Wild Things.

Surprises

“You’re silent,” Paul states looking to Jack. She had her eyes slightly narrowed to her food and was sometimes stabbing at the small pieces of pasta with her fork.

“You should be slurping down the food instead of…” Jack looks to him and tilts her head to the left. She raises an eyebrow and squints her eyes. “Of… I don’t know what I was about to say.” Jack laughs lightly and shakes her head.

“You aren’t angry anymore?” Paul asks with a small smile.

“I wasn’t angry. I was simply teaching the food who's the boss and why didn’t you tell me that we were playing twenty questions? I have some good ones to ask you,” Jack mumbles with a smirk.

“I know that you are capable of asking good questions but your creepy smile tells me that I shouldn’t continue or allow you to ask any questions,” Paul declares. He looks to Jack who was smiling lightly as if she was pleased with his words which made him smile as well.

“I love that you know me so well,” Jack says in a husky voice that makes Paul widen his eyes in surprise. When she sees his expression she bursts in laughter. “Your face was priceless. Jared was right, you know.” Jack uses her fork to point to his face and draws a large circle in the air around his head. “He said that your expression would vary between ‘what’ and ‘is this really happening?’

“You are terrible,” Paul mumbles with his eyes slightly narrowed and a small smile on his lips.

“You mean terribly charming,” Jack corrects him with a smirk. “Don’t make me regret inviting you for dinner.”

Paul was pleasantly surprised today. When Embry told Jack that he wouldn’t be able to have dinner with her because of the patrol Jack simply smiled and turned her attention to Paul. In the first few seconds that Jack spent looking to Paul, Paul’s mind raced as he tried to guess what she was going to say or why she was still smiling. She invited him to have dinner with her and Enza. She didn’t mutter, groan or mumble, she clearly pronounced every word with the smile still on her lips. Paul had to restrain the happiness and prevent his body from hugging her and kissing her forehead repeatedly in gratitude. It was one those rare days that Jack actually wanted his company.

When the others teased her about taking Paul home Jack simply laughed it off and said that he didn’t have patrol thus her invitation. Jacob was the one that have decided it was was more appropriate to tease Jack. He started to say in a sing-song voice that Jack liked Paul and Paul, who feared that would make Jack remove her invitation, punched his arm to stop it. However Jack wasn’t bothered by it, she pinched Jacob’s nose and said he was a bad dog that would eat in a bowl in the ground next time he had dinner with her and Enza.

Paul wasn’t sure if Jack’s behavior meant she was falling for him or if she considered him a friend. Either of them would be a welcome change to her behavior and would make the process of courting her much easier.

“You love my company,” Paul says smugly. He was expecting Jack to hit his arm as she denied those words and for the second time that day he was surprised. Jack laughed loudly and shook her head.

“I wouldn’t say that I love it. I got used to it,” Jack states with a small smile. “You’re not the boogie monster I thought you were.”

“That is the closest you’ve came to a compliment. I--”

“Don’t push your luck Lahote.” Jack interrupts him and shakes her head feeling amused by his words.

“I wouldn’t dream about it. Is there any reward for not pushing it?” Paul asks with a smirk on his lips.

“How about I won’t kick you out? Does that sound like a decent reward?”

Jack looks to her food to hide the smile that was on her lips as Paul complained about her cruelty. She pretends to ignore his words as she focused on the food still on her plate.
Last night Embry and Jack had had a conversation that made her look differently to Paul. Embry told her that ever since the day that Paul had started to chase Jack around attempting to court her, he had completely stopped paying attention to other females. He had also stopped being so self centered and now he actually helped the other shifters when they needed. Embry said it was all because of her that Paul’s behavior had changed.

Even if Jack still didn’t trust him completely she couldn’t continue with her cold front anymore. It wasn’t like she had fallen for him but she was now able to look to him as a friend and if Elliot hadn’t hurt her as he did, Jack would possibly give him a proper chance to woo her. When Jack glances in Paul’s direction, for the second time since she started pretending she was ignoring him, she realized that maybe she had some sort of feelings for him.

