Wild Things.

Spending Time with Mythological Creatures

“I’m going home. Could you tell me tomorrow what happened with Enza and Carlisle?” Leah stops walking and faces Jack.

“Of course,” Jack replies with a small smile. “Things will improve Leah.”

“Thank you Jack.” Leah kisses the top of Jack’s head and begins to walk to her home.

“Leah,” Seth calls her making her stop walking again. “Why don’t you come with us? You could see Jack making fun of Paul…”

“I don’t make fun of him,” Jack says defensively with a small smile on her lips. “I ask questions of the upmost importance.”

“Sure,” Embry mumbles rolling his eyes. “Asking him if he ever chases his tail is a question of the upmost importance.”

“We are wolves, not dogs Jack,” Leah says almost scolding Jack with a small, amused, smile on her lips.

“Oh she knows,” Seth laughs loudly. “How did she tell him?”

“It’s that I doubt you IQ, surely you’ve had the urge of chasing your tail!” Embry mimics Jack voice making her hit him automatically.

“I didn’t say it like that,” Jack mumbles with a small smirk on her lips. “Either way, I have something new to ask him,” she announces with a proud expression.

“I’m scared already,” Embry says with a grin. “Will you come, Leah?”

“Thank you for the invitation but no. I feel tired,” Leah says shortly and walks away making Seth sigh. They stroll to the beach, where the rest of the pack was, and Jack questions Seth about Leah.

“How is she holding up?”

“She’s been terrible. She misses Enza, you know? These days have been hard on her… She questions everything she did--”

“She did what she had to do,” Jack utters interrupting Seth. “It isn’t Leah’s fault… It’s Damian’s. How I wish I could do something to him.” Jack sighs and nibbles her bottom lip. “He ruined everything. Enza is a mess, Leah is a mess and my best friends howl at the moonlight,” She adds with a small smirk.

“Knowing that can’t be bad,” Seth interjects. “The part of us being wolves, I mean.”

“And we do not howl at the moon,” Embry says defensively narrowing his eyes slightly at her choice of words.

“It isn’t bad. It just changed everything… I never imagined that shifters and vampires existed, let alone that my best friends were wolves. It isn’t like I didn’t have signs that something was off… If you guys smelled dog-ish--”

“You’re ranting,” Embry says interrupting Jack. “And we shower! We would never smell like dogs.” He mumbles with a pink blush on his cheeks. “We also brush our teeth--”

“You’re the one ranting now.” Jack smirks and caresses his arm. “I still love you even if you’re a furry, giant wolf. And I don’t doubt your hygiene…”

“Aren’t you charming,” Embry mumbles with a smile. “With those words is impossible not to love you back, you know?”

“Oh shut up.” Jack playfully hits his arm. “I know you love me.”

“I do.”

The past two weeks had been strange for Jack.

Knowing that Embry and the rest of her friends were wolves hadn’t been hard to accept. This didn’t mean that she didn’t found everything odd but with the proofs they gave her, she had no other option but to accept it. During the first week she considered that everything had been a strange dream. When she woke up she often thought that everything was normal again. But then she saw Enza’s wound, she heard their friends speaking about the leads about the vampire that made the illusion of everything being a simple dream vanish…

Jack had also been forced to spend a lot of time with Paul. Jake was the one that often compelled her to be nice to him, without providing many explanations on the matter. Seth also backed him up. They claimed that since he was the one that helped her she had to be at least civil. But Jack couldn’t help but to wonder if that was the real reason for their request. Nevertheless, she tried to be civil and that had been enough to make Paul smile everyday which annoyed Jack…

But the worse of the past weeks had been Enza’s state. Enza had entered a routine, an unhealthy routine, and had secluded herself from the world. She was almost like a shadow of her former self. The loud dinners on their house had ceased, she rarely left the house apart from going to school to teach and the glint on her eyes had vanished. Jack feared that she had lost Enza. Enza had survived the attack physically, but psychologically she was a mess. Jack hopped that Carlisle could help her come to terms with everything.

“You’re quiet,” Seth states poking Jack’s cheek.

