Wild Things.

Arguments and Truths

Jack glanced one last time in Paul’s direction and after a loud angry groan she follows Enza into the kitchen. The stupid argument over the bracelet replayed on her mind and she couldn’t help but to wish she was strong enough to punch Paul and leave a bruise. A huge purple bruise preferably on his face, which in Jack’s mind, would stop him from wondering about her bracelet from that point onward.

Over the last few days the urge of getting the bracelet off of her wrist had increased. Every time she glanced in its direction or heard its twinkling sounds she grew annoyed. She wanted to stomp the damned thing into the ground and burn it. She wished she would never see the bracelet again, that one day had made her so happy. She could recall the sly smile on Elliott’s lips when he gave her the bracelet. They were still in the hotel bed when Elliott announced he had to get something.

“Who’d say that an oldie like you had so much stamina?” Jack asked teasingly as she watched Elliott grope the pockets of his pants. He stopped briefly and looked to her with a dazzling smile that made Jack’s heart pounce in her chest violently.

“Once I find it I’ll show you the full extension of my stamina,” he huskily told her and then returned his attention to the contents of his pockets. He made a small victorious sound and turned his face to Jack that was observing him with curiosity. His hand was firmly holding something that Jack couldn't see but with him smiling like he was she didn’t even bothered trying to discover. “I wanted to give you something to celebrate.” Elliot was still sitting in the edge of the bed watching Jack.

“What are we celebrating?” Jack crawls till her body was pressed against his and plants a soft his on his shoulder.

“Today makes two months that you had detention with me,” he tells her after a soft chuckle. “You were so angry.” He laughed once again and shook his head lightly. “I remember you arguing with me when I tried convincing you to go to the nurse. No matter what I said and my threats to force you to have detention til the end of the month you didn’t budge or stopped arguing.”

“You were being an ass. I was fine, you know?” Jack presses her face in his neck and smiles brightly.

“You were bleeding.” Elliott shakes his head and laughs once again.”At least you allowed me to put something in your hand. You complained until I finished if I recall it correctly, but at least you allowed me to do so. When I asked the reasons behind the fight you almost bit my head off. You made quite an impression on me Jackie.”

“Are we celebrating the day we met?” Elliott nods his head once and Jack had to fight the urge of laughing loudly. “It’s a thing a teenager boyfriend would do.”

“Are you mocking your elder’s young woman?” Elliot asks with a smile on his lips. “As I told you before teenager boys are too immature for you. You deserve a man.”

“Yes, because a man wouldn’t try to hump me as much as the boys my age would.” A playful growl escapes from Elliott’s lips. He quickly moves his body till he was above Jack. The hand that wasn’t holding her gift moves to hers and he pulls it till it was above her head.

“When you look to me like that I tend to forget what I want to do and the only thing that crosses my mind is having my way with you,” Elliott whispers making a blush appear on Jack’s face. “Now, allow me to give you my gift so I can do it so. Think of it like a token of my appreciation and affection towards you Jacqueline.”


Those memories had once meant a lot to Jack. She used get happy whenever she thought of it but now it wasn’t the same. Every time she recalled Elliott she would feel dirty and used. In some ways it made her feel like a child that had tried to play with an adult. She didn’t feel like that because Elliott was older, no, his age had nothing to do with it. She felt that way because adults usually know more than children and they can easily deceive them to get what they want.

Ever since Jack discovered that she liked Paul she knew that one day she’d have to tell him about Elliott. However she hoped that he was still the same womanizer he once had been so she didn’t had to pour her heart to him. Because of Elliott Jack was unable to fully give Paul’s change a chance. Partly because she was afraid of his reaction once he found out about Elliott.

Enza’s footsteps broke the trance. She looks to Enza that had an apologetic smile on her lips and sighs.

“He’s being infuriating again,” Jack mumbles looking to her wrist. Paul words were exaggerated, her wrist wasn’t that bad. “This piece of trash refuses to let go of me. I tried everything Enza, everything!”