“I’m done,” Jack announces suddenly. She picks the plate that still had food from the table and rushes to the kitchen.

“You haven’t eaten everything,” Paul states looking to Jack with worry.

“I’m not hungry anymore,” Jack yells from the kitchen. She closes her eyes feeling scared due her sudden discovery. She had feelings for Paul? How did that happened? “Paul could you go… I don’t know go for a walk or something when you finish eating? I need to speak with Enza…”

“I already finished… I was just waiting for you.” Paul walks to the kitchen with his plate and places it in the sink. “Are you okay?”

“I’m fine,” Jack mumbles without facing his eyes.

“Jack?”

“I’m fine Paul. I just need to speak about something with Enza,” Jack tells him confidently. She even threw in a smile to prevent him from worrying because if he became worried he wouldn’t leave the house…

“I’ll let you be secretive about your conversation with Enza,” Paul mumbles looking to Jack with a small smile. “Do you want me to come by later?”

“Even if I say no you’ll come,” Jack states and rolls her eyes. “Just go for now.”

Paul laughed and kissed her forehead. Before leaving the house Enza, who was sitting watching the show, asks him where he was going. He briefly tells her about Jack’s odd request and shrugs when Enza asked him about the topic of the conversation that Jack wanted to have. When Paul left the house Jack ran to the living room with a panicked look on her face.

“I thought that your dinner was going well,” Enza states. She picks the remote that was next to her in the couch and removes the sound. “I didn’t hear you two bickering, it was a nice exchange,” She comments with a small smile. Jack became even more panicked and started to walk in front of Enza in a fast pace.

“I have feelings,” Jack declares with her eyes widen.

“Of course you have feelings.” Enza rolls her eyes but when she notices the panic in Jack’s expression her mouth becomes a wide open. “For him? You like him?”

“I don’t like him,” Jack scoffs then she sighs. “I don’t like him in a like like way. I don’t dislike him anymore… What should I do Enza?”

“I don’t understand why you are in panic Jackie. Paul is a nice guy and he really likes you,” Enza says in a calming way.

“He was just like Elliott--”

“He wasn’t Jack.” Enza sighs loudly and pats the couch signaling Jack to sit. Jack ignored her movement and continued strolling in front of Enza in a fast pace. “Paul was a horny teenager and that doesn’t make him anything like Elliott... Elliott was a grown ass man that knew very well what he was doing.” Enza narrows her eyes as she recalled the day that Jack ended everything with Elliott. “Paul is nothing like him.”

“I don’t know why he changed his attitude but what if he is still a horny teenager deep inside? What if he simply wants to get in my pants and dump me? I’m not even sure if I really like him… I know that I don’t hate him anymore and I may or may not enjoy his company.” Enza shakes her head lightly and laughs.

“You can say that you like his company… You know that saying it doesn’t mean you want to marry him.” When Enza pronounced the word marry Jack’s eyes widen in horror and she gasps. “You’re being ridiculous right now.”

“I’m not… I can’t say that because it sounds way too definitive. Besides he’s hiding something, I’ve notice that sometimes he gets nuts at Embry or Jared when they are about to say something,” Jack states. She stops walking and throws her hands in the air in exasperation. “I can’t like him. He’ll hurt me and I’ll become a crazy lady that has twenty cats and I’ll treat them like they are my kids. They’ll have human names like George.” Enza starts laughing loudly and shakes her head once again. “Do you see how insane that is? I’m also sure that I’ll name one of them Geoffrey or Jebadiah and I’ll rant nonstop about them having feelings and being the best kids--”

“Calm down.” Enza stops laughing and tries to maintain a serious expression. “I can’t give you a proper advice when you’re ranting about cats.”

“What if I choose something far weirder than being the crazy cat lady?” Jack mumbles with a defiant expression.

“Like what?” Enza asks with amusement.

“Crazy turtle lady or even crazy raccoon lady. I bet I won’t shower as well. Do you want me to have that kind of life?”