“I was thinking,” Jack mumbles quietly looking to the ground. “I hope that Carlisle can help her…”

“He will Jack. Enza will be better tomorrow, you’ll see…” Embry says reassuringly patting her back. “Now I believe that you have some questions of the ‘upmost importance’ to ask Paul.” Embry does the air quotes with his fingers provoking a smile in Jack’s face. “He’s over there.”

“Before that… Where are Jake and Quil?” Jack asks looking to all directions.

“They are patrolling… They’ll be here in an hour,” Seth explains and gently pushes her into Paul’s direction. “I want to see what you came up with today.”

“Okay. And they better be here in one hour or I swear that vampires will be the least of their problems…” Jack mumbles walking to Paul that was speaking with Jared. Once he heard Jack’s voice he looked to her direction with a smile.

“Hey.” Paul automatically walks to Jack making her narrow her eyes slightly. “Is Enza any better?” he asks with genuine interest which made Jack’s expression soften.

“She refuses to accept the truth,” Jack tells him and sighs tiredly. “Anyway I have a question.”

“Oh. This I have to hear,” Jared mumbles with a smile taking a step to the front pulling Kim with him.

“I’ve watched Balto the other day,” Jack tells him lightly with a innocent smile on her lips.

“Your dog?” Paul asks coking an eyebrow.

“Something wrong will leave her lips soon,” Seth mumbles with a grin.

“Oh, shut up.” Jack narrows her eyes to Seth. She moves her attention to Paul that held a serious expression on his face, waiting for her to continue. “As I said, I watched Balto the other day… And he was, hum, what’s the best way to put it?” Jack mumbles taping her chin lightly with her index. “He was licking his intimate doggy parts…”

“Why are you bringing this up?” Paul asks with a horrified expression while the others laughed.

“I swear that I have the most pure intentions speaking about this with you, Paul,” Jack declares placing her left hand over her chest. “I’m hurt that you think otherwise. I only asked you since, you know… You are the most, hum, experimental or pervert--” She adds smiling at her choice of words.

“Jack!” Paul growls interrupting her little rant.

“I just wanted to know how I can stop him from doing it. He’s an adorable pup but I don’t want to watch him licking himself off…”

“You’re awesome,” Jared says between laughs making Jack do a little curtsy.

“Beg to differ,” Paul mumbles narrowing his eyes slightly to Jack. Once she smiled all his annoyance disappeared and he forgot all about her making him feel uncomfortable.

“You still have to make it up to me,” Jack announces with a smile. “I’m not over the fact that you crossed the road and I had an accident. This is your damn fault,” she adds moving the cast in front of his face.

“I’m sorry Jack,” Paul pleads with a frown. “I didn’t mean to hurt you. I swear I didn’t!”

“She was the one that ran him over… Why is he apologizing?”One of Sam’s pack members asks with a smirk.

“He’s whopped, that’s why,” Seth whispers with a grin watching Jack argue with Paul.

“When do you think he’ll tell her?” Jared asks joining their conversation.

“We’ll wait if he wants to continue living,” Embry mutters with a smile. “I’m pretty sure she would lose her mind and end up stabbing him repeatedly.”

“I think they make a good couple,” Kim mumbles with a faint blush on her cheeks.

“I’m pretty sure you’ve witnessed their interactions…” Embry declares after a sigh. “When she isn’t insulting him, she’s embarrassing him…”

“True but the other day she seemed upset when he took longer than usually to bring her the tray,” Kim states with a hopeful tone of voice.

“She was hungry. If I recall it correctly she ignored him afterwards. Beside’s I’m pretty sure that the best part of her day is bossing Paul around,” Seth explains with a wide smile.

“I don’t know how she didn’t make him do her laundry yet,” Embry adds and laughs loudly. “I can picture it.”

“What can you picture?” Jack asks looking to Embry that blushed five different shades of red. “Dirty things?” She mumbles wiggling her eyebrows.

“Take your mind out of the gutter Jack,” Embry says sternly making everyone laugh at his embarrassment.

