Wild Things.

Dinner, Snowball Fights, and Hot Chocolate.

“I am telling you, it’s nothing to worry about, I honestly don’t know why you guys keep pestering me about it.” Yvette stated as Enza looked at her briefly as she was in the passenger seat.

“The two of you were cuddled up, he is eighteen Vet, and you are twenty-five.” Sasha stated as Yvette rolled her eyes even though no one could see.

“Can we shut up about it? Or no, better yet let’s talk about you and Leah. They two of you were getting pretty cozy last night, what was all that about?” Yvette asked turning the conversation away from her.

“Okay, I’ll shut up about it.” Sasha muttered feeling her face heat up. Enza laughed as they pulled into the Cullen’s driveway. She really wanted to tell them about the riff that was currently between her and Carlisle but this was a celebratory dinner. Even though six of them didn’t know what was being celebrated exactly, it was strictly for celebrating.

“There are lights on the roof, who does that in the middle of winter?” Sasha asked getting out of the car as Enza turned it off with a laugh.

“Uh, Sasha honey, it’s still autumn.” Yvette pointed out as Sasha glared at her.

“Well it’s winter here! They have like fifty inches of snow!” Sasha stated as Henry looked at the both of them before laughing.

“Well let’s get inside before my penis freeze off.” Henry stated placing his arms around Sasha and Yvette’s shoulders as Enza led them inside. Walking to the door Enza didn’t even knock as Alice opened it immediately with a warm smile.

“Finally! I thought that you guys would never get here, you’re late!” Alice stated as they all walked in.

“That’s because Jack was driving and we didn’t want her to kill us.” Chester stated as she glared at him.

“They literally made me drive fifteen under the speed limit!” Jack stated as Alice laughed and so did a few others.

“My oh my, this is a lot of people.” Esme smiled as everyone crowded into the living room.

“Introductions!” Jack exclaimed as Enza shook her head with a smile as did a few others. “I’ll start! I am Jacqueline! But call me Jack!” She looked to her left at Chester.

“Chester.”

“Ryan.”

“Dave.” Dave looked at Paul who didn’t say anything until Jack walked over and hit him upside the head.

“They already know who I am!” He stated as she was about to him once more but he sigh. “Paul, damn it!” He stated as Jack smiled and others laughed.

“Oh, I’m Henry!” He gave a short wave with a smile.

“Sasha.”

“Yvette.”

“Embry?”

“Seth?”

“Cadenza.” Enza stated with a laugh at Embry and Seth as they were unsure as to give their names or not.

“Leah!” Leah looked at Jack questioningly.

“What Jack?”

“Say your name!” Jack whispered yelled as Leah raised her brow.

“You just said my name.” Leah stated as Jack glared at her playfully.

“Say it anyways!” Leah sighed with a laugh and shook her head as she said her name.

“Leah.”

“Jacob.”

“Renesmee!”

“Isabella, but call me Bella please.”

“Edward.”

“Alice.”

“Jasper.”

“I love that name!” Henry whispered to Yvette as she laughed.

“Did you tell me you were going to name your first son that?” She whispered back even though nearly everyone in the room could hear them.

“Yes! I did, I love that you remember things—”

“Yvette, Henry, shut it!” Jack yelled as everyone smiled and they glared at her playfully as the naming continued.

“Emmett.”

“Rosalie.”

“Esme.”

“Trevor.”

“Jane.”

“And Felix.”

“Where is Carlisle?” Jack asked looking around the room.

“He is at work still, he will be here in a little bit.” Alice stated as she looked around at everyone. “I am so glad that everyone is here, for now, we will serve drinks and appetizers until Carlisle arrives, until then, mingle and get to know everyone!” Alice stated as everyone looked around for a moment.

“You know what this reminds me of Sasha?” Henry asked he as Yvette had wondered off to get a drink.

“The awards ceremony in high school?”

“Yes! Exactly!” Henry exclaimed looking Enza. “Doesn’t it remind you—oh, yeah…never mind Miss-I-got-my-GED-and-went-to-college-early.” Henry stated as Enza laughed.

“Don’t hate just because I was—”

“Too smart to be with the rest of us?” Yvette supplied taking a sip of wine.

“You know what, I am leaving this conversation of haters right now, to go get a drink and mingle.” Enza laughed as she left them and walked past Jack who was laughing and telling a story to Bella and Edward with Paul, Chester and Ryan listening in.

Grabbing a flute of wine she took a long sip of it only to be startled by the sudden appearance of Jasper next to her. She nearly started choking on the wine but caught herself as she looked at Jasper.

“I know this is my sound intrusive, but what is going on?” He asked as Enza looked around the room to see everyone engaged in conversation but that didn’t mean the vampires and shifters wouldn’t hear her talking about what she knew Jasper was asking.