“Dio mio Jack,” Enza mumbles between laughs.

“Or worse.” Jack cringes and looks to Enza who was still laughing. “I bet that I’ll knit stuff for them. Have you imagined how hard it must be to dress a raccoon named Jebadiah?”

“Jack stop with that nonsense. Having feelings for Paul won’t make you crazier than you already are,” Enza declares with a small smile. “He really likes you.”

“How can you be so sure of that?” Jack raises an eyebrow and crosses her arms over her chest. Enza was sure because she was aware that Paul had imprinted on Jack, but she was also sure that telling that to Jack would only make everything worse.

“He wouldn’t put up with you if he didn’t have serious feelings,” Enza declares with a small smile.

“You put up with me every day and I’m pretty sure that you don’t want to hold my hand as we ride into the sunset,” Jack states defiantly making Enza laugh loudly.

“I’m family so I have to put up with you but he isn’t. If he didn’t like you he wouldn’t be around as much,” Enza tells her calmly with a grin on her lips. Jack grimaces in response and groans. “You’ll have time to think calmly about this when we are in Italy.”

“You’re right but can you promise me something Enza?” Jack walks to Enza and sits next to her. She had a serious expression and Enza simply nodded her head in response. “If I ever say that I want or need a raccoon shoot me.”

“Tu sei troppo assurdo.”

“Just do it. For my sake Enza,” Jack says tapping Enza’s leg gently. Then she gets up and walks in the direction of the kitchen. Before reaching her destination she stops. “You have to do it or you’ll be the aunt of a raccoon, you know? And your man, or vampire man, will end up eating my babies…” Jack yells making Enza laugh loudly.

~*~

“Papa,” Enza half yells as Marcello walks to her. “Come stai?” She mumbles as they hug. Marcello kisses Enza’s forehead tenderly and smiles.

“I’m great honey.” Marcello breaks the hug and looks to Jack that was glancing in every direction. “Jacqueline? Your favorite uncle is here, there’s no need to look for him…” Enza laughs lightly and shakes her head.

“Sorry,” Jack mumbles with a toothy grin on her lips. She drops the bag she was holding and hugs him. Marcello kisses the top of her head like he’d done with Enza and breaks the hug.

“She was just making sure that Lukas and Neil weren’t around,” Enza explains with a smile.

“She’s still upset?” Marcello utters after a laugh.

“I’m on to them,” Jack says with a serious expression that made Enza laugh. “After what I did last time they’ll want revenge so I must keep an eye on everything. I even convinced Enza to keep her clothes on so I can sleep on her bed.”

“Oh Jacqueline.” Marcello shakes his head and laughs.

“We were going to drop the bags in our room and look for mama. Do you know where she is?” Enza asks glancing around the atrium of the hotel where most of the family would be staying.

“In her bedroom... Her belly looks like a balloon ready to burst,” Marcello tells the girls and laughs lightly.

“Papa!” Enza half yells with a smile on her lips. “I hope you didn’t tell her that…”

“Of course I didn’t. I’ve learned not to anger a pregnant lady. Besides your mama has a mean left hook,” He adds and laughs loudly.

“I’d actually like to see that,” Jack mumbles mind absently when Enza laughs loudly she blinks repeatedly. “Not you being punched, of course. I’d like to see a pregnant lady kicking someone’s ass…”

“Just wait for breakfast… If they mess up Maribel’s order you might see it,” Marcello tells her with a warm smile on her lips.

Marcello picks Enza’s and Jack’s bags from the ground and walked them to their room. When they reached their destination he dropped the bags on the ground near the door and kissed the two girls. Before leaving their room he told them the number of Maribel’s and Greg’s room.

The girls immediately closed the door and went to the room. They knocked twice on the door before Greg appeared. He had a warm smile on his lips and hugged Jack and Enza at the same time while Maribel shouted asking who was on the door. Enza was the first to enter the room and walked to the bed where her mother was.