“Calm down.” Enza smiles looking to Jack and walks to her. She gently removes Jack’s hand that was fumbling the bracelet form her wrist and squeezes it. “You should ask for his help.” When Jack opened her mouth to disagree Enza shushed her. “He’s stronger than us. Now help me set the table.” Enza taps Jack’s shoulder twice and smiles.

“Why do I have to be the one setting the table? He should do it,” Jack complains narrowing her eyes to Enza. “Come here miserable dog! You are setting the table!” Jack yells making Enza laugh.

“Be nice Jack.”

“I’m gonna tell that to you whenever my baby cousin make a havoc.” Jack makes a pause and looks to Enza’s stomach with a smile on her lips. “We’re going to have a great time annoying your momma when you come out of there, baby.”

“Keep saying that and I won’t let you near him or her,” Enza mumbles with amusement.

“How many dishes should I take?” Paul asks softly looking to Jack. She immediately turned his back to him and walked out of the kitchen.

“Don’t let that discourage you Paul,” Enza tells him placing a hand over his shoulder. “I’m sure that everything is going to be fine.”

“I just want to understand why she lost her mind over that stupid bracelet of hers.” Paul sighs once again feeling annoyed. “How many dishes Enza?”

“Leah and Embry will join us--”

“What the fuck!” Jack yells making Enza and Paul rush to the living room. Jack had one hand over her heart and the other was pointing in Carlisle’s direction. “You almost gave me a heart attack!”

“I called you twice Jacqueline,” Carlisle says gently with a concerned expression. “I give you my word Enza,” he adds looking in Enza’s direction. “She was there mumbling under her breath and when I said hello she yelled.”

“Damn right I yelled!” Jack spats with rage. “You popped out of nowhere! And I bet you did it on purpose too. If I could I’d make all vampires wear a bell, it would prevent you from scaring innocent humans--”

“Don’t pay attention to her Carlisle; she’s in a terrible mood.” Enza smiles and walks to Carlisle that immediately relaxed. She gently kissed his lips provoking a smile on his face.

“I second that,” Paul mutters receiving a glare from Jack in response.

“How nice of you V-man… First you scare the hell out of me now you’re making out with Enza. Forget what I said baby,” Jack mumbles under her breath as she walks to the kitchen. “Stay inside of Enza’s tummy as long as you can.”

“Oh Jack,” Enza says after she stopped laughing.

“Where are you going?” Paul asks following her.

“I’m sorry if I interrupted something,” Carlisle tells her with uncertainty as hears Paul and Jack argue over who would take what to the table. “I wanted to discuss something with you and Jacqueline.”

“I told you that I’ll be the one taking the cutlery!” Jack yells with anger.

“And I’ve told you that I won’t let you near a knife till you calm down.” Carlisle and Enza heard some noises in the kitchen that told them that Paul was trying to prevent Jack from going near the cutlery.

“Even if I stab you with your stupid dog genes you will heal in seconds!”

“They are being louder than usual,” Carlisle comments as he follows Enza into the kitchen.

“I’m not afraid of you stabbing me. You might hurt yourself.” As Enza and Carlisle had tough Paul was in front of the drawer fighting Jack’s moves with one hand as the other was firmly pressed against the wooden structure to prevent it from opening.

“Enough you two,” Enza half yells as she walks to them. “I’ll be the one taking the cutlery to the table.”

“So now what? Are you going to prevent me from taking the glasses as well?” Jack narrows her eyes making Paul sigh loudly.

“What the hell got into you? Why are you so mad all of the sudden because of a bracelet?” Paul asks in an enraged tone that inflamed Jack’s annoyance.

“Why do you keep bring it you? Do I ask about the girls you’ve slept with? Or if you stole their underwear?” Jack yells clutching her hands.

“What does that have to do with anything?” In the middle of their argument someone knocked on the door.

“Will you open the door for me Jack?” Enza asks feeling that it was a good distraction. Their bickering hadn’t stopped and from her point of view it was getting out of hand quickly.

“Sure. Anything to get away from him,” Jack spats as she walks to the door making a lot of noise. She quickly opens the door and once she sees it were Leah and Embry she walks away leaving the door open.

“Jack?” Embry mumbles following her inside. He was concerned with the angry look on her face.

“What’s going on?” Leah looks directly to Enza that was setting the table with an apprehensive expression.