“Yes, it is intrusive and not the right time to talk about that. This is a time for celebrating, celebrating deaths yes, but more so a victory over those who died.” Enza stated with a forced smile before downing the rest of her flute then setting it down on the table.

“Then I apologize.” Jasper nearly whispered as Enza nodded her head accepting the apology. “It’s just a shift in both of your emotions have alerted me, it placed me a bit on edge for when you two will be in the same room.” Jasper was talking in a whisper once more. Enza took in a breath before grabbing a non-alcohol fruit punch mix.

“Do not worry, I will behave.” She gave a smile before slightly lifting her glass indicating that it wasn’t alcohol. “I cannot say the same for him though.” Enza looked over at Felix who caught her gaze and gave her a devious smirk. “He likes causing trouble.”

“You started it.” Felix mouthed as she shrugged her shoulders and walked away from Jasper after excusing herself.

“Aye Shelia, how yah been?” Trevor asked as Enza smiled.

“Doing as well as anyone can in my situation, how long are you and Esme here for?” Enza asked as he shrugged.

“Not sure yet, I’ve gotten used to bein’ a vegetarian alright, but this is a large coven to be sayin’ in a small town.” Enza couldn’t help but smile as she listened to his thick Australian accent.

“Have you always lived in Australia?” Enza asked taking a drink of her fruit punch as he nodded.

“All me life, well until I met Esme over there. That woman is the love of me life yah know?” Enza took in a breath as she could just see the love in his eyes as he looked across the room to where ever Esme was mingling with other.

“My ears are ringing,” Esme smiled as she gave Trevor a kiss before looking over to Enza. “Hello Cadenza.” Esme smiled at her as Enza returned a genuine smile.

“Hello Esme, I am not sure if I thanked you for um,” Enza looked around to see who was around her. “You know…”Esme smiled with a nodded understanding. “But, thank you a lot.” Henry looked over to see who Enza was talking with and called Jack over to him.

“Psst, Jack? Psssst, Jacqueline!” Jack looked over at him.

“What Henry?”

“C’mere.” He beckoned as she huffed before leaving her group and walking over to him.

“Now, what?”

“Who is Enza talking with over there?” Jack followed to where Henry was indicated.

“Oh! That is Aussie boy and Esme, they helped us…um, renovate the house. Why?” Jack asked as Henry continued to look over there.

“Although she seemed relax talking to them, she is on edge. I can tell she wanted to like to woman but there is like this invisible wall stopping her from completely liking the woman.” Henry stated as Jack looked over at them and squinted her eyes trying to see what Henry saw.

“What do you mean? I don’t see it, what are you walking about?”

“She and Carlisle were once married.” Jack jumped up and hit the person’s arm for scaring her.

“Fuck you Felix, what have I told you about doing that!” Jack almost yelled but he just smiled down at her.

“You mean, Esme and Carlisle were?” Henry asked as he nodded.

“Wait, does Enza know this?” Jack asked as he nodded once more. “She never told me about that…”

“Why do you think she kis—”

“Felix, always stirring up trouble.” Carlisle interceded with a smile and as he had his hand on his shoulder.

“V-ma…Carlisle, finally we can eat!” Jack stated as she turned around towards the other groups and began to go and tell them that Carlisle had arrived.

“You always seem to know when to make your entrance Carlisle.” Felix stated as Carlisle squeezed his shoulder tightly.

“There are humans here who don’t know our secrets, I’d like to keep it that way Felix. Don’t cause trouble.” Carlisle warned as Felix smirked.

“Ah, you know me so well Carlisle, but that is fine, Jane and I take our leave in two days. We need to give our report on things here.” Felix smirked as he walked away from Carlisle as everyone began to walk into the dining room.

“Everyone, find your name card and dinner will commence shortly.” Alice stated as Sasha looked at Yvette.

“This is rather extravagant, what exactly is being celebrated?” Sasha asked as Yvette who just shrugged her shoulders.

“Hell if I know, Rosalie’s husband, Emmett was it? Yeah I think that was his name, talked about the defeat of someone or something.” Yvette stated as she found her name and sat down. She was next to Enza and Henry but across from Embry who’d just swapped names with Seth.

“Enza you are next to me!” Yvette called out as Henry sat down and leaned over to Yvette to whisper something.

“Have you seen Carlisle, because that is one hunk of a man. Talk about satisfaction right there honey!” Henry stated as they both began laughing as everyone sat down. Enza chewed on her bottom lip as Carlisle sat next to her.

This shouldn’t be weird. Enza repeatedly told herself. You’re in love with the man, but you won’t tell him because of the complications surrounding it. Enza argued with herself. So you’re broken up until you can tell Carlisle how you really feel, no big deal Cadenza. Enza stopped arguing with herself when she remembered that Edward was a mind reader.

