Status: finished.

Slightly Bruised and Broken From Our Head on Collision

The Shadow Of A Ghost In An Old Heart

Later that night I’m lying in Jack’s bed when we hear it. To start with it’s just a creak of a bed and a thump of a wall. After a couple of minutes we hear moans and creaking and I look at Jack smugly.
“It might not be them.” He says childishly. I roll my eyes then wince slightly as someone moans Alex’s name loudly next door. I look back at Jack and he just flicks my pony tail and laughs. We stay like that for a while, listening to next door like pervs and playing with each other’s hair. I’m just about to ask Jack how long we’ve been here for when a yell next door tells me they’ve finished. I pull Jack off of the bed and lean nonchalantly against the door frame and wait for Alex or Taylor to come outside. After a couple of minutes they both come outside holding hands. Alex looks completely rumpled with his sex hair and crumpled clothes and Taylor just looks kind of shy. Alex glares at us as they walk down the stairs and I listen as he says goodbye to Taylor and kisses him goodnight. I smile at Jack and wait until I hear the front door shut before I run downstairs.

“Looks like he likes guys then.” I say laughing and punching Alex gently on the shoulder. Alex blushes bright red and Jack comes behind me and tucks a ten dollar note into my pocket. Alex raises an eyebrow at the money, but I just laugh. We walk into the front room and I collapse on the sofa. Alex sits down slowly and winces. Jack raises an eyebrow and Alex looks up and frowns.

Alex: “you can’t talk! I found your t-shirt in the front lounge, and don’t tell me it didn’t happen because you guys couldn’t stop touching each other after,” *looks at me* “and your hips look different.”

Me: *Laughs* “I told you that your scars wouldn’t change anything. You still got some”

Alex: *blushes*

Jack: “what why would they?”

Me: “I don’t know, I told him that it didn’t matter.”

Alex: “he told me they were beautiful.” *smiles like a dork* “he kissed them.”

Me: *smiles like a dork*

Jack: *pretends to vomit*

Me & Alex: *carries on smiling like a dork for a week*

The next day I wake up at 10 to the doorbell ringing. When I hear a shout I run downstairs despite being in pyjamas. I get downstairs and see Alex pinned up against the wall by Kyle.

“GET OFF HIM!” I scream, pulling at Kyle’s arms. Alex is gasping for breath now and I can’t do anything except try and get Kyle off. I register the cold breeze coming through the front door, and something in my mind notes that it’s slowly turning to winter. Kyle lets go and watches as Alex gasps for breath. I shut the front door and grab the phone. Kyle turns to me, eyes flashing and I hold up the hand with the phone in.

“I’m calling the police.” I say, and start typing in the number. Kyle grabs my wrist and I look up at him.

“No. No you aren’t.” Behind him I see Alex grasping his mobile phone and typing in a number. I look up at Kyle and pretend to think.

“What if I want to?” His eyes flash again. He bends my arm back further and it starts to hurt. Alex’s call gets through and he says his address and not much else before Kyle turns and grabs the phone. He throws it hard against the wall and it beeps loudly then turns off. I’m not sure if he got through to the police and I’m not sure what to do. Alex is cowering on the floor holding his ribs and wheezing. I’m massaging my sore shoulder and trying to figure out what to do when Jack decides to wake up and come downstairs. He sees Kyle and freezes.

“Why are you here?” Jack asks, he sounds calmer than he looks.

“He’s seeing other people.” Kyle says, his voice rising. “He fucked someone else.” He kicks Alex. “Didn’t you, you little slut?!” he’s shouting now. I stand in front of Alex to stop Kyle hurting him anymore.

“You aren’t together anymore...?” I say, my voice sounds disbelieving. I try to control it. “Why is it any of your business? And how did you even find out?” Kyle growls at me slightly and tries to get round me. I move so I’m in the way and look at him intently.

“I don’t care.” Kyle says aggressively. “I still love him. And I saw that boy leave last night when I drove past last night, and don’t tell me it didn’t happen because I saw the way you walked after and you only ever walk like that once you’ve been fucked.”

Something in my mind wonders where Jacks parents are and I look at Kyle in disbelief. Love him? You call this love? Alex whimpers from the floor behind me and tries to crawl further away and hits the wall. Just as Kyle is about to push me out the way the doorbell goes and Jack darts around Kyle to get it. Kyle backs away from us as the door opens and three policemen come towards him. Kyle tries to fight them but they handcuff him and one man helps Alex to his feet. Alex is whimpering in fear and Kyle is screaming about betrayal and lies, I support Alex as the police wrestle Kyle out the door.

“Hunny, Hunny look at me.” Alex looks into my eyes. “Are you okay? Where does it hurt?” Alex wheezes slightly and points at his ribs. Dread starts to pool in my stomach and I call one of the policemen who are asking Jack questions.

“He’s hurt” I say desperately. “last time Kyle broke his ribs they said they weren't mending properly and that if they got hit again they might break and Kyle kicked him in the ribs and Alex can’t breathe properly and I think he’s broken a rib again and-“ the policeman cuts me off by placing a hand on my shoulder.

“Calm down. I will check him over now.” I breathe deeply and the policeman asks where it hurts, and gently prods at Alex’s rib cage. Jack pulls me into him and only then do I realise that I’m crying. Hard. I put my face in his chest and let Jack play with my hair until I calm down slightly. I watch as the police take Kyle away and an ambulance comes to take Alex back to hospital. They ask who wants to come with him and Jack pushes me forward and tells me he needs to explain to his parents and call Taylor. I nod and follow the paramedics into the van.
♠ ♠ ♠
meh i'm a horrible person i'm sorry, it gets better i swear.

i got don't panic today in the post, and i love it
just thought i'd let you know.

thank you guys for reading <3