Sequel: Close Yet Far

Anything but Ordinary

Girls Gone Shopping

(Aimee's POV)

It was so hard to believe that we were leaving on our trip in less than 24 hours. Course that meant I had also forgotten to pack. But not to fear, the rest of the girls had dragged me out for a day of shopping at the half a mile long mall known as Crossgates. “I NEED to go to Spencers again!” Everyone looked at Heather as she bolted into the store.

“What is wrong with her?” Amid sat on a bench only to have little Mel join him. “I'll watch the cupcake.”

Going in after Heather, we walked into the store and looked around. At first I couldn't spot her, but they had a sale on Pirates of the Caribbean merch, and with Clubby in her normal mall gear, it was hard to distinguish her from the mannequins. “What are you doing Clubby?” Cautiously, Kay walked to her. “You already have more bags packed than the rest of us, do you need more?” receiving a nod, Kay shook her head.

“I gave up a couple years ago.” comforting my friend, She smiled before seeing a huge pimp glass.

Since the rest of the girls seemed happy enough roaming the store, I figured it was a good idea. Strolling around I stopped and looked at a few things, but once I saw a 'Caution: Beer Stealing Ninjas' sign I couldn't help but stop and laugh. It was so true with all these girls.

“I took your advise.” that statement was not something I was use to hearing from any of them. “I looked at housing inside Philly and also got a transfer approved for work.” Jaimie smiled widely. “I have some appointments lined up for the last day we are down there.”

She had more done than me, and my store was opening before Halloween. Was probably going to need to get work done on that. “Kay has to get back up early that day to get stuff together for her party or something.” it was once described to me all the things she had to do that day, damned if I remembered what it all was. “So maybe let her car load shoot back up here and we can go find living accommodations and cheese steaks.”

“I LIKE THIS ONE!” Heather's voice filled the whole store. Learned to ignore her though, would only make her worse. Feeling something ping me in the back of the head caused me to turn around quickly though. “I'm bringing this to West Chester!” holding the Bart Simpson sling-shot over her head, I knew I had something else to hide before the trip. Already had to hide her bb gun.

Finally making to our dinner reservation, the hostess took us to our huge table. Thankfully it was a Thursday night and the place wasn't too busy. “Hi! My name is Mand, short for Amanda!” a perky as hell waitress came to our table. All I wanted to do was slam my head into the table. “What can I get you guys to drink?” her voice got higher on every last word of her sentences. This was going to be a long dinner.

“With that kind of introduction, a whiskey sour.” With her head in hands, I was happy Kay was as equally annoyed.

“Two!” holding up two fingers I watched Mand start to write “As in two of them for each of us.”

The rest of the girls ordered their drinks and of course Clubby ordered her rum. “Ok, I just need some ids guys!” smiling she walked over to me first.“OK! I'll be back guys!” Raising a brow as she looked over my NY license I listed the ways I could kick her ass before anyone could stop me. Mean why was I the only one to get id-ed?

Silence met our table for a few moments, which is rare with a 6 year old with us. And Mel being there too. “So.” Kay played with her hair for a second before continuing. “I can't believe we are going to be in PA tomorrow!” clapping her hands together caused both Clubby and Mel to clap relentlessly. Why, had no idea. “Ok ...” Waiting for the two to quit, she eventually spoke again. “I'm just happy we are going to have a relaxing weekend in Pennsylvania with all my girls!”

“But I'm not going to be there Aunt Kay!” Mel spoke up with a pout on her face. She wasn't the only one upset. “I have to go to Daddy's house!”

Amid sat next to her visibly equally upset. Didn't think it was for the same reason. “I'm not a girl!”

While half the table debated how Amid was more feminine than the rest of us, Kelly started a different conversation on our end of the table. “So you all packed to move down to Pennsylvania next month?”

Shaking my head I avoided eye contact with Kay across from me. “I haven't even started looking for a place yet. Let alone tell the roommate.”

“I'm taking her apartment shopping with me.” Jaimie rescued me from the girls causing me to send a smile her way.

“You are going to