Sequel: Close Yet Far

Anything but Ordinary

Warning

(Aimee’s POV)

The trip to New York had been rather interesting. Kay’s mom had pretty much been one to me for years and to have her meet Bam was a little special. The whole time we were there though I couldn’t help but realize that I was going to have to introduce him to my actual parents. To make matters worse, I had to also explain why their daughter was now on MTV. I hadn’t seen them in over a year and the idea of visiting them scared the crap out of me. Mainly because I knew they were going to run their mouths about not including them in anything, including my shopping trips. We left Chad’s house and moved towards West Chester to drop Kay off next.

The main reason I stopped going to my parent’s house was the judgment they always passed. It was ok for them to not clean up after themselves, but if I made a slight mess I wouldn’t hear the end of it. And it didn’t stop there. They always overly judged my choices in men until I broke up with them. They became best friends with my ex-fiance, which is something I never forgave them for. They were the reason I called the wedding off. My ex had disrespected them.

“So what are you guys going to be up to today?” Kay’s voice thankfully broke through my mental freak out. “I might head to the mall and do some bathing suit shopping before all the good suits are gone.”

It would defiantly take my mind off things. “I’ll join you. My old suits won’t fit.” With working out daily, I had lost a few pounds and much of my clothing was too big. “Maybe a couple more outfits for when the film crew comes back.”

Getting back to the house, Kay and I climbed into the LFA and drove off towards the mall. By the time we got back, there were a couple of police cars in the driveway. “Those neighbors are so annoying!”

Kay looked towards me then back at the officer that had emerged from the house. The somber look on his face was unnerving. Normally when they came on a noise complaint it was only to steal a couple cookies or whatever I baked that day. Stopping the car in the driveway, I rushed out and tossed Kay the keys so she could drive herself home. At the chance to drive the speeding tickets on wheels, she snatched the keys and took off.

“What’s going on?” The officer ignored my question causing me to get pissed. “Answer the question?!”

Frustration filled his features. “Someone broke in and vandalized the property. Nothing has been reported missing yet.”

I couldn’t believe the words that just came out of the officer’s mouth. Then I realized Bam wasn’t around. It was probably a prank and he was hiding because he couldn’t lie to me even if he wanted. But something about how the officer was acting made it seem so real. “Where’s Bam then?”

“He’s going through the house with Officer Keller.”

Shoving past the small officer, I ran inside and saw Paul and Bam going over a list they made together. I was going to yell at them when I saw the damage all around me. It was so surreal. The picture Bam and I had put up of our group by the fucked up Christmas tree was smashed along with one of my guitars. Looking at what was actually ruined, it seemed to be just my stuff, or things pertaining to me and Bam.

The list of things Paul started reading off caused tears to rush out and down my face. Who could have done this?

I didn’t have to wonder for long. Soon Novak came out of Bam’s office and shook his head. “It was Tammy.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the first chapter that we'll probably post for a little while. We are introducing a new writer, Goldgirl15, to our story so we are getting her up to speed and dividing chapters between the three of us. We'll be on a short hiatus. (hopefully short) Stay tuned!