They spent two hours inside the room with them. The first minutes where spent with Maribel questioning the girls and scolding them for the time they had spent apart. Then it was Enza’s turn to scold her mother. Since Maribel was nearly eight months pregnant Enza feared that something happened to her mother and believed that her choice of spending Thanksgiving in Italy was potentially dangerous. Greg laughed the entire time mumbling how astounding it was to see someone else scolding Maribel for a change. Maribel quickly ended his amusement claiming that he’s spend his days in Italy sleeping on the couch to which he responded by asking her forgiveness repeatedly.

“Papa was right, you look humongous,” Enza says was she caresses Maribel’s arm.

“Your father said what? I’m not huge!” Maribel muttered with her eyes narrowed. “I’ll tell him tomorrow how things are. I’ll point out to the family that he’s becoming bald.” Enza and Jack start laughing. “Huge,” Maribel scoffs. “A temple should be built in my honor since I’m carrying a life inside of me!”

“Yes honey. I’ve told you plenty of times that if I could I would have made a parade in your honor,” Greg mumbles with a cheesy grin.

“You should! It’s your son after all! And if you--” A knock on the door interrupted Maribel. “Who is it?” She yells from the bed making Enza and Jack laugh. “Greg why are you standing there? Go open the door honey or I swear that I’ll tell you everything that’s happening in my vagina right now.” Greg immediately got up and rushed to the door.

“Mama!” Enza half yells between laughs.

“You can’t say those things. I’ll have nightmares,” Jack mumbles with her hands over her eyes. “I swear that this is one of the weirdest moments ever.”

“Don’t be like that dear. You and Enza should know what’s happening to my body so you’re ready when the time comes… Besides it isn’t like you two are innocent girls,” Maribel tells them with a small smile.

“Hey sis,” Lukas says as he enters the room. He walks to Enza and hugs her.

“Hey cousin Jackie,” Neil greets her walking to her. Jack raises her hands and makes a cross with her index fingers.

“Stay away from me devil,” she mumbles. “I’m on to you two.”

“What’s the matter Jackie? Scared--”

“Of the pay back we have planned?” Lukas says finishing Neil’s sentence. They look to each other and smirk.

“Don’t push my buttons. I know people that eat people like you,” Jack mumbles with a grin making Enza laugh.

“What are you kids doing here?” Enza asks with a smile.

“We are going out and wanted to invite you two,” Neil says after a shrug.

“We also wanted to say hello,” Lukas adds.

“Not to mention that we missed you,” Neil states with a smirk making Jack grimace.

“We did indeed.” Lukas kisses Enza’s cheek once again. He was slowly turning to Jack when she shoved a finger in his chest.

“I’m on to you.” She repeats again.

After a brief discussion the girls agreed to go out with them. They bid their farewells to Maribel and Greg and went to the room change their clothes. Neil and Lukas remained at the door claiming that they didn’t want Jack to flee. In the end Jack, Enza, Neil and Lukas joined Martina, Maria, Eloisa, Gino, Leyo and DJ in the atrium. They told the girls that the rest of their cousins where waiting for them in club and that they should hurry.

“Why do we always end up in a club?” Jack asks Enza once they reach the club. The question was soon forgotten when the rest of their cousins saw them and rushed to greet them.

“Want something to drink Cousin Jackie?” Lukas asks with a faux innocent smile on his lips.

“Go bother someone else,” Jack mutters dismissively.

“What’s going on?” DJ asks looking to Jack then to Enza.

“Jack claims that they are in a war,” Enza explains.

“It was pure cruelty what you did,” Neil comments with his eyes narrowed.

“Yeah and revenge will be sweet,” Lukas adds with a smirk.

“Our family reunions are always so exciting,” Eloisa states grinning like a fool.

“What did she drink?” Enza asks DJ that surged in response.

“Whatever it was I want some too,” Martina says after a laugh. “I’m getting a drink. Anybody wants something?”

“I’m going too.” Jack looks to Enza and smiles. “Are you coming or will you stay here with the devil spawns?” When she notices that her cousin was looking something and not paying attention she slaps her arm. “Hello? Earth to Cadenza.”

