Wild Things.

Kidnapped.

“Is she awake yet?” Carlisle asked when Jack had opened the door.

“Nope, I woke her up this morning to ask if she was hungry but she just looked at me shook her head went back to sleep."

“It’s been two days, she goes to work tomorrow.” Jack stated worried as Carlisle sighed while looking down at his pager that was buzzing, he was on-call.

“I have an emergency at the hospital, I will come back after that.” Carlisle stated as Jack nodded.

Enza looked around her bedroom not feeling as completely exhausted as two days ago. On the plane ride back Enza had had to hear Paul, Carlisle, Felix, Jane, Edward, Jasper, and Rosalie argue about where the two were going to stay. It ended with Jack saying they could live in a cave like bats with everyone just staring at her and Enza tiredly saying that Felix and Jane would be staying at their house.

That had not gone over well with Carlisle and especially Paul. In the end she’d just said that there was no arguing and dozed off for the rest of the flight home. And apparently didn’t wake up.

Enza opened her eyes as Bagheera rubbed her head against her face.

“Hey sweetie,” Enza cooed kissing the kitten as Bagheera nuzzled into her neck and laid down as she started purring. “Where is Balto?” Enza asked closing her eyes as she gently pet Bagheera. Enza didn’t really remember much after that because she’d dozed off once more.

“Cadenza?!” Enza opened her eyes blinking rapidly as she looked up at Jack who was just looking down at her.

“Hmm?” Enza asked as she sat up bringing the covers with her.

“It’s eight o’ clock in the evening, are you alright?” Jack asked as Enza nodded looking towards the window to see it was dark out but she could see it was snowing.

“Yeah, uh, well better now.” Enza stated rubbing her eyes as the cover fell down.

“Do you always sleep naked?” Felix asked smiling appearing at the door as Enza looked down at her breasts only to pull the covers back up not ashamed in the least bit.

“She does, always have, usually why I don’t come in here when she is sleeping, but I was worried.” Jack stated looking back at Felix as he was looking at Enza.

“Did you feed Balto and Bagheera?” Enza asked as she laid back down nestling into her pillow and closing her eyes.

“Yeah, you do know you’ve been sleeping for two whole days right?” Jack asked as Enza opened her eyes and looked up at Jack.

“Jet lag?” Enza supplied as Jack gave a small smile that Enza was staying up longer than a minute.

“Really whore? Sleep the weekend away?” Leah asked appearing beside Felix with a smile as Enza sat up hugging her pillow to her chest as she looked at Leah with a raised eyebrow.

“Shush that noise, and what have I told you about calling me out my name?”

“Are you sure something didn’t happen to her when she feinted?” Embry asked standing behind Leah.

“I’m going to take a shower.” Enza stated getting up with the sheet still wrapped around her.

“We don’t know, she just needed to sleep it off apparently.” Jack stated as she turned around and looked right at Felix. “Pervert, out, now!” Jack stated as she tried to push Felix out as she closed the door behind her.

“I am not a pervert.” Felix stated as Jane looked at him suddenly appearing out of nowhere making Jack jump and grab her chest.

“Damn it! Will the two of you stop fucking doing that! That is about the eightieth time you’ve about given me a heart attack this weekend!” Jack stated as Embry laughed.

“Why are you a pervert?” Jane asked seriously ignoring Jack.

“I’m not, she was overreacting.” Felix stated as Jane narrowed her eyes at him.

“What is wrong with her? Does she usually sleep this long?” Jane asked as Jack looked back towards Enza’s bedroom door.

“Well she us up now, and going to take a shower so I guess I’ll call Carlisle and tell him.” Jack stated as she pulled out her cell phone.

“No need, him, Jasper, Bella, and Alice just arrived.” Leah stated as Jack looked at Leah wonder how she knew that.

“How do you even know that?” Jack asks looking at her.

“It’s their scent.” Embry answers as Jack just shakes her head with a sigh.