“That’s funny,” Jack mumbles placing a hand on her hip. “Why am I the one that has to take the mind of the gutter if you’re the one blushing like a creep for something that crossed your mind? It couldn’t be an innocent thought if you blushed like that.” She point to him accusatorily.

“Let’s just drop this,” Seth says once he stops laughing. “Embry’s face will soon explode.”

“Serves him good for being a pervert.”

“I’m not!” Embry yells covering his face with his hands. Jack simply smirk in response making Embry sigh loudly.

“Anyway, I’m hungry. Since you finally got here we can eat,” Jared declares walking to the small fire with his hands linked with Kim’s.

“I could eat,” Seth mumbles with a smile following him.

“You just ate,” Jack states raising an eyebrow. When Seth shrugs in response she groans loudly.

Spending time with them was easy for Jack and that sometimes made her question her sanity. She knew that Enza’s lack of acceptance was the most normal approach to the situation they were living. Jack wondered if she hadn’t accepted everything too fast…

She shakes the thoughts of her head and focus on their conversations. She devoted all her attention to everything they said about Damian. It seemed that he was still close and that he had company. It brought up many questions that no one could answer. After all no one but him knew what he was planning and why he had targeted Enza.

“I just wish I could hurt him,” Jack says tiredly.

“You need to rest Jack,” Embry mumbles watching Jack rub her eyes.

“Yeah.” Jacob smiles tenderly to her. “We’ll tell you tomorrow more about this. We have all weekend, you know?”

“But I want to help,” Jack whines like a child making them smile.

“Be a good little human and go to bed,” Jared says sternly with a smirk.

“You didn’t!” Jack exclaims with a false offended expression. “And here I thought we were friends! I had all this plans of us speaking about boys and nail polish… You’ve ruined everything,” she adds making everyone laugh.

“That would have been a great idea if you actually spoke about those things,” Jared states with a smirk.

“I don’t know how you put up with him Kim. He must be something extraordinary in be--” Jack mumbles with a devious smirk.

“Don’t say it!” Kim yells interrupting Jack with a blush. She places her hands over her ears and hides her head in Jared’s chest making Jack laugh loudly.

“She’s too cute.” Jack gets up from the ground. “But Jay-Jay is right,” Jack mutters with a smirk waiting him cringe at her nickname.

“That’s why we couldn’t ever paint each other’s nails,” Jared says with a smile.

“All right... I’ll take her home,” Paul declares getting up.

“Seth and Embry have to patrol. Quil and I are going to bed and Jared needs his alone time with Kim,” Jake says quickly before Jack’s refusal.

“Breath Jake. I swear that saying that in one breath can’t be easy,” Jack comments with a small smile. “Let’s go dog,” she says looking to Paul that flinched and her words.

“Don’t call me that, please.”

“It’s better than the other things she called you,” Jared states with a smile. “Like bastard.”

“Moron,” Kim interjects.

“Man-whore,” Embry adds.

“Mindless creature,” Jake says.

“Waste of genetic material,” Quil tells.

“Conceited person.”

“Coincided fuck face,” Jack corrects Seth with a smirk.

“I get the point. Calling me dog isn’t bad… Can we go now before my ego completely deflates?” Paul asks with an annoyed expression.

“Is the puppy hurt?” Jack mumbles in a baby voice. “Want me to pet you? Scratch you behind the ear? Play fetch with you?”

“Jack,” Embry calls her between laughs. “Go home.”

“You never let me have any fun.” Jack walks to him and hugs him. “Sometimes I don’t know why I love you.”

“It’s because I’m cute,” Embry explains with a toothy grin. “I love you too Jack. Call me if anything is wrong.” He adds making Paul growl.

“Call us,” Paul corrects with narrowing his eyes to Embry. “You should call us.”

“See you all tomorrow,” Jack says once ignoring Paul’s words.

“Hey,” Jake mutters looking to her with a hurt expression. “I want to hear I love you,” he crosses his arms over his chest and pouts. “It’s unfair the way you threat Embry.”

“I love you Jacob Black,” Jacks says with a serious expression hugging him. “You know I do. I just don’t say it as often as I say to Embry because you’re not as insecure as him,” she adds with a smirk making Embry cuss under his breath.