He was looking at her with a curious expression on his face. He almost seemed amused as he looked at her. Stop reading my thoughts Edward! Enza mentally scolded him as he smiled at her and gave her a shrug like he couldn’t help it. He mouthed the word Love and looked at Carlisle as she glared at him and told him to shut it in her head.

“Cadenza, you are looking lovely tonight.” Carlisle stated as Jasper, Rosalie, Emmett and Alice were placing the food on the table.

“Oh, um, thank you Carlisle.” Carlisle smiled at her momentarily.

“Just because we are taking a break doesn’t mean that we can’t be friends.” Carlisle stated taking her hand in his.

“Yes I know that.” Enza gave him a small smile.

“What do you mean taking a break?” Jack asked looking at them from across the table after putting some food on her plate.

“They broke up, why were we not told about this?” Henry asked feigning hurt as he placed his hand over his chest.

“We are taking a break, giving each other space.” Carlisle stated as all eyes were on them.

“Isn’t that the same thing as being broken up?” Jack asked as she looked over at Enza.

“Not technically, it just depends on the couple.” Yvette stated as everyone looked at her.

“How long have the two of you been ‘taking a break’?” Jack asked looking back at Enza.

“Almost three days now.” Enza answered as Jack just continued to look at her.

“Are you still my teacher?” Renesmee asked as Enza turned to look at her with a smile.

“Oh course sweetheart, that doesn’t change just because me and Carlisle are not together.” Enza explained as Renesmee smiled.

“Okay, I was worried about that.” Renesmee exhaled liked she been so worried about nothing.

“Can we eat now? I am hungry…” Seth stated only to be hit upside the head by Leah. “Ow, Leah! One of these days I am just going to jump out of the woods and attack you!” Seth stated as everyone laughed giving into the lighthearted atmosphere Leah and Seth had created.

Jack looked at Enza for a few more moments, in her eyes she’d changed. They used to tell each other important things like that. Why was Enza now keeping secrets from her all the sudden? Jack didn’t like it and felt hurt by it. As the rest of the night proceeded there was still a bit of tension but everything went over smoothly.

The all of the guys were currently in the kitchen as the girls sat around each other in the living room telling stories and just enjoying each other’s company. Jack wrote on a piece of paper as all the females nodded agreeing to what she’d written.

“It’s awfully quite in there for eleven females.” Henry pointed out as they all agreed. Edward tired to listen to their thoughts but Bella had her shield up.

“They are planning something.” Edward stated as Jasper nodded.

“Oh and they at the least five masterminds in there.” Embry added.

“Jack is very devious.” Paul added as they all agreed.

“Combine that with Alice—” Jasper began.

“Yvette—” Henry supplied.

“Sasha—” Dave stated.

“Don’t forget about Leah or even Jane…” Jacob further added.

“But they are adults, why would adults being planning something?” Seth asked looking at the guys.

“Mate, did you forget what the young Shelia did to the girl who bit her?” Trevor asked as Seth blinked.

“This is going to be fun.” Emmett chuckled as Carlisle shook his head.

“I would like to think that Rosalie, Esme, and Cadenza would not be joining in whatever is being planned.” Carlisle breathed as Henry laughed.

“Sweetheart you do not know Enza very well, that girl is all about pranks and devious acts.” Henry laughed as Seth, Paul, Embry, and Jacob nodded in agreement.

“You should hear some of the stories that Yvette and Sasha have told us about Enza.” Paul stated.

“Or just the ones that Leah tells when they used to hang out with my sisters.” Jacob added as they four shifters and Henry laughed.

“Knowing Jack, I feel like we should check on them.” Ryan stated as Chester and Dave nodded in agreement.

“Alright then, let’s g—” Emmett started to say but was interrupted as the girls all crowded into the kitchen with devious looks on their features and their arms behind their backs.

“Get ‘em girls!” Jack yelled as they all pulled their hands behind their backs and started spraying them with silly string. The girls were laughing as they hit the guys with the string. Some of the guys chased after the girls and took one of the two cans they had and started spraying them back.

“I am so getting you back for this!” Paul laughed grabbing Jack around the waist with one arm as she squealed and he took the one can from her before putting her down and getting her back. As the cans became empty they all started laughing and pulling the silly string off them and putting it into one big ball.

Who is genius idea was it to make my kitchen a mess?” Carlisle laughed pulling what he thought was the rest of the silly string off of him. Renesmee looked around the room smiled at her aunt Alice who winked at her.

“No idea, but it was fun!” Yvette laughed as did everyone else as they continued to pull strings off of them.