“She is mad at me because I asked a question,” Paul growls narrowing her eyes to Jack. He honestly didn’t understood why she was so mad and since he had never been a calm person, he didn’t know how to act.

“You just won’t drop it will you? Fine Lahote! It was a gift from someone I used to love. Someone that was an ass like you, someone that used me,” Jack spats with anger. Once she realized what she had side her right hand moves to her lips and she looks to Enza with a frightened expression. “Oh fuck.”

“I’m sorry Jack,” Paul rushed to her side to find himself being slapped.

“Let’s go in the kitchen, okay.” Enza had walked to Jack puts her arm over her torso and gently pulls her away. “You need to calm down before you do or say anything you regret later, okay?”

“I didn’t want to speak about it,” Jack whines softly as she starts to cry. “I just wanted to forget all about Elliott. Why couldn’t he shut up about it?”

Leah immediately followed Enza to the kitchen trying to discover the reasons behind of the scene she had witnessed. Embry glance in Paul’s direction before deciding if he should follow the girls or calm him. However Paul didn’t needed to be calmed down. His expression was a mixture between surprise, confusion and pain.

Like Embry, Paul had never heard anything about Elliott. Not once had Jack or Enza mentioned him and he was unsure of what had happened between him and his beloved Jack. He had never seen her so angry before and now he regretted deeply asking her about the bracelet. He cringes when he recalls the expression on Jack’s face just before she slapped him. She looked right into his eyes and he could she flashes of hate passing through her eyes. The only thing that was going through his mind while he saw Embry entering the kitchen was his fear of losing Jack.

In the kitchen Enza was doing her best to calm Jack. Jack deeply regretted speaking about Elliott and nothing that Enza, Embry or Leah said seemed to distract her. Saying his name out loud had made her break. The only thing she could think about was how easily fooled she had been and as she replayed the memories of him she started to cry even harder. It wasn’t in a soft and gentle way; she was crying and sobbing at the full capability of her lungs occasionally cleaning her tears with Embry’s huge warm hands. A voice in her mind blamed her for being in that position, blamed her for losing her mind at the mere mention of him and, nevertheless, blamed her for allowing him to have such a power over her.

“We are going to have dinner and no one will speak about this,” Enza tells her softly. “Go to the bathroom and wash your face while we finish setting the table.”

Jack weakly nodded and cleaned her tears once again. She walked pass Carlisle and Paul with her eyes firmly placed on her shoes and quickly reached the bathroom. She promptly locked the door behind her and sobbed once more while she shook the thoughts from her head. Splashing cold water into her face she took deep breaths while she repeated in her mind Enza’s words. No one was going to speak about this, they were just going to have a quiet dinner and forget the argument. Even so, she didn’t seem to be able to move from the bathroom.

“Dinner’s getting cold,” Enza told her softly. “I’ve warned them to remain silent and the promised they wouldn’t say a thing.” Jack moves her hand to the key and unlocks the door. Once the door was open she launches her body to Enza and hugs her as tears started falling from her eyes once again. “Everything is going to be fine Jack.”

“Thank you Enza,” she whispered not letting go of her cousin. Enza gently squeezed her shoulder and broke the hug.

“You can do this,” Enza told her reassuringly.

“I’m kind of hungry.” Jack followed Enza to the table were everyone was silently waiting for them. Paul had a guilty expression and was firmly holding his fork that was slightly bending.

“I always feel awkward when Carlisle is in the table with us,” Leah mumbles once Jack and Enza sat.

“Leah! That’s not nice,” Enza scolds her with her eyes narrowed.

“I wasn’t being mean on purpose hooker, calm down. Is just that everyone is eating and he isn’t, not that I wanted it. Instead he looks to you and I don’t know if he wants to bite you or bite you.” When Leah finished ranting Jack was laughing loudly.

“Non so cosa c'è di sbagliato con voi due,” Enza says shaking her head slightly pleased with Jack’s laughter. “I’m sorry Carlisle. I tried to teach Jack good manners and Leah, well, Leah was a lost case from the beginning.”