“I love you Jack,” Jake says with a grin. “I’m glad that you’re here, with us.”

“She needs to sleep,” Paul states in a stern voice annoyed with their display of affection. “So we’re going now.” He picks Jack’s hand and starts walking ignoring the laughs of his friends.

Paul was aware that neither of them were interested in Jack in a romantic way. He knew that Jacob had found his imprint and that Embry looked as Jack like a brother looked to a sister. But the way she acted with them made him lose his mind. It wasn’t like she flirted with him, because she didn’t. She also looked to them like brothers. But he found unfair that they were the ones that received her smiles, her displays of affection and her calls for help. He wanted to be the one that she turned when she was happy or when she was sad. He wanted to be the one that got to hold her hand and calm her, the one that would hear the good and bad news before everyone else and the one that picked her up in the morning in the way to school. However she didn’t allow him to do any of those things.

He couldn’t complain much now. At least now she allowed him to spend time with her. He had been welcomed in their table over lunch and she spoke with him in the few classes that attended together. Hell, she even allowed him to sit next to her in the classes that Embry, Jake and Quil didn’t have in common with her. But, somehow, that wasn’t enough for him. He wanted more, a whole lot.

They walk in silence to her house and when Paul notices that Jack was trembling lightly he smiled and pulled her body to his.

“What are you doing?” Jack asks with irritation trying to escape from his embrace.

“Keeping you warm. You are trembling and I’m hot. And I don’t mean it in a conceited way, it’s a fact. So don’t fight it…” Paul states calmly looking to her face with a smile. He almost screamed with happiness when he heard her sigh and push her body closer to his. ‘Keep it cool’ he repeated several times on his mind with a smirk on his lips.

“I guess you’re right,” she mumbles quietly. “Even if you’re a douche you are warm. It would be silly of me to die of hypothermia just because I’m disgusted by the number of people that touched your body… Or how many STDS you have…”

“You speak like I had sexual relations with everyone,” Paul mutters trough his gritted teeth.

“I know you haven’t,” Jack says calmly surprising him.

“Good--”

“You didn’t have sex with me,” she adds with a smirk.

“Sometimes I think it’s impossible for you to be nice to me,” he mutters bitterly.

“I think the same sometimes,” she agrees with him with a solemn expression. “But I guess you aren’t that bad.”

“Did I hear it correctly? Did you just say I’m not bad?” Paul stops walking and looks to Jack with his mouth open.

“No, you didn’t. Because I said that bad,” she corrects him. “I think I know worse. At least you are pretty straight forward with your intentions… Some like to-- You know what? Never mind.”

“Jack,” Paul whispers quietly. He wanted her to speak with him and tell him about what was troubling her so much. He wanted to know why she had took her father’s bike that day and why she had been crying so much before she hit him.

“Are you going to keep me warm or do I have to die of hypothermia?” Jack raises an eyebrow inquisitively. Paul automatically moves his arm over her shoulders and pulls her closer.

“You can speak with me.”

“Ain’t I speaking already?” Jack inquires with a playful tone of voice making him groan.

“You’re annoying,” Paul mutters under his breath.

“And that’s why you are always around.” Jack rolls her eyes. “Face it Lahote, you don’t find me a bit annoying. If you feel anything is frustration because I don’t want to lick your abs…” She says making him chuckle.

“My abs, hum?” Paul says cockily raising an eyebrow making Jack laugh. “So you’ve noticed them…”

“It’s kind of hard not to see them when you’re half naked all the time. But let’s drop this before I have the urge of insulting you.”

“But I was enjoying so much our little chat,” Paul whines with a smirk. “I loved the way you said you didn’t want to lick my abs. And when you said ‘Face it Lahote’,” Paul groans playfully. “It was hot.”

“Coincided fuck face,” Jack mutters with annoyance. “You’re not getting inside pants. I don’t care about your abs or anything else for the matter. And I’ve seen all of it… Didn’t faze me one bit,” she adds making him sigh loudly.

