Thursday's Child

tomakeadreamcometrue

She gets home from work and just wants to go upstairs and sleep. Today has been just so fucking difficult for her and she feels emotionally drained. The conversation last night didn't help one bit, but she refuses to dwell on it. She has messed up for so long and she has to finally try and accept it and allow Daniel to be as angry as he wants because he has a right to be.

However when she goes to head up stairs she hear her mother call her from the sitting room. With a sigh she heads towards the room and stands in the doorway, arms across her chest and an annoyed expression on her face. It feels like she has been in this position far too often as of lately. Most of it was her fault but some of it was all down to her mother and how she keeps trying to control her life.

"Be polite and come into the room, Piper," her mother scolds when she sees her daughter in the doorway. The girl just shakes her head and stays standing where she is. Taylor's on the sofa and his mother's sitting on the same one as her mother. The two that she despises were on the same sofa, how convenient.

Taylor gave her a big smile and stood up, going over to where she was. She looks at him in question. "Guess what," he says. "I found us a place."

She looks at him in surprise, not quite believing what he had said. "Really?" she asks.

"Absolutely."

"So... we're moving out?" she says hesitantly. She doesn't want to get her hopes up just for him to tell her that they aren't moving out and that she has to continue living with her parents. Living with him would be so much better than living with her parents, even if she is marrying him. She could live with that and almost everything that comes with it as long as she manages to get away from her parents.

He laughs and wraps his arms around her. "We're going to be living with each other, Piper. Just the two of us," he confirms and kisses her softly on her lips. She finds herself kissing back in happiness before she pulls away.

"Can we see the place?" she asks him.

He raises an eyebrow. "Now?"

"Why not?" she retorts which gains another smile from him. That tells her that she will get what she wants so she gives him another small kiss before she goes upstairs and dumps her college stuff on her bed. Taylor's waiting for her at the front door when she descends the stairs, and for the first time she grabs his hand before they leave the house. Not only was she happy that she would finally be able to get away from her mother, but she was also happy with Taylor for providing her with a means of escape.

The house, she finds out, is twenty minutes away as they walk the journey. On the walk she finds out that he has actually put down a deposit on the house before he told her, something that she doesn't like but doesn't say anything about. He was already assuming things and going ahead with decisions without her permission, but she will bring that up later. Right now she doesn't want him to go back on the decision to rent a house for them to live together.

They reach the house and he pulls out a key to unlock the door. "Where did you get that?" she asks. She knows that he put a deposit down on the house, but surely that didn't mean he would be given a key to go in whenever he wants.

"I put a deposit down, Piper. This house is ours to live in," he explains and she just stares at him. She knows that that isn't how it works even though she hasn't lived in any house other than her parents' house. It's just something she knows.

"How long have you known about this house?" she demands because she knows that there's something that he isn't telling her. Of course it was obvious because seeing a house for the first time and putting a deposit down didn't warrant getting given the key for the property, not at all.

He sighs and turns away from the door. "A while, okay? I've known about this house for a while and I've spoken to the landlord a few times before now," he confesses and she just can't believe him.

"Are you serious, Taylor? You knew about this house for a while and you didn't bother to tell me? Are you fucking serious?" she fumes, her happy mood now gone. It didn't matter that he has done something that she has wanted for such a long time, no, all that matters was the fact that he had kept it from her for that long.

"I don't see what the big deal is, Piper. We have a house to live in and you're away from your mother. I thought you would be happy about this," he exclaims in frustration. She just sighs and pushes past him, going into the house. He just didn't get it.