“I was a pretty innocent and gentle girl before your arrival. Your hooker ways turned me into this.” Leah shoved another piece of meat into her mouth and used her fork to point to Enza that was smirking. “You should be pleased that I don’t wear whore shoes unlike some people that I know.”

“Oh really? Then why did you asked me to lend them to you the other day?” A victorious smirk was on her lips and Jack, Embry and even Carlisle were laughing.

“Oh shut up,” Leah mumbles with a blush on her cheeks.

“Didn’t you have something to tell us V-man?” Jack asks suddenly preventing Enza from speaking.

“I had forgotten already, thank you Jacqueline.” He moves his attention to Enza and smiles lightly. “Edward made a suggestion the other day--”

“If his suggestion was a paternity test I swear I’ll drag my ass to your house and give him a piece of my mind. I might even take a… a crowbar. And we’ll see how invincible he is then,” Jack ranted with annoyance making Enza laugh lightly.

“You will do no such thing Jack.”

“Why the hell won’t I? They’re being dicks with this,” Jack adds.

“I don’t doubt Enza’s word--”

“If you did the least of your worries would be the crowbar. I’d get a bazooka,” Jack says cutting him off.

“Where would you find a bazooka Jack?” Enza asks between laughs.

“On eBay of course. One can buy all sorts of things on the eBay,” Jack tells her calmly with a smile on her lips.

“I wouldn’t let her use it on you Carlisle,” Enza tells him with a warm smile.

“I feel better now,” Carlisle states. “Your laughs weren’t very reassuring and I was suddenly worried with the idea of exploding.”

“Can vampires even explode? Should we experiment? I saw one the other day on eBay that had a discount,” Jack muses out loud suddenly making Carlisle eyes widen and Enza laugh. “Just joking V-man.”

“What was Edward’s suggestion?” Embry asks once he finishes eating.

“We have a friend named Eleazar--”

“Did he know Noah?” Jack asks interrupting Carlisle that looked oddly to her.

“Noah? Maybe he knows someone named Noah... I don’t fully understand your question Jacqueline.” Carlisle admits making Jack roll her eyes.

“I thought he was from Noah’s time, the Noah that built the ark with the animals and stuff. Well he has to be or his mother didn’t really like him. The poor thing must have been bullied ‘cause of that name,” Jack rants making everyone with the exception of Paul and Carlisle laugh.

“I don’t know what to say regarding his name and your assumptions.” Carlisle makes a small pause and shakes his head lightly. “Eleazar will be able to tell you what your gifts are.”

“Somehow I don’t think this is going to end with someone giving Enza and I presents. It will involve some old bearded man--”

“They are trying to help us Jack. Thank you Carlisle,” Enza says turning her eyes to Carlisle.

~*~

Jack and Enza were returning home from the supermarket. Jack was currently trying to convince Enza to call Henry to ask for his cookie recipe and that in loved Jack ranting about how good the cookies were. When they left the car Enza stopped laughing at Jack’s antic and stared to their front door with a confused expression. Instead of complaining about the attention Enza wasn’t giving her, Jack’s eyes followed Enza’s and when she saw what captured Enza’s attention she gasped loudly.

“Who is that?” Enza asked slowly feeling even more confused. The man removed his eyes from the ground and looked to Jack. First he seemed angry but quickly a smile appeared on his lips as he started walking in Jack’s direction. “Chi è? Perché sei così paura? Stai ascoltando me Jack?”

“Elliott?” Jack whispers looking to the man that had gotten very close to her.

“Oh Jacqueline. Do you have any idea how hard it was to find you?” Elliott murmurs as he throws his arms around Jack’s waist. “Why haven’t you contacted me? I was so worried Jackie… Never run away like that.” Jack was limp in Elliott’s arms and her mind was completely blank. She knew she should push him away and slap him for all the kisses he was planting in her neck, shoulders and head. But somehow she wasn’t able to do any of those things.

“Sei Elliott? Bastardo!” Enza wacked him with her purse and the man quickly let of her cousin looking slightly frightened. Enza narrows her eyes and mentions with her hand that she was going to hit him once again with her purse making Elliott walk backwards. “Si dovrebbe andare ora se si sa cosa è bene per te!” Enza yells making Elliott stare since he didn’t understand.