“One day Jack, one day--”

“Yes, Paul. One day you’ll stop trying to have sex with me and it’s going to be a glorious day,” she says interrupting him. “And we’re here. Thank you for accompany me.”

“Anytime,” Paul tells her with honesty. “And now that we are friends--”

“You are my slave till I forgive you from crossing the road,” Jack corrects him with a smirk.

“Whatever. You could give me your phone number… In case you got an urge of ice cream but no patient to drive there…”

“That was the most pathetic excuse I got to give my number to someone,” Jack declares. “And I’ve heard a lot of bad ones before. Like ‘Can I have your number? Because I’ve lost mine…’”

“That’s a sad pick up line,” Paul says after a laugh. “You didn’t give him your number, right?”

“I gave him a number,” Jack tells him with a devious smirk. “I gave him Ryan’s number. Man, you should have seen Ryan’s face when the guy started to send him dirty text messages.”

“So, will you give me your number or do I have to use one of those pick up lines?” Jack narrowed his eyes to him. “I was so enchanted by your beauty that I ran into the wall. So I am gonna need your name and number for insurance purposes.”

“Oh man, that was cheesy,” Jack mumbles with a smile.

“I’ve got others. So save yourself from cheesy and give me your number,” Paul declares with a smirk.

“And if I say that I won’t?” Jack asks raising an eyebrow.

“I’ll continue till you can’t take it anymore. Let’s see,” Paul mumbles lightly then he smiles and opens his mouth. There’s something wrong my cell phone,” Paul pauses and smirks. “It doesn’t have your number in it.”

“That’s terrible.” Jack chuckles.

“Excuse me. My friend over there is a little embarrassed. He’d like your phone number. He wants to know where he can get a hold of me in the morning,” he says with a conceited smirk.

“I don’t know where to begin with that one,” Jack mumbles after a laugh. “If I should be scared because there’s no one here but the two of us, so your friend is imaginary or for the fact you think I’d sleep with you and allow you to stay inside my house till morning,” she adds with a devious smirk.

“Of course you would. And do you really want me to continue. I swear I have plenty of those…”

“Well, I do want to sleep and I believe you when you say you do. You’re a walking STD,” Jack mumbles quietly. She reaches to his pocket and pulls his phone making him smile brightly. After mashing the buttons quickly she places the phone inside of his pocket again. “Good night doggie.”

“Good night love,” Paul whispers once she closes the door. With a radiant smile on his lips he walks to his house.

~*~

“Good morning,” Jack greets Enza that was in the kitchen making breakfast. “And good morning to you, Carlisle.” Jack wiggles her eyebrows to Enza that automatically threw her a towel. “It seems that you didn’t have… How do I put it without sounding gross--”

“Non avviare Jacqueline,” Enza says sternly.

“Good morning Jacqueline,” Carlisle greets her with an amused smile.

“Jack,” she corrects him lightly. “I’d ask how it went but since you’re here, I’ll assume that she accepted it.”

“Era la tua idea? Calling him,” Enza asks with her eyes narrowed.

“Everyone contributed to it,” Jack tells her walking to the counter to get coffee. “You know… Know that we’re all on the same page and all--”

“Ho paura di quello che uscirà dalla vostra bocca ora,” Enza mumbles after a sigh interrupting Jack which made Carlisle laugh.

“You shouldn’t have spent money getting Balto. I mean I love the pup… Yes, I do,” she adds in a baby voice petting him. “But you could have easily put a leash on Leah and took her out for walks.”

“Jack,” Enza yells then she starts laughing loudly.

“Carlisle you have no idea how grateful I am right now. I missed her laugh so much,” Jack says with sincerity looking to him.

“I missed it too. And it was my pleasure,” Carlisle states solemnly.

“Dirty vampire,” Jack mutters with a smirk.

“I didn’t mean--”

“She knows it, Carlisle. Jack is like that,” Enza informs him with a smile feeling amused by his embarrassment.

“I’m getting breakfast then I’m out and you two can be dirty together,” Jack tells them as she picked some of the pancakes that Enza has just made.

