Thursday's Child

tobehappy

When Piper wakes she's in a surprisingly good mood. She doesn't know why exactly, but she just accepts it and gets up for the day. It's been a while since that trouble with Daniel and so far she hasn't heard a single word from him. She still hasn't figured out a way to fix their relationship, but she's still working on it.

Today's a Saturday and she doesn't have college or work so she stays in her pyjamas as she walks around the house. She skips breakfast and just settles on the sofa to watch something on the television. She doesn't really take that much notice of it, but she's watching it to pass the time. Taylor's still in bed and she's got nothing to do today so she doesn't quite know what to do with her good mood.

She continues watching the television for roughly two more hours until Taylor comes slowly plodding into the sitting room and crashes down on the sofa next to her feet. He turns and lies against her, yawning as he does so. "What you doing up so early?" he mumbles, evidently not wanting to be up but having got up because the other side of the bed was empty.

"Dunno. Think my body thought it was college or something," she answers and he groans lightly. "I'm in a good mood, if that helps."

They haven't gotten any better or any worse since the trouble with Daniel, instead they went back to how they were before then and neither of them has said anything about it. Of course Piper wouldn't even if she wanted to, but that's besides the point.

Taylor sits up on the sofa and looks at her. "Really?" She nods. "Do you want to start our Christmas shopping? I know it's only the beginning of November, but it's better to do it before everything goes."

"Alright then," she agrees and they both get off the sofa and go and get ready to go out. They leave twenty minutes later and head into town. They don't have a list of what to buy who or even who they need to buy presents for, but if they see anything that they want to get a certain someone then they could just get it and cross that person off whenever they made the list, if they ever did.

They go in and out of shops, looking for things to get and just having a general nosy like they normally do. It feels good for once because she's in a right happy mood and is actually enjoying the company with him. They pass through the shopping centre and come across a photobooth. Taking advantage of her good mood, Taylor pulls her towards it and pushes the curtain back so they could both step in.

"I don't know," Piper mumbles, shaking her head.

"Just one photo," he assures her. She sighs but goes into the booth. He sits down and she sits on his lap so that they can both be shot in the screen. He goes through his pocket and finds the money, pushing them into the slots before he sorts out the settings for the photo. Piper slaps his hand away and takes over, making it so that there were no effects on it like he wants and that they're only taking four different pictures.

For the first one they just smile at the screen, allowing the light to flash and then approving it on the screen. Then for the second one he decides to turn and kiss her cheek right before it was taken so that Piper couldn't move her head. He approves the picture before she could decline it and they take their third one where they're just looking at the screen with smiles. Feeling like she should take advantage of her good for a bit for the fourth photo, Piper turns slightly and kisses Taylor on the lips, allowing the screen to capture that picture before she pulls away and confirms it.

They exit the booth and wait for the photos to print. She doesn't feel anything about what she just did, after all it was only a kiss, but she knows that he likes the fact that she just kissed him first. Normally it's him kissing her and her just accepting it. She's not one for affection, especially with Taylor.

When the photos print, Taylor grabs them and slips them into one of the bags he's carrying before they continue through the shopping centre. He was going to make sure he makes copies of the photos so that he would always have proof of a day like this. Also because they're some of the only photos he has of Piper, so of course he's going to make sure he won't ever lose them completely.