“Damn supernatural beings with your super speed and super scents.” Jack muttered as she headed down stairs to get the front door as the Cullen’s were knocking.

“Jacqueline, how is Cadenza doing?” Alice asked walking in as she looked at everyone as they walked down the stairs.

“She was sleeping, I woke her up to see if she was alright, she sat up answered me then laid back down and then sat back up, talked with us then declared she was getting in the shower.” Jack stated as they all walked into the living room. “Why are there always so many freaking people here?” Jack stated as she started to count how many people were standing as she plopped down on the couch. “One…three…six…eight! Why are there eight people here?” Jack asked randomly as Embry laughed at her rant.

“Jack, we are here because one, you invited us. Two we were worried about Enza, and three, we don’t trust them.” Leah stated pointing at Jane and Felix as Embry nodded in agreement. Ignoring them Jack looked over at Carlisle.

“Why is Enza sleeping all day? I know that she up right now, but what if it happens again? I mean the whole Vivian thing, them being here, oh God, what if Henry and them all come back up for a surprise visit, just—” Jack was looking at Carlisle seriously.

“Jack, just calm down, take a deep breath.” Jasper stated interrupting her rant as she did what Jasper told her.

“Thanks Jasper, but why is this happening Carlisle?” Jack asked feeling more calm than she’d ever felt and almost wondering why.

“I don’t know, can I go see her?” Carlisle asked as Jack was about to nod then shook her head.

“No you pedophile! I just told you she was taking a shower! Gosh, now I have a pervert and a pedophile to watch out for.” Jack stated as Carlisle looked at her wondering who the pervert was that she was referring too.

“I will go talk to her, tell her we are here. Carlisle really should examine her.” Alice stated as Jack looked at her.

“Are you a lesbian?” Jack inquired as Alice looked at her with her eyebrow raised.

“I am happily married to my soul mate.”

“Yeah, yeah, it could just be a cover up.” Jack stated waving her off as a few of them laughed before Alice just shook her head and disappeared.

Enza was just standing in the shower after she’d cleaned herself. The hot water was cascading down her body relaxing her as she thought about everything that had happened since Zia Sophia had died. It almost seemed like a lifetime ago or even a different life one that wasn’t hers anymore.

Who would have thought that she’d leave the man she’d thought was her soul mate, move to another state that was the complete opposite, meet a horde of shifters and vampires, be attacked by her ex-turned-vampire, be uprooted to meet the vampire council in Italy, and just wow. Enza thought as she took in deep breaths letting the hot water calm her once more.

“Cadenza?” Alice asked peaking her head in the doorway as Enza blinked turning off the water and grabbed her towel that was right outside the shower curtain.

“Yeah?” She asked pulling the shower curtain back while adjusting the towel around her body.

“I was just letting you know we are here and that Carlisle will be examining you.” Alice stated looking at her as she stepped out of the shower and squeezed the water from her hair.

“Okay, he couldn’t tell me that?” Enza asked as Alice chuckled.

“Jacqueline called him a pedophile and she also inquired that I was a lesbian.” Alice laughed as Enza joined her in laughing. Enza stopped a moment after getting a weird sensation in her body.

“There are quite a few people downstairs.” She stated randomly as she walked into her room as Alice followed her.

“Yes, there is, how did you know that?”

“It’s like a can feel them.” Enza stated as she dropped her towel and started getting dressed in gym shorts in a t-shirt. “Carlisle.” Enza stated as he was standing in her doorway as soon as she had said his name.

“How are you feeling?” He asked as soon everyone was in her doorway once more.

“Better, but still fatigued I guess.” Enza stated finger combing her hair looking at everyone in her room. “Is there any word on Vivian?”

“Jake caught her scent briefly yesterday while on patrol.” Leah stated as everyone looked at her.

“Why weren’t we notified of this?” Felix asked almost glaring at Leah.

“It wasn’t enough to go on.” Embry stated as he looked over at Enza. “Paul also caught Damian’s scent shortly after Jake had caught Vivian’s.” Enza blinked.

