being your friend. If it doesn’t work I will take the blame for it.”

“You’re too nice--”

“There is no internal bleeding and her lungs are perfectly fine,” Carlisle says interrupting Jack. “The area around the ribs will bruise but it isn’t broken. Her arm is though and her right leg is twisted.”

“How long it will take her to recover?” Paul inquires with a worried expression.

“Let’s just cast the arm and do whatever you have to do to the legs so we can see Enza,” Jack utters ignoring Paul’s words. “We’ll worry about the rest later…”

~*~

“Enza?” Jack whispers entering Enza’s room. Embry was by her side helping her walk.

“She’s sleeping,” Edward announces.

“The closes eyes gave it away,” Jack mumbles grumpily.

“Jack, be nice,” Embry scolds her.

“I’m sorry Edward,” Jack says after a sigh. “I get like this when I’m worried. I’m sure you can understand it.”

“She knows?” Renesmee asks looking to Jack.

“Yes. And yes Jack. Her memory has returned. Damian is the one to blame of her condition.” Jack stares into Edward’s face trying to comprehend while many questions assaulted her. “I don’t know how he ended up being turned…”

“Embry take me outside. I need to vent and it’s going to be loud and I don’t want to wake up Enza.” Once she reaches the door she looks to Edward. “Thanks”

“How is Enza?” Leah asks once they reach the hall. She was pacing back and forth worriedly.

“She’s sleeping,” Embry tells her.

“Oh that guy! The nerve he has. I want him shred to pieces!” Jack rants moving her left hand up and down in the air. “Tiny pieces, really tiny… dust size. Yes, dust size.”

“What’s wrong Jack?” Paul gets up of the chair and walks to her.

“I want to poke his eyes!”

“Damian… The vampire,” Embry whispers looking to Paul. That caught Leah’s attention and she stopped walking to hear what he was about to say. “Was Enza’s ex… Jack is angry.”

“I’m not angry,” Jack says defensively. “I’m murderous. I want to feed his eyes to the birds!”

“Your threats are getting weirder,” Seth states with a tiny smile.

“I’ll get him Jack,” Leah promises with a solemn expression. “I almost had him but he got away,” Leah mumbles clenching her fists.

“Thank you Leah,” Jack mumbles softly. “Thank you for saving Enza.”

“I just wish I had gotten there earlier…” Leah confesses softly.

“You did what you could and that’s more than anyone, even yourself, can ask for,” Jack speaks with a small reassuring smile.

“I think she’s afraid of me…” Leah mumbles tiredly.

“Oh?”

“We best not speak about this till she recovers, okay Jack?” Leah asks looking to Jack that simply nodded.

“She will recover fast. I’m sure,” Paul says with confidence.

“Hum, for an idiot you say nice things,” Jack mumbles making Embry and Seth laugh. A small smile appeared on Leah’s lips and she kissed Jack’s forehead.

“Seth never told me who you ran over…” Leah walks to a chair and sits.

“It was Paul,” Embry tells Leah with an amused expression.

“It wasn’t on purpose.”

“She was a bit delirious when we got there,” Embry shares. “She thought she was hallucinating.”

“She wanted to see mermaids and ninja turtles,” Paul adds with a small smile. “It was cute.”

“Stop embarrassing me,” Jack says sternly while Leah laughed. “It isn’t funny--”

“She’s awake,” Edward announces getting out of the room.

“Enza!” Jack says once she’s inside of the room. “I’m so glad you’re fine!”

“Cosa ti è accaduto?” Enza mumbles with a worried expression looking to Jack.

“I fell of the bike because a deer was crossing the road,” Jack mumbles quietly. “Don’t worry about me. I’m fine.”

“Cervo? Sono dappertutto, sembra...”

“The deer is fine too. I bet he’s in the forest annoying the crap out of someone,” Jack grumbles making Embry laugh lightly. “Anyway… How about you? How are you feeling?”

“I’m improving,” Enza says with caution. “I’m hungry… Can you bring me something to eat Embry?”

“Of course,” he promptly says. He helps Jack sitting and squeezes her hand lightly. “Do you want something too?”

“Water would be fine,” Jack says. Once Embry gets out of the room she looks to Enza and smiles. “Why did you want to get rid of him?”

“I didn’t,” Enza whispers with a faint blush. “It was Damian,” She says changing the subject.

“That bastard!” Jack groans.

“Something was wrong though… He was different… and cold. His hands were so cold Jack. Come se aveva messo nel congelatore.”

“Really?” Jack mumbles awkwardly.

“Do you think I was hallucinating from the blood loss?” Enza asks with a confused expression.

“I believe you,” Jack said with honesty making Enza sigh contently.

“So many weird things happened. Credo che beveva il mio sangue. He has turned into a sick person… I also saw something else,” she whispers. “I think I’m losing my mind.”

“Do you want to tell me?” Jack asks sweetly.

“Leah… She turned into something.”

“And?”

“That isn’t possible,” Enza states.

“Even if she is the Easter bunny it’s Leah. And Leah is that charming person that likes to tease you--” Jack rants.

“That’s why I feel so odd about this… “ Enza says interrupting Jack.

“I brought you soup and water,” Embry says opening the room. “I wanted to bring more but Carlisle forbade me.”

“Thank you Embry,” Enza simply says.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback would be much appreciated :3

Image