Sequel: Close Yet Far

Anything but Ordinary

Party like there's No Clubby

(Aimee’s POV)

After how the Apple episode had gone, I figured we needed a good in-house party before Heather got home. With Heather in the Albany County Jail for a few more days, this was the perfect time to have everyone get together. We could drink without worrying about things getting out of control and I could get it all cleaned up before she could get in the way with more crap.

The house was completely empty and cleaning up before it gets messy from everyone was going to be a waste. I also wanted the food to be hot out of the oven when everyone came over so I still had a couple hours before I had to be productive.

Turning on the Xbox, I skimmed though the games and stopped my fingers on the Lollipop Chainsawcase. With a smirk, I placed the disk in the tray and grabbed a controller. A Jack and Coke sat on the coffee table next to my lunch consisting of a BBQ Chicken BLT and some left over potato skins.

Or at least that was sitting there when I had left it a few moments prior. Now only half the sandwich remained and my drink was completely gone. “Jess- don’t you have your own home and fridge of food?”

“Yeah... and?” Taking the controller as well, I realized Jess had been very skilled in the game. So I let him beat the level’s boss for me. And the next level as well.

By the time I had grown bored of Jess beating the game that Novak had dared me to finish within a week, I looked up at the clock. I was suppose to be cooking already. “SHIT!”

Racing down to the kitchen to start the appetizers, I found someone already rummaging through the fridge. “HEATHER!”

The jailbird looked up at where I stood and immediately grabbed the rest of the cold cuts before throwing them onto the counter next to the mayo and bread. “Got out a couple days early for good behavior.”

Keeping her eyes on her future sandwich, she just seemed a little down. Had she finally learned her lesson? Had hell frozen over and now she was going to be normal?

“You wanna go to the mall with me? I need a new outfit for an interview and don’t want to go alone.” She had an interview? Seriously, I was starting to get scared. Like drag her ass to a lab for DNA testing scared. “There’s nothing going on tonight … right?”

I felt like a piece of shit. The party was to celebrate a Heather-free PA and now she was here and asking. “Nah, it’s cool. Let me grab my bag and keys.”

Bolting up the stairs, to the living room I grabbed what I needed and walked towards Jess. “I’m having Abbey come early to start cooking. This is no longer a “Heather’s gone” party. Tell everyone we will be back in a little bit.”

He half nodded before waving me off. “Yeah, whatever.”

“So what exactly happened?” Turning the LFA onto the interstate, I glanced over at Heather. “Kelly gave me a quick story, but why are you acting like this?”

Continuously staring out the window, Heather tapped her fingers on the window. “Don’t want to talk about it.”