“I’m hungry.” Enza stated as Jack looked at her.

“Really? Embry states that your crazy ex-boyfriend is somewhere close and you say that you’re hungry, where in the world does that make sense?” Jack asked as Enza shrugged her shoulders.

“I think I am going to make cup noodles.” Enza stated walking out of her room past everyone as she walked downstairs. No one followed her they just watched as she left.

“Are you sure that nothing happened when she feinted? She is a little off her rocker.” Embry stated as Leah slapped him up side the back of his head.

“You imbecile, she was sleeping for two days straight, the woman is hungry. Wouldn’t you be?” Leah stated as everyone looked at her.

“Here we are talking about Damian, the person who nearly killed her and she is all calm about it and hungry.” Jack rambles confused as everyone just shakes their heads.

“That was probably Jaspers’ doing.” Bella points out as he nods.

“Enza needs to stay calm, and—.” Everyone looked towards the bedroom door as they heard a glass break as it hit the floor. Immediately all the vampires in the room were downstairs looking to see what happened. A few seconds later Jack and the others were stopping as they hit the opening of the kitchen.

“Enza what happen—where is she?” Jack asks looking around the kitchen. No one said anything as Jack looked over at the door that hanging open allowing a bitter crisp air into the house. “Where the fuck is my cousin?” Jack asked more angry than panicked.

“Jack, just stay calm…”Embry stated in a hushed tone as he touched her shoulder gently only to have her pull away.

“No! I am sick and fucking tired of this! All of you fucking vampires taking my cousin and just placing her in more danger! I want her back, I want everything to go back to how it was before all this crazy kidnapping all most dying shit happened!” Jack screams out in frustration as Jasper goes to calm her down but she glares at him pointing a finger in his direction. “Don’t you fucking dare toy with my emotions! I want to be angry and frustrated and whatever else I am feeling! Don’t toy with my emotions Jasper!”

“It was Vivian.” Leah stated breathing in deeply and exhaling.

“Yeah, her scent is wrapped with Enza’s.” Embry agrees as he looked to the vampires in the room.

“We need to call everyone together, we don’t have much time to find her.” Alice states as everyone agrees.

Enza blinked rapidly as she opened her eyes looking around the room she was in. She was lying on a bed with her hands bound behind her back. The room was old and very dirty.

“Goodness, I thought you would never wake up.” Vivian stated as she was sitting on a chair across the room.

“Oh you have got to be fucking joking me?” Enza groaned maneuvering herself to sit up against the head board. Looking around the room Enza noticed that she was most likely in a hotel room.

“Oh I never joke.” Vivian stated with a smile on her lips.

“No, you just lie, deceive and try to kill innocent people.” Enza nearly hissed as Vivian seemed amused.

“You are quite a fiery spirit. I see why Damian loves you.”

“Loved, past tense, you don’t try and kill the people you love.” Enza pointed out as Vivian snorted.

“Then why did he seek you out? He obviously still loves you, vampires don’t go in search of people to change.” Vivian stated as Enza laughed.

“He didn’t try and change me! He tried to kill me! Literally kill me, not make me one of you.” Enza reasoned as Vivian was standing next to her.

“You lie!” She hissed slapping her across the face. Enza’s head whipped to the side making her hair fall over her face.

“Damian was pretty pissed when I broke up with him a few months back. Look at the scar on my neck.” Enza flipped her hair off to the side revealing the scar that was on her neck as she ran her tongue over her now puffy lip. “That doesn’t look like a bite mark to me.” That remark only earned Enza another slap across the face.

“I smell wolf all over you, are you a child of the moon?” Vivian asked throwing Enza off as she licked her lips once more while flipping her hair out of the way.

“I am a human, but some of my closest friends are shifters.”

“That other human, your cousin, she is dating one of them. How does the Volturi feel about that?” Enza looked at Vivian, she seemed reflective, almost human for a moment.