“Mi dispiace,” Enza says with an apologetic smile on her lips. “I thought I saw someone that shouldn’t be here…”

“Who?” Jack asks as she glances in every direction.

“Carlisle…” Enza mumbles distractedly as she looks for him in the crowd. Jack smiles to her other cousins that were looking to them with confused expressions and quickly says that they have to go to the bathroom. She picks Enza’s hand and drags her away from their family.

“Would he follow us?” Jack whispers glancing in every direction of bathroom.

“I honestly don’t know Jack. Maybe it’s my subconscious telling me that I miss him.” Enza sighs and runs her hands through her hair.

“If he knew that we are meeting Jane and the other dirty hormonal vampire he would certainly come,” Jack states. She opens the door of the small compartment and takes a peek outside. A group of girls try to enter and she closes the door on their faces yelling that the bathroom was still occupied making Enza laugh lightly.

“What are you doing?”

“Just making sure that we don’t have any vampire waiting outside,” Jack explains calmly. “Even if they have super hearing I bet that they wouldn’t hear our conversation with the music outside… I really hope he isn’t here. This was supposed to be our free time form our crazy lives.”

“Our family is pretty crazy as well,” Enza points out with a smile.

“Yes but they don’t howl at the moon or drink blood. They also don’t sparkle in the sun. I swear it looks something ripped off a magic mushrooms experience…” Jack rants passionately. “And I’m too afraid to ask one of them why the sparkle…” Enza laughs loudly and shakes her head.

“Do I dare to ask why?”

“I know little of vampire etiquette,” Jack states making Enza laugh once again. “What if that was a really rude question or a weird and shameful biological thing? Excuse me for not wanting to become someone’s lunch or dinner… That would depend on the time or since they never sleep--”

“Jack!” Enza mumbles between laughs. “Stop ranting because we have to go back.”

The hours flew quickly and when Jack looked to her phone she realized that it was three in the morning. She narrows her eyes slightly to screen as she tries to understand why Paul hadn’t called her a million times. She was supposed to feel relieved from his constant presence but she couldn’t help but to consider that the lack of phone calls meant that he was still the same manwhore.

Deciding that she shouldn’t spend time thinking about Paul she starts looking for Enza. Enza was dancing in one of the club’s table with Eloisa. They were as drunk and Jack was but they were being more obvious about it.

Jack was about to yell Enza’s name when she notices something odd. Leaning against the further wall from the table were two men and one of them was observing Enza. She was opening her mouth to say something to one of her cousins when she sees that the men’s eyes were golden and after a blink they both disappear. Jack rubs her eyes twice and looks again and as expected no one was there.

“Jack?” DJ asks looking to her with a concerned expression. “You’re pale…”

“Did you see two men over there?” Jack slurs pointing in the direction of the wall.

“No. Why? Did they do something to you? I can call security…”

“Nah, I’m pretty drunk so I might have imagined.” Jack laughs and looks to Enza. “It’s three in the morning party animal. We better go back to the hotel and sleep.”

“Let the music finish,” Enza yells.

One moment Jack was on a warm beach swimming and in the other she was in the ground hearing her cousin yell like a mad woman. She blinks rapidly trying to fight the dizziness from the alcohol that was still in her system so she could understand what was going on. However she soon finds her body being pulled up and a crashing sound.

“Smettere di lottare! Voglio solo dormire ... Oh cazzo! La camera da letto è distrutto. Smettere di combattere ora!” Enza says in a panicked tone of voice. When Jack realizes that Felix was almost crashing Paul’s skull she jolts from the bed.

“Stop right now!” They both stop to look to her. The movement had been to abrupt and Jack looses the strength on her legs. But instead of falling she finds herself in a cold pair of arms and hears Paul growling.

“Are you okay Jack?” Jane asks with a worried tone of voice.

“Avete visto quello che voi ragazzi hanno fatto? Jack tu stia bene?” Enza looks to Felix, Paul and Carlisle and narrows her eyes. “Cosa ci fai qui?”

