Status: finished.

Slightly Bruised and Broken From Our Head on Collision

Caught Up In The Spotlight, Shaking From The Stagefright.

My back creaks when I sit up, and it takes a moment for me to remember where I am. When I remember I smile and grab some clothes to change into for school, only when in the bathroom sorting my hair I remember that today is the day.

Today is the fucking day.

I run out bashing into a shirtless Alex while doing so,
“Sorry, OMG today... assembly, singing, fuck, forgot... you remembered?” he looked amused, and scratched at his neck.

“Yeah I remembered, now can I get into the bathroom or we’re gonna be late and unable to perform at all.” I smile at him and move aside, watching as he walks in rubbing the bottom of his spine. I turn and desperately try to find everything I need, but it’s like trying to find an impossible thing in an impossible place and we have to run to catch the bus.

“Why am I so unfit?” Jack almost wheezes as he gingerly sits down on the swaying bus. Instead of answering Alex just smiles and carries on reading the lyrics for Drops of Jupiter. He says he knows it and now it’s just to stop him from panicking, but I don’t think he does to be honest. Jack looks up and taps the seat next to him and Alex throws himself into the seat
“I thought you’d never ask!” he smirks, and I just look at the floor. I’m comfortable standing thanks I think to myself. Jack notices and gives me his puppy eyed apology look. I ignore him. I look out the window and watch us pull up to the grey building that normal people call school, but I like to call the madhouse. The bus shudders to a halt and the bus driver hits the button to open the door with such force, I wonder what’s made his day so bad already. I jump off the bus and pull Alex’s hand; we go to the practice room where I first really got to know him and grab our guitars. I try to talk to him about Kyle but he says not today, not now. So I leave it.

We practice for the whole 30 minutes before assembly, and I tell him he’s going to be amazing. I’m so nervous I can feel my heart in the inside of my ribs, and then we wait behind the side curtains and wait. And wait. And listen to the crowd laughing at something the head of year said. And wait. And finally it’s our turn. As we walk out and take in the school hall, I shake. The crowd seems unending and it’s a horrible feeling with that many eyes watching your every move.

“Fuck” Alex mutters and I whole hearted agree. And with a look and a couple of starting chords we start playing.

Now that he's back in the atmosphere
with drops of Jupiter in his hair, hey
He acts like summer and walks like rain
Reminds me that there's a time to change, hey
since the return from his stay on the moon
He listens like spring and he talks like June, hey, hey

Alex seems in his element as he sings alone.

But tell me, did you sail across the sun?
Did you make it to the Milky Way
to see the lights all faded
and that heaven is overrated?

He lets me sing alone and my voice sounds too loud to me, but the crowd seem to like it and wave their arms. I smile at my guitar.

Tell me, did you fall for a shooting star?
One without a permanent scar
and then you missed me
while you were looking for yourself out there?

We sing together and I know we’re singing about different people, we’re in different situations and that we’re never going to be exactly the same, but at that moment I swear we were infinite and like reading each other’s minds we join in at the same time.

Now that he's back from that soul vacation
Tracing his way through the constellation, hey
He checks out Mozart while he does Tae-Bo
Reminds me that there's room to grow, hey

Now that he's back in the atmosphere
I'm afraid that he might think of me as
Plain old' Jane told a story about a man
Who was too afraid to fly so he never did land

He sings alone again, and I watch him as he closes his eyes and leans against the mic stand.

But tell me, did the wind sweep you off your feet?
Did you finally get the chance
to dance along the light of day
and head back to the Milky Way?

He looks at me and I sing alone again, putting my all into this because I suddenly understand how much it means to him.

And tell me, did Venus blow your mind?
Was it everything you wanted to find?
And then you missed me
While you were looking for yourself out there

and we sing together, putting our all into it.

Can you imagine no love, pride, deep-fried chicken
Your best friend always sticking up for you
Even when I know you're wrong?

Can you imagine no first dance, freeze-dried romance
Five-hour phone conversation
the best soy latte that you ever had, and me?

But tell me, did the wind sweep you off your feet?
Did you finally get the chance
to dance along the light of day
and head back toward the Milky Way?

But tell me, did you sail across the sun?
Did you make it to the Milky Way
to see the lights all faded
and that heaven is overrated?

And tell me, did you fall for a shooting star?
One without a permanent scar
and then you missed me
while you were looking for yourself?

And did you finally get the chance
to dance along the light of day?
And did you fall for a shooting star?
Fall for a shooting star?
And now you're lonely looking for yourself out there

We finish together and smile. I’m scared to look up but when I do I see them clapping, I see Jack standing up and whistling loudly while Rian, Matt and Zack and their girlfriends all scream along. I look to Alex and he just nods at them and walks off. I follow on shaky legs.

We get behind the stage and into the next room and I collapse onto Alex. He grins
“We did good!” He looks around as if he can’t believe where he is “We did good babe!” I laugh at his confused/overly happy expression and grab his hand. He looks at our linked hands and rests his head on my shoulder.

“Is it bad that I sung that about Kyle?” I look at his adorable face and see his ashamed eyes and shake my head.

“Sometimes, the wrong things lead us to the right places. Just because it hurts now doesn’t mean you’ll feel like this forever.” He smiles at me and we walk back to the music room and return the guitars. I have to say something about meeting Kyle; I have to tell him I’ve been in touch with the boy who stole his heart. But I don’t want to ruin his perfect moment. Not today.
♠ ♠ ♠
heeeeeeey, sorry by the way. but i'm not updating for like 3/4 days as 1) running out of material and 2) i actually have a life!!
so sorry <3 and also I know this isn't the best chapter but again RUNNING OUT OF IDEAS.
but thank you for reading, it means a lot <3