“I wouldn’t really say that she is dating Paul but—”

“Is that his name? Paul? He reminds me so much of my Mathias.” Enza blinked raising an eyebrow at the woman. Jack had been right, this woman was psycho crazy. Enza looked over at her, well it was better to play along then die for the moment.

“Who was Mathias?” She asked as Vivian gave a small smile.

“He was the alpha of his pack. A true child of the moon, Mathias had been my true soul mate.” Vivian stated sitting on the opposite bed. “It was forbidden, our love, even though at the time I had been a human. I knew what he was and that didn’t stop me from loving him. We lived in a small village outside of modern day Sicily.” Vivian stated as Enza tried to loosen the knot that was around her hands.

“What happened?”

“Shortly after giving birth to a still born child I became very ill.” Vivian stated looking out the window. “Mathias found a healer who could take all sickness from me if I could survive for three days.” Enza continued to wiggle her hands trying to free them. “At the time Mathias didn’t realize that the healer was a vampire. When his teeth pierced my skin is when Mathias realized what she was. She’d laughed as she disappeared into the night. Mathias took care of me for those three days, some said he’d never left my side. When I awoke it was a hard transformation, I’d craved blood. It was hard on us, but it made us stronger as soul mates because he would never grow old and neither would I.”

“How did he die?” Enza asked as keeping Vivian going as she felt the knot loosening.

“The Volturi. They were on a hunt to kill all children of the moon. They found our village and began killing everyone who had their scent. Mathias, myself and a few others got away because of my ability to hide my scent. As long as they were with me, they couldn’t be tracked or hunted down. But we were soon found because Demetri’s tracking ability. We fought them killed as many as we could but it wasn’t enough, I was able to hold them back with another one of my abilities but then Aro, Caius, and Marcus found us.”

“You have more than one ability?” Enza asked as Vivian looked back at her.

“That is why the Volturi wanted me, they watched as we battled some of their guards. They made a deal with me. Join them and Mathias would live. Marcus knew our bond, how strong it was, he knew that I would do anything to save Mathias.” Vivian stated still looking at Enza. “But they lied, Mathias was death within my first week of being in Volterra Italy. I knew because that’s how strong our bond was. It was Caius who did it. He is the most ruthless of them all, no ability but a lust for killing. I tried to kill him, almost succeeded too.”

“Is that why they want you dead?”

“Yes, because I wouldn’t join them.”

“Are you going to kill me?” Enza asked as Vivian looked right at her.

“No, I am.” Damian stated appearing at the front door. Vivian looked at her with a smile before looking back at Damian.

“Don’t make a mess of it,” Vivian stated as she was walking past him. “Oh, and come find me, you know where.” Vivian stated placing a kiss upon his cheek before disappearing into the night.

“Why are you doing this?”

“I told you before, no one leaves Damian Trent.” He stated as he shut the door.

“You didn’t do such a great job the last time, what makes you think you’ll succeed this time?” Enza asked finally freeing her hands but keeping them behind her back.

“Cadenza, your little wolf friends can’t find you because they don’t even know where you are.” Damian chuckled. “Vivian is a very power woman, her abilities are exceptional, very elusive. No one will find us.” Damian stated as he caressed her cheek and she moved from his touch. “This time I will get to taste the sweetness of your blood, it’s almost like it is calling to me right now.”

He closed his eyes and breathed in her scent, Enza took that moment to grab the lamp and smash it over his head. She scrambled out of the bed and ran for the door only to be slammed up against it. She let out a grunt from the pain she felt.

“Oh, you were always quick on your feet but this time it won’t work.” He hissed into her ear as he threw her across the room into a wall. Another grunt left her mouth as she fell to the ground. She thought a moment that she’d wished Marcus had changed her into a vampire, that she could have the strength to fend for herself.

“You throw like a girl.” Enza taunted suddenly getting the energy to fight back as Damian’s eyes turned a dark color. She knew he needed to feed and this would be short, but she wasn’t going down without a fight.