“I just want to speak with Jacqueline Miss,” Elliott says in a calm and composed tone of voice raising his hands.

“No!”

“It’s okay Enza,” Jack said as she finally regains the ability to speak again. “We’ll speak and then we’ll be out of here. I’ll never see him again—”

“Jackie—”

“You should shut up and follow me inside Elliott.” Jack states as she starts walking to the door. When she was near the door she looks to Elliott and starts speaking again. “Enza already doesn’t like you and you don’t want to make it worse. She might look like a nice lady but when she’s mad… Let’s just say you should follow me inside quietly.”

“Sei sicuro, Jack?” Enza mumbles unsure. Her hand was still clutching her purse and if Jack said she had changed her mind she would force the man to leave their house.

“What is she saying?” Elliott asks Jack lowly glancing in Enza’s direction.

“That she knows people and they’d hide your corpse where the cops would never find it,” Jack mumbles with a smirking making Enza laugh lightly. When she looked again to Elliott’s face the smile vanished and she rushed to the door.

“You are joking… Right?” Elliott asks following Jack inside. Jack shrugs in response.

“You’ll never know.” Jack walks to the living room while Enza goes to her bedroom. Before walking upstairs Enza glanced one last time in Elliott’s direction and glared. “Tell me whatever you came here to tell me so you can leave.”

“I came to get you Jacqueline,” Elliott states making Jack’s eyes widen. “You are mine Jackie and you belong next to me. These months have been horrid; no matter how many girls I had I couldn’t forget you—”

“Was that supposed to be romantic?” Jack half yells clutching her fists. “I’m not going anywhere with you. It’s over Elliott, over!” On that moment Enza rushed downstairs with a bat on her right hand.

“Sta finito di parlare?” Enza glares and walks slowly to him.

“Why do you need that Enza?” Jack asks pointing to bat that was firmly in Enza’s hand.

“Potrebbe venire in mano ...” Enza shrugs. “Ma lo è? Se noi lo butteremo fuori adesso?” Elliott was glancing in Enza’s and Jack’s direction trying to understand what they were saying. The fact that Enza wasn’t speaking in English was scaring him a bit.

“No. Let him finish saying whatever speech he had ready.” Jack sighs tiredly and looks to Elliott. “Speak.” Enza groans and walks to the kitchen not without first mumbling that she wanted to kick him out.

“Come with me Jackie. I love you and I know that you never forgot me—” Jack and Elliott were so focused in their argument that they failed to notice that two people had entreated the room and were watching them.

“Quite the assumption Mr. Walker,” Jack says in her coldest tone of voice. “I’m afraid to break it to you but you aren’t anything to me. You aren’t my teacher or friend—”

“You can’t be serious Jacqueline!” Elliott’s hands move to Jack’s arms and he shakes her. “I know you love me, I’m the first man you ever loved and I’m not going anywhere until you agree to come with me.” On that moment Paul, that was trembling with rage, walked to the man and pushed him off Jack.

“Now you’ve done it,” Embry mumbles looking to the man as he walked to Paul that was growling. “Calm down man. She isn’t going anywhere.”

“You found a boyfriend Jacqueline?” Elliott asks with disbelief plastered in his face. When he noticed Jack’s stunned expression and the way that her eyes were narrowing to the young man he started laughing. “She never quite liked teenagers. And she’s mine.”

“Shut up Elliott,” Jack hisses. She looks to Paul that was trembling as if he was ready to shift. “Let’s not wreck the house…” she says calmly looking to Paul that wasn’t paying attention to her. Enza that was leaning against the door frame smirking as she let go of the bat.

“Sarebbe per una buona causa …”

“You’re the adult here… Be an adult Enza,” Jack says with exasperation.

“He’s also an adult and he took advantage of you. Paul can tear him into little pieces for all I care,” Enza states as she narrows her eyes.

“That’s a lie Miss De Luca. Jack and I love each other and we are going away from this mad house right now!” Elliott spats with anger as he picks Jack hand. Paul lunges in his direction, tackling him. He stood above Elliott smiling in an inhuman way.

