Thursday's Child

tolose

"You're joking me, right? Someone tell me that you're fucking joking me," she exclaims as she looks around the room. Her mother and Allison look up from the catalogues they have spread across the table. Bridal catalogues.

"What's the matter now, Piper?" her mother asks and the girl throws her arms up.

"Seriously? Are you fucking serious?" She closes her eyes and takes a deep breath before she opens them again. "Where is Taylor? He's here, right? Obviously he is considering she's here," she says more to herself before she turns around and yells his name. He appears a moment later at the top of the stairs and descends them quickly.

"Piper, what's the matter?" he fusses and she just rolls her eyes. Fucking typical. She gestures to the room where their mothers are and he looks in. He frowns slightly before looking back at her. "I don't understand."

She gives an exasperated sigh. "Why the fuck are they looking at Bridal magazines?" His expression shifts to one of understanding. "And when the fuck have we ever spoke about the wedding?" He smiles lightly at her and she doesn't get just what he finds amusing. He grabs her hand and leads her into the kitchen before he closes the door to and faces her. The girl folds her arms across her chest and looks at him expectantly. "Well?"

"First of all, calm down, Piper. Okay?" he tells her and she just looks at him. "Are you calm?" She rolls her eyes but nods nonetheless. "Your mother and mine are looking at the magazines because I asked them to. Now before you say anything, hear me out. You're busy with work and college for the most part, and I'm busy trying to find us a place together, so I figured the best thing for us to do would be to place the responsibility on them for the wedding. They did offer, after all. And to clarify, we haven't spoken about the wedding -I know that, honestly I do, Piper- but your mother told me about how you've wanted a summer wedding since you were younger so I decided to go with what you want for the date. Well, the time set, anyway. We have no date yet because we need to make sure the day's clear first."

Piper just stares at him while he speaks, almost unable to grasp what he is on about, and just how he had the fucking guts to do something like that. When he finishes she struggles with what to say without letting her temper show. "What... Taylor, okay, just what? We've only just gotten engaged and you already want to plan the wedding? Are you fucking insane? I'm still in college, Taylor, and I'm still going to be come this summer. I don't want to get married while in college. That's just too fucking much because I have exams in the summer, hard exams which I have to study for so I don't fail them again, and I do not want the stress of a fucking wedding on top of them," she seethes, unable to contain her anger over what her mother's done.

He reaches out to her but she brushes him off. "And my mother, Taylor, my mother is a fucking controlling woman. She doesn't want what's best for me, and I certainly would never tell her about what I've wanted in life," she tells him with a bitter tone. He realises just how much she doesn't like her mother with those words, something that he's never been too sure of before.

"Oh, Piper," he coos as he reaches out and wraps his arms around her. This time she doesn't brush him off, but instead just lets him hug her. "Okay, we won't have your mother planning it, and we won't have mine either, but I really don't want to wait. I've seen some of my friends get engaged with someone, and sure they seem like a perfect couple, but they want to wait two-three years until they're married and by the time those years pass, they're not longer together. And, just, I don't want that to happen to us, Piper. I don't want that time gap when things can happen which separate us," he explains. "If we have the wedding in the August then you'll be out of school, that way you won't have the stress of the wedding on top of your exams."

She sighs and knows that the only way she'll change his mind is if they argue, and right now she's not in the mood to argue with anyone. Her mother just pushes it too far. She pulls away from him. "Fine, we'll have it in the August, but if I fail my exams then you know the reason why I won't be at the altar," she tells him before she turns on her heel, pushes the door open and disappears down the hallway. She goes upstairs and locks herself in her room. This has become beyond a fucking joke now, and she knows it.