“I will end this quickly.” Damian stated hovering over her. Looking to her left she grabbed the foot of a chair and swung it towards him hitting his body with it with a force that shocked her. The chair broke barely phasing him. He picked her up by the neck and threw on the bed before straddling her.

He was smirking as he looked down at her. Licking his lips he went straight for the jugular only to be thrown into the wall Enza had just found herself thrown at. Blinking she sat up watching as Carlisle was starting to fight him who was soon joined by about two or three others who threw him through the wall into another room.

“Come sweetheart.” Enza looked at the woman who bore a smile on her features as she offered her hand out to Enza. Enza grabbed it before looking back as Carlisle, Felix, Emmett, and Edward were overpowering Damian.

As soon as Enza took her hand the woman tossed her onto her back and began to run. Enza found herself amazed at the blur of sights that passed her as the woman ran. The world came into focus as the woman stopped. They were standing in front of Carlisle house outside in the snow covered ground with Alice, Rosalie, and Bella surround them.

“Wow, I am not sure which was more exhilarating, bungee jumping or that.” Enza breathed as the woman put her down. Rosalie looked at her with a raised brow.

“You’ve been bungee jumping?” Rosalie asked with her arms crossed across her chest.

“Jack wanted to do it for her sixteenth birthday, so we did…and can we go inside, this snow is cold on my bare feet.” Enza stated as the woman who’d grabbed her gasped.

“Oh my goodness! I didn’t even realize that you didn’t have any shoes on, get back on my back, I will take you inside.” She said as Enza complied. As soon as they were inside Enza found herself jumped by Jack who hugged her.

“Cadenza! We are so getting a security system! I am sick and tired of all these break-ins and almost killings and—I am just so glad you are safe.” Jack sniffled into Enza as she hugged her tighter.

“I know me too.” Enza whispered as she let go and looked at Jack wiping a tear away.

“Did they get her?” Leah asked as she and a few other shifters walked over to where they were standing.

“No, Vivian left Damian to kill me.” Enza stated as she licked her still swollen lip.

“Oh sweetheart, let me get you an ice pack for that lip.” The woman stated with a smile as she disappeared and soon reappeared with an ice pack. Enza thanked her as she walked over to the couch and sat down.

“How did you guys find me, Vivian’s abilities have a lot to do with evasiveness.” Enza asked briefly removing the ice pack from her mouth to talk.

“Trevor is a tracker.” Rosalie stated as Enza blinked not recognizing the name.

“Have I met him?” Enza asked as she looked at Rosalie, Leah, Alice, then Bella.

“No, he is my mate, and we have been away helping him transition to a vegetarian diet.” Enza looked to the woman once more trying to think where she’d seen her before. “I am Esme.” Enza stared at her taking every single detail about her in. She was pale like the other vampires, with the same golden eyes, her hair was a caramel color but something about her features was non-threatening, she had this aura about her made Enza feel comforted just to be in her presence.

“I’m Cadenza, but I feel as if you already know that.” Enza chuckled as she just continued to star at Esme for a minute longer as she gave her a warm smile. “What are they going to do with Damian?” Enza finally asked looking around at the people who surrounded her.

“Burn his ass.” Jack nearly spat as Enza looked over at her. “What?” She asked as someone chuckled entering the room.

“She is right, well after a bit of torture from me and the ripping of his limbs off, they burned him.” Jane stated coolly as everyone looked at her, but she only looked at Enza. “I seen that a lamp and chair were shattered…how is it that you managed to muster the strength to hit a vampire, not once but twice?” She asked as Enza just looked at her.

“The lamp caught him off guard because he was too busy taking in what I smelled like and the chair…” Enza thought about it a moment. How had she managed to pick up that chair with one hand and throw it at Damian with ease? It had been a lot lighter than she thought.

“You intrigue me human. You and your cousin over there.” Jane stated as she looked to Jack who stuck out her tongue childishly.

“Really Jack?” Paul asked walking into the room with Sam, Embry, and Jacob.