“Get off him Paul! It’s really a bad day when I have to act like an adult,” Jack nervously says as she pulls Paul. “Why couldn’t we just get home and do cookies like I wanted? Why did you have to be here,” she adds looking to Elliott. “And why don’t you stop growling. I hate when you go in your dog state. He isn’t food Paul and you can’t eat him.”

“I don’t want to eat him,” Paul states in a raspy voice. “I want to kill him.”

“Let’s calm down,” Embry tells Paul with a panicked tone of voice. “We don’t want to kill anyone…”

We don’t, but I do.” Paul declares as he starts smiling in the same manner as before. “I’ll make this problem go away Jack… He’ll never bother you again.”

“This isn’t a love story boy,” Elliott states as he gets up. “You aren’t a hero saving the damsel from a villain. Jackie is mine.”

“That’s enough Mr. Walker,” Jack yells capturing the attention of the people inside the living room. “You should get out of here right now. We’re done talking and you’re making everything worse.”

“You will come with me Jacqueline--”

“She isn’t going anywhere.” Paul puts himself between Jack and Elliott and glares. “And you should listen to her or this will end badly for you.”

“You have no idea to whom you’re speaking—” Elliott’s words are interrupted by Paul’s laughter.

“If you knew what I’m capable off you’d be crawling back into the dark hole you came from right now. I don’t want Jack to get angry so I won’t do a thing if you go right now. But if you ever dare to think of coming for her again I’ll hunt you like an animal. And trust me on this one man, nothing will give me more pleasure than to sink my claws in you.”

“Enough with the graphic stuff Paul. Go away Mr. Walker, there’s nothing here for you,” Jack says sternly.

“Elliott, you should call me Elliott. You know how I hate when you call me Mr. Walker,” Elliott mumbles. “We belong together Jackie, we’re two of a kind.”

“No, we aren’t. The day I found you inside your office with that girl and you told me that you had more, I stopped being yours. You used me and you’ll never use me again—”

“I’ve told you that they meant nothing,” Elliot spats. Paul’s hands clutch and he starts growling again. Jack to calm him and to prevent herself from crying again so she pressed her hand on his back and sighed.

“You’re insane. Of course it meant something. You broke my trust and now I’m afraid of ever falling for someone again,” she mumbled softly with her voice cracking. When Paul heard her he moved his body and hugged her making Elliott hiss.

“It’s okay Jack. I’ll kick him out for you so you never have to see him again,” Paul whispers against her hair.

“Jack doesn’t want to speak with you. It’s time for you to leave our house before I call the police,” Enza says sternly.

“They are being nice, you know?” Embry tells him with a harsh tone of voice. “They could kill you right here and no one would give a damn about you. If they didn’t want to have their hands dirty Paul and I would do it for them. Or she,” Embry mumbles pointing with his head to Enza. “Could call her boyfriend and he’d have a snack. Well not him, but I bet Emmett would love to taste human blood again…”

“You’re all insane.” Elliott looks to Jack and sighs loudly. “This isn’t over Jacqueline.”

“Yes, it is. Because the next time I see you it will be the day you die,” Paul mumbles darkly. He picks Jack from the ground and looks to Enza. “I’m going to take her to her bed.”

Enza and Embry dragged Elliott out of the house as Paul took Jack to her bedroom. Paul tried to calm her but nothing he said seemed to do the trick. They stayed in silence til Enza called them for dinner but Jack didn’t move from her bed. Paul, Enza and Embry did her best to force her out but she convinced them that the only thing she needed was to sleep, so they left her alone.

Once Paul finished eating he went to Jack’s bedroom to kiss her goodbye since he had to go on patrol but she was already sleeping. Before leaving the house he made Embry promise that he wouldn’t leave her side and Embry obliged since he was as worried as Paul. So Embry went to Jack’s bedroom and sat down watching his friend sleep.

It was a while before midnight when Jack woke up from the bed. She screamed when she saw Embry sleeping on the bed making him wake up.

“What the fuck?” Jack mumbles as she tries to tame her breathing.

“Are you fine? Did you have a nightmare?”

“What? No. You scared me,” Jack tells him with annoyance.