“We came to surprise you girls,” Felix explains. He looks to Carlisle and Paul and snarls. “They attacked us!”

“Consider ourselves surprised! Next time try candies,” Jack mutters angrily.

“I should have forced them on their knees but I didn’t want you to wake up to their screams,” Jane comments. She places Jack back on the bend and Enza quickly places her hand over Jack’s head.

“Screams would have been better than this,” Jack mumbles after a sigh. “What will we do now?”

“I’ll take care of it,” Carlisle quickly says.

We,” Jane coldly corrects him. “We are in Italy after all.”

“I still want an explanation!”

“After we make sure that the humans know nothing about this,” Felix declares and walks to the door of the bedroom.

“I’m going as well!” Enza affirms and gets up of the bed. She looks to Jack with worry then she moves her attention to Paul. “Take care of her.”

The three vampires walk out of the bedroom ignoring Enza’s words but she follows them despite that. Once they left the bedroom Jack covered her eyes and told Paul that he could shift back to his human form.

“I don’t have clothes,” Paul whispers. Jack quickly pulls the bed sheet till it was released and tosses it to him.

“Cover yourself and start explaining why you and Felix were fighting.”

“Carlisle was fighting as well. I think that he deeply dislikes that leech,” Paul points out. He finishes warming the sheet around his body and gently taps Jack’s leg.

“Why are you and Carlisle here?” Jack half yells with frustration.

“We wanted to make sure that you and Enza were fine… This place is too close from Volterra and we were afraid that the Volturi tried something… That’s also why we attacked them immediately.” The words leave his lips in a hurry as he tried to calm Jack down.

“Whose idea it was to come here?” Jack asks with a demanding tone.

“I called Carlisle once I heard your plans to come here. We’ve been planning this for a long time now…”

“What the fuck Paul?! I know that they are bad but Jane and Felix are actually pretty great… We’re friends--”

“If Aro ordered them to turn you they would,” Paul yells as his body starts to tremble with the rage. “Don’t fool yourself Jack, they are not your friends they are beasts! Carlisle agrees with me on this one and he knows them. They can’t be trusted!”

“You know what?” Jack responds with the same tone of voice. She gets up from the bed and shoves her finger on his chest. “It’s really rude to judge people before you actually know them. Yes, I’m aware that they answer to Aro and that probably they would do as he says however that doesn’t give you the right to follow me around. And if I get bitten for thinking that we’re friends so be it! It has nothing to do with you!”

“Stop being so stubborn.” Paul moves his hands to Jack and violently shakes her. He stops when he hears a yelp. “I’m sorry Jack.”

“It’s really funny, Paul…” Jack moves her hands to the place where Paul’s hands had previously been and rubs her skin. She felt her flesh tender and she was almost sure that tomorrow she would be bruised. “You say that they are beasts but the one that’s losing control is you.”

“Like you’re acting like a rational being right now. Let me see your arms,” Paul demands making Jack glare. “Let me see it Jack!”

“No!”

“What’s happening here?” Enza asks opening the door. She looks to Jack and to Paul. Both of them had their faces slightly red, not like they’ve been caught doing something remotely sexual, but like they had argued. She moves her attention to Carlisle who was looking to the ground. “Why did you and Paul came here?”

“We were worried for your safety.” Carlisle tells her looking directly to her eyes making a pink shade appear on Enza’s cheeks. “Since we aren’t a couple I feared that if I invited myself it would seem odd… I didn’t want to make you feel uncomfortable Cadenza.” He murmurs turning his intense gaze to the ground.

“Screw both of you,” Jack half yells. She takes a big breath of air and looks to Enza. “Did you resolve the situation of the bedroom?”

“They had called because of the noise.” Enza glances in every direction and points to the ground.

“Figures why we didn’t receive the call,” Jack mumbles rolling her eyes.

“We convinced the human that we had thrown a party and that was what caused the noise. I offered to pay but since it had been Carlisle’s fault he was the one that bribed the human. Felix is just stealing the key to the bedroom next to this and will replace the furniture,” Jane calmly explains.