“Goodness, get a life and leave me alone!” Jack groaned as Enza laughed.

“We weren’t able to pick up her scent, it was too feint by the time we caught it.” Sam stated as he looked towards Enza and gave her a hello nod as she did the same.

“What about Trevor? He could get it from the room.” Alice stated logically.

“Too late, we burnt the place.” Felix smirked walking into the room and joining the conversation.

“Cadenza,” Carlisle stated as he was at her side as soon as he said her name.

“Oh Lord, here goes this again.” Jack stated as she shook her head making nearly everyone laugh.

“Are you hurt anywhere?” Carlisle asked looking her over and only seeing the damage to her lip when she’d taken the ice pack off of it.

“I am fine, actually I feel even better than when he threw me into the wall—um, I am fine, don’t worry about me. I need to get back to the house and sleep, what time is it?” Enza asked looking around at everyone who was standing around.

“Four forty-seven in the morning.” Jasper stated standing next to Alice suddenly.

“Damn it, I have to be to work in less than three hours.” Enza stated standing up.

“Enza you are not going to work after what just—.”

“I am done with this, Hakuna Matata.” Enza waved him off as everyone looked at her.

“Really?” Jack asked as others went to throw in their comments on the matter.

“Shh, I said Hakuna Matata. I am over it, what happened happen and I am not going to worry about any longer.” Enza stated as she looked at each and every single person. “I have obligations as a teacher that I will not overlook because some crazy psycho chick and my ex-boyfriend feel the need to try and kill me every other month.” Jack smiled at hearing the ‘crazy psycho’ part.

“Told you,” She whispered sticking out her tongue as Enza ignored her.

“I like this woman.” Felix stated as Carlisle glared at him. “Such an interesting life you live.” He added as she looked at him.

“Shut up,” Enza stated as he looked at her with an eyebrow raised as Enza looked at Jack ignoring him. “Let’s go home.”

“How?” Jack asked as she smirked before looking over at Paul. “Lackey gives me a puppy back ride home!” Jack stated as Enza lost it as she looked at the look on Paul’s face. Enza found herself grabbing her sides at how hard she was laughing.

“Is she going to be alright?” Jane asked watching as Enza was soon crying at how hard she was laughing.

“Jack, non puoi dire cose così!” Enza said in between breaths as she tried to calm herself and stop laughing. (Jack, you can’t just say things like that!) Jack looked at Enza with a big smile on her face and shrugged her shoulders.

“Why the hell not? He is still my slave because of this!” Jack stated waving her casted arm in the air.

“Which can come off in one more week, possibly.” Carlisle stated Jack stared at him wide-eyed.

“You are lying! No way!”

“After the x-rays and testing it should most likely be one more week. Have Enza bring you in tomorrow, um, today after school.” Carlisle stated as Jack jumped on him hugging him.

“Yes! You are officially my favorite person in the world right now! I don’t even care that you are a pedophile!” Jack stated letting go of him and then proceeded to do a dance until Enza hit her upside the back of the head. Trevor looked at Esme confused.

“Is the sheila correct, are you a pedophile mate?” Trevor asked his Australian accent strong. Carlisle went to say something but stopped as Enza began.

“Jack I am not a child, therefore Carlisle is not a pedophile.”

“But he could be like your great, great, great, great, great, great…” Jack stopped as Enza went to hit her again. “Okay, okay I’ll stop with the pedophile jokes.” Jack stated putting up her hands defensively.

“Carlisle can you please take us home.” Enza asked as he nodded before Enza turned towards Esme and Trevor. “Thank you so much for finding me.” Enza smiled as did both Esme and Trevor who nodded his welcome.
♠ ♠ ♠
Jack seems sick of all the vampires! Esme and Trevor are here! Damian is dead! Vivian was in love with a real werewolf! Enza is in a state of Hakuna Matata! And there was a lot of people in this chapter! What did you think of it! ♥ :)

Comment & Subscribe

Image