“I know you don’t want to talk and I have now a pretty good idea why you don’t let Paul in—”

“Embry!” Jack narrows her eyes warning him that she didn’t want to speak about that. “As you said I don’t want to talk, so please don’t.”

“Paul isn’t Elliott. And he would never ever hurt you. He loves you Jack,” Embry tells her almost sternly ignoring what she had just said.

“He what?” On that moment Jack jolted from the bed and started to feel panicked.

“He loves you,” he repeats more softly. “And he would rather die than to see you hurt,” Embry continues ignoring the increases of panic in Jack’s face. “Just give him a chance Jack… You and he need to get your shit together and start dating. I swear it’s driving everyone to madness…”

“Our shit together?” Jack mumbles with disbelief.

“Yeah, it’s getting ridiculous. It’s clear that you two like each other! So for fucking sake give him a chance!”

“You never use that language Embry,” Jack mumbles with a small smile on her lips. “For mine and Paul’s fucking sake? God, you can’t say that shit.”

“You got my point,” Embry whispers with his cheeks flushed. “I love you Jack and I don’t want to see you hurt. If Paul had bad intentions I’d be the first to tell you to get away from him. But he loves you. You should have seen how he was during dinner. Enza and I had to convince him to stay here instead of chasing Elliott. He wanted to kill him for hurting you…”

“That’s a bit creepy but,” Jack murmurs hiding her face in her hands. “It’s nice to know he wanted to hurt Elliott for hurting me…”

“Enza is with Carlisle in her bedroom, probably doing—”

“Hey what’s the worst it can happen? She’s already pregnant,” Jack tells him with a smirk on her lips. “You’re a pervert though. I don’t get why you brought up Enza’s and Carlisle’s sexy time…”

“I’m not,” Embry half yells with a redder blush. “I was going to suggest that you go to Paul’s house right now and well… do whatever you guys have to do.”

“You still sound like a pervert. I guess you’re right though, I should speak with Paul.”

Jack went to her desk and quickly scribbled a note for Enza, telling where she’d be and with whom. She and Embry left her bedroom and before leaving the house she left the note above the table. On the way to Paul’s house Embry was a bit worried that they started arguing again, so he told Jack that he’d wait outside until she Paul patched things up. He also wanted to see the look of happiness in both of their faces.

The walk there was in most part done in silence. Jack was feeling really nervous because she didn’t know exactly what she should tell Paul. There was also the concern that Embry had exaggerated and Paul not feeling like Embry had told her that he felt. When Embry stopped in the corner of the street and gently pushed Jack in the direction of the house, she took a deep breath of air and walked to Paul’s house trying to ignore her never. However something caught her eye and the nervousness turned into rage. She started almost marching to his house and knocked violently on the door.

Once Paul opened the door he got slapped. He blinked his eyes several times trying to understand why Jack was there slapping him.

“You’re an ass you know that? I came here to share my feelings and—urgh! You’re an ass Lahote!” Jack spats with rage as she tries to hit him once again. Paul caught her hand and pressed another over her lips since he didn’t want his parents to overhear them.

“Why am I an ass this time Jack?” He whispers in her ear as he tries his best to make her stop wriggling in his arms. He moves his head to the living room where his father was and glances quickly in Jack’s direction. “I’m going now!” He says loudly.

“Who was it son?” His father asks without moving.

“Jacob,” he mumbles quickly. “We’re going to check on Jack. See you later.” He says in a rush to prevent more questions and gets out of the house, pulling Jack with him. Once they were far enough from his house he lets go of Jack receiving a glare. “What did I do?”

“What did you do? Are you fucking kidding me Paul?” Jack narrows her eyes to him and groans. “I should have stayed in my bedroom. I’m going to kill Embry too; he told me all these things that made me want to come here and… For what? I hate you!”

“You aren’t making any sense Jack,” Paul says calmly as his worries increases. “I finished patrol twenty minutes ago and I was going to leave my house to go to yours. I can’t see what I’ve done to make you slap me… Please tell me what is going on?” he almost begs as he walks slowly to her.