“I just wished that for one day I could—Wait!” Jack claps both of her hands and smiles. “I didn’t see him naked! There’s a bright side to this. Hum, I wouldn’t even see his hairy self if they didn’t come here.” She dramatically throws her body to the bed. “This is totally unfair…”

“We have to hurry,” Felix says entering the bedroom. “The next shift starts in half an hour and they can notice that this key is missing.”

“What time is it?” Jack asks opening her eyes.

“Four thirty.”

“I fucking hate you,” Jack yells looking to Paul who started to beg for her forgiveness.

The day was horrible to Jack. She did not only have a hangover but was sleep deprived. And since her family most of the time was speaking in a normal, loud tone near her she found herself cringing a lot. Although Enza had slept as much time as she or even little since when Jack followed by Paul crawled into one of the beds she was still speaking with Carlisle. Felix and Jane after the fight left the room to hunt not without first promising the girls for a visit before their departure. Paul and Carlisle weren’t happy but they accepted it as long as they were also present.

Jack was fighting the urge to yawn and throw her body to the ground to sleep during the entire dinner. Her cousins, Lukas and Neil, jokingly accused her of not being able to handle the consequences of drinking like a De Luca. Jack simply muttered a few angry words and when Maria asked her why she wasn’t chasing the boys around the room she blamed her lack of energy.

~*~

“This time no fights,” Jack mumbles after a yawn. She and Enza had left the Thanksgiving dinner and were back on their room where the vampires and shifter were waiting. She looks to Jane and Felix that had serious expressions and yawns again. “You look like a bouncer,” she states as she walks to the couch.

“You should sleep,” Paul says tenderly taking a seat next to her. He removes her shoes and when Jack doesn’t complain he smiles.

“Maybe we should let you girls sleep,” Felix says glaring in Carlisle’s direction. “We can always visit you in Forks,” he adds with a smirk.

“No,” Carlisle says sternly.

“It isn’t a decision for you to make,” Jane points out. “We do not respond to you Carlisle.”

“Yeah, you can’t order us around,” Felix declares making Paul growl.

“Behave like civilized people or get out of our bedroom,” Enza said with the same tone of voice she used for misbehaved children.

“That’s going to be hard Enza… They aren’t people.” Jack mumbles and laughs at her words. “That was funny.”

“You really need to sleep Jack,” Paul says with a loving smile on her lips.

“You’re right,” Jack looks to Felix and Jane and smiles. “I’m afraid that dream land is calling me and I really have to answer.” She stops speaking to laugh. Enza places her hand over her lips fighting the urge to laugh at Felix and Jane’s confused expressions. “I’ll see you whenever you pop out of thin air like you usually do.”

“We will go as well since Enza seems as tired as you Jack.” Jane looks to Jack and then to Enza. “We shall speak in a different occasion…”

“Yeah, be ready for a surprise visit,” Felix adds with enthusiasm.

“Doggie take me to bed.” Paul groans but does what she says feeling radiant since she no longer was angry at him. “You stay with me and make sure that no one watches me sleep. Hum, not even you are allowed to watch me sleep and I’ll know if you do.” Enza starts laughing capturing Jack’s attention. “I forgot that there were people here, well… That Enza and our sparkly friends were here. Goodnight guys.” Jack mumbles waving her hand. Once she stops Paul starts walking in the direction of the bed. “You know the rules pup.”

“The rules?” Carlisle asks Enza with his an eyebrow raised.

“She made a set of rules regarding how they should sleep together,” Enza says with a smile on her lips due her cousin’s silliness. “According to Jack, not that Paul does anything to contradict her, he is her slave and as a slave he has to follow some rules to make her happy. One of them is that Paul has to remain covered at all times.”

“I miss being around you,” Carlisle whisper when he hears Felix snarl as Enza coughs. “I mean… I miss being around you and Jack during dinner…”

“You’re welcome to join us for dinner Carlisle. We are friends,” Enza points out.

“Yes, we are friends.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback is loved and much appreciated!

Image