“This is so gross!” Jack stated as she held a ball of silly string and then squeezed it. Enza yelled at her in Italian as the juices from the ball fell to the kitchen floor.

“Era davvero necessario Jacqueline?” Enza continued ranting on as Jack laughed before throwing the ball as Paul who caught it then threw it to Seth who continued tossing it until it got to Henry who moved out of the way and let the ball hit the wall behind him. (Is that really necessary Jacqueline?)

“Oh very funny Sasha, I am not touching that!” Henry stated as everyone laughed as Alice picked up the ball and tossed it in the trash.

“Can we please have a snow ball fight tonight? Please?” Jack pleaded as everyone looked at her.

“Honey I told you not without some alcohol in my system.” Yvette stated as Jack looked at her.

“Battleshots!” Dave fist pumped as Chester hit him upside the head.

“Idiot, we are not playing that.” Chester stated as Ryan laughed.

“Then how about we just give Yvette some tequila and then drag her outside and play?” Dave suggested as Yvette raised her eyebrow at him as Embry laughed and pulled the last piece of string off of her.

“Dave Honey, Tequila doesn’t make me play in snow that makes me play in bed.” Yvette stated making both Dave and Embry blush.

“Uh, I am officially embarrassed.” Jack stated as everyone laughed.

“Are you always so open about your sexual encounters?” Jane asked looking at Yvette as she shrugged.

“It’s a beautiful thing, why be bashful about it?” Yvette asked as Jack smirked.

“She’s bashful when you ask her what her and Embry talk about or mention—”

“Is this really necessary?” Rosalie asked as Emmett chuckled.

“It’s entertaining babe.” Emmett stated as Bella shook her head.

“Only you Emmett find things like this entertaining.” Bella stated as he grinned.

“Almost as entertained when we talk about you and Edward’s sexual encounters.” Emmett stated as Bella glared at him.

“Daddy?” Renesmee looked up as Edward shook his head at Emmett before picking up Renesmee.

“I think it’s time for bed sweetheart, tell everyone goodnight.” Edward stated as she wrinkled her nose.

“Goodnight everyone.” Renesmee stated as everyone chorused a goodnight.

“I think we should be heading out also.” Enza stated as they all began saying their goodbyes to everyone. It was about an hour later when they finally got into the cars and began to leave. When they reached their house they decided to get into warmer clothes and have a snow ball fight. The teams were Jack, Paul, Ryan, Chester, Embry, Dave and Jane against Enza, Leah, Yvette, Sasha, Felix, Seth and Henry.

In the end, everyone ended up being on their own team and hitting everyone as they ran around the backyard with Balto chasing everyone and occasionally barking as they laughed and threw snow at each other. Right now they were all hanging around in the living room drinking hot chocolate and watching a comedy.

“I don’t get why the best friend is always in love with the main character.” Sasha stated taking a sip of her hot chocolate.

“Well this is parody movie, so the main character won’t even realize it.” Henry stated with a shrug as Yvette laughed.

“I love these types of movies, they just make fun of everything and anything.” Chester stated as Embry agreed. By the time the movie was over everyone was half asleep and going to get ready for bed. Walking into the kitchen Jack looked at Enza who was sitting on the counter with Bagheera petting her as she sipped on her hot chocolate.

“I miss you.” Jack stated as Enza looked up at her. “You’ve changed since we came here.” Jack stated setting the mugs in the sink and leaning against the bar.

“I kissed Felix the other day.” Enza whispered looking down at the melting marshmallows in her cup. “A lot has happened since we’ve moved her.” Enza still didn’t look up at Jack but felt her hand in her knee. “I’m in love with a vampire but I can’t tell him because it’s just all so complicated. I feel a certain jealousy or envy towards probably the nicest person in the world just because she was with Carlisle for centuries.” Enza sniffled as a tear fell from her eye.

“Enza it’s alri—”

“I’ve almost died and during one of those moments I wished that I was a vampire, that being one of them I could I defend myself and this thing with Carlisle wouldn’t be so damn complicated.” Enza inhaled trying to stop crying as Jack pulled her into a hug.

“It’s going to okay Cadenza,” Jack tried to soothe her as she just continued to cry. “Seriously though, kissing Felix? You could have done a lot better.” Jack whispered as Enza began to laugh as she pulled away and sniffled while wiping her eyes.

“I love you Jacqueline, and I am sorry about pulling away, I just didn’t want you to think badly of me.” Enza stated as Jack touched their foreheads together.

“Enza, I could never think badly of you! You are the older sister I never had, I could never think badly of you.” Jack smiled as Enza pulled her into a hug.

“That means a lot Jackie.” Enza breathed with a smile hugging her tighter for the moment.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading! Let us know what you think! :)

Comment & Subscribe

Image