“You ought to stop speaking like the only thing that is on my mind is having sex with him,” Enza mumbles flushed.

“I’m sure that what isn’t in his mind is better. Well, since he’s old as dust I’m sure he must a couple of tricks that you--”

“Jacqueline!” Enza yells with her face red interrupting her rant. She looks to Carlisle that was moving uncomfortably on his chair as he looked to the ceiling.

“I wish that Leah was here,” Jack says after a sigh. “She would back me up on this one.”

“Sono contento che non lo è. Stai facendo un lavoro molto valido in imbarazzo me da soli,” Enza mutters as she drops the last batch of pancakes on the tray.

“You think so?” Jack asks happily making Carlisle laugh loudly.

“How is Paul?” Enza asks with a smirk.

“He’s fine.” Jack narrows her eyes to Enza and walks to the table.

“Paul?” Carlisle inquires. He felt curious at Jack’s reaction and at Enza’s expression when she said his name.

“One of the, hum, shifters?” Enza says lightly as she was still accepting the truth.

“He’s fine as I said,” Jack says once again. “Actually I gave him my phone number yesterday,” she informs Enza. Once Enza heard her words she turned out the oven and looked to Jack with a surprised expression.

“That’s unlike something you’ve do. What changed?”

“He’s harassed me with lame pick up lines till I gave him the number. Oh.” Jack laughs lightly and looks to Balto. “I also asked him for advices on how to stop Balto from licking himself off.”

“Why?” Carlisle asks since he didn’t understood why a shifter would be able to help her with that.

“Because he turns into a humungous dog and also because I’m pretty sure he has tried it himself,” Jack states lightly with a smile.

“Don’t pay attention to her Carlisle,” Enza says with a smile adorning her lips as she sat on the table next to him. “Are you sure you don’t want anything?”

“We don’t have animals around to take the blood off…” Jack starts laughing manically as Carlisle and Enza look to her with worry. “I can picture him drinking from a cup with his pinky sticking in the air.”

“That’s silly Jack,” Enza says with a small smile on her lips. “But I guess you are correct, we don’t have anything that fits his… diet…”

“It was nice of you to ask, nevertheless.”

“I wish I had something for you though,” Enza mumbles.

“Could you two stop flirting while I eat?” Jack inquires with a disgusted expression on her face. “It revolves my stomach and the image of what you two might do when I’m not around comes to my mind.”

“Carlisle I’m sorry. I tried to give her a proper education but--” Enza smirks lightly looking to Carlisle that was once again embarrassed.

“It was ‘cause of your ‘education’… Actually I blame Henry,” Jack declares with a smile. “Yes, I blame him and Yvette for this behavior… Not that you’re better. Which makes me wonder… When are they meeting Dr. Cullen?”

“I don’t know if he would survive,” Enza answers after a laugh.

“Henry would be all over him. Well maybe not because he has a boyfriend--”

“I don’t know if that was your intention but I feel a bit frightened now,” Carlisle announces with a small smile making Enza and Jack laugh. “Those laughs didn’t ease my worry.”

“You’ll be fine,” Enza says reassuringly.

“Yeah. You are as fast as superman so I think you can doge Henry’s moves,” Jack nods her head with a smile.

“That makes me worry even more, to be honest,” Carlisle says making the girls laugh. “Is Henry that terrible?”

“I don’t know where you got that idea from. Henry is charming,” Enza says trying to maintain a serious expression that didn’t convince Carlisle.

“And his cookies are wonderful.”

“The penis shaped one?” Enza asks with a smile as she reminisced about the day Henry baked them. Once the words left Enza’s lips Carlisle widen his eyes making her giggle.

“Yeah. I was disgusted at first but I’m glad I went for it,” Jack declares with a smile.

“This is one of the oddest conversations I ever had. And considering my age, that is saying a lot.”

“Considering that you’re sticking with Enza.” Jack looks to him with a genuine smile. “I’m sure that you’ll hear worse.”

“Now you’re doing it on purpose,” Enza whispers with embarrassment.

“You know me too well Enza.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you enjoyed this one :3
Feedback is welcomed and appreciated.

Image