“So you’re going to play dumb? I know we weren’t dating but I’m pretty pissed. You can’t sleep with other girls while you bug me nonstop about a date! That’s shitty, and Jaws? Jaws of all girls here… You had to sleep with her again? You know I hate her Paul! I’m going to kill her too!”

“Oh.” Paul stood in front of Jack with a stunned for a moment then he started laughing. He moves his arms and hugged Jack that tried to kick her way out of his embrace. “You’re cute when you’re jealous… I didn’t have sex with Jaws, I found her in my bedroom and made her leave it… Since my dad was still up I couldn’t exactly walk her to the front door. If I did I’d never hear the end of it…”

“I don’t believe you,” Jack mumbles as she continues to get free of his arms. “I saw her fixing her clothes! You’re an ass, a big fat hairy ass!”

“Listen to me Jack. I swear I didn’t touch her, the only girl I want to touch is you and I’d really appreciated if you stopped moving like that. It’s kind of hurting me,” Paul tells her softly. She ceased the movement making him smile and plant a kiss on her face. “And I’m serious. I didn’t touch her. I’d never betray you like that Jack, I really like you.”

“Embry told me that you loved me and that we had to get our shit together for fucking sake,” Jack mumbles against his chest. “I didn’t quite believe him and I don’t want to be hurt again Paul. I like you but you’re a lot like Elliott—”

“I’m nothing like him,” Paul groans as he breaks the hug. “That guy is an ass and I don’t understand what you saw in him. He’s completely insane. I’d never hurt you like that!”

“Yeah, ‘cause men are known for their fidelity. I’m hard to get along with and I know someday you’ll get tired. And I’m also pretty sure that once I give in you’ll move on to the next girl,” Jack spats as she glares. Part of her felt sad because this wasn’t how she had pictured speaking with Paul. In her mind it would have been easy, with no argument and especially she would have never saw Jaws.

“You’re completely wrong.”

“Pff. Why’s that?” Jack asks with a mocking tone of voice as she places one hand above her hip.

“I imprinted on you Jack,” Paul half yells. Jack that didn’t understand what he meant tilted her head to the side and blinked her eyes.

“Imprinted? I don’t know if I follow…”

“Of course I had to yell it in the middle of an argument—” Paul mumbles angrily.

“Oi! Don’t speak with the voices on your head, I want to know what you meant with imprinted!”

“Now you’re going to get even more pissed at me, I bet. I’m probably going to get slapped again and you’ll disappear before I have the change of telling you how much I love you,” Paul rambles with rage. The day was being terrible for him. First Elliott, then finding Jaws in his bed and now Jack yelling at him once again.

“Just tell me,” Jack demanded with a stern tone of voice.

“The shifters have something to help them find their soul mates,” Paul mumbles softly as he got mentally ready for a scream or a slap. “When they see their soul mate the world almost stops and the only thing that matters is she or he. And from that moment forward we devote our lives to make our loved one happy… Hey…” Paul blinks his eyes in surprise. “You didn’t slap me,” he adds with a loving smile.

“It’s some sort of potent love at first sight thing?” Jack asks ignoring his sudden happiness.

“I guess… That’s imprinting and I imprinted on you… You aren’t mad?” Paul mumbles as he walks to her. Jack also walks to him and throws her arms over his neck.

“Yeah, I’m mad.”

“You don’t seem mad to me,” Paul states as Jack rubs her head in his chest.

“You should have told me but I should have also told you about Elliott, so we’re even. Beside’s I’m tired of being angry and fighting you every step of the way. I just want to be happy now.”

“I’ll make you happy then.” Paul kisses Jack passionately and once they break apart they smile to each other. “So tomorrow we’ll go on a date?”

“You wish,” Jack mumbles as she kisses him again. “You got a lot of making up to me before we go on a date Lahote.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I wanted to thank everyone that read, subscribed and commented the story so far. Especially JustThinking for always leaving comments that made me and venture;; smile. I also wanted to take the time to thank venture;;. Man, she is awesome, haha. This whole experience of co-writing with is being wonderful, not only because she a great writer but also the time she takes to make these brilliant banners. Sometimes I swear I get like a kid that's high on sugar, haha. But yes, Thank you venture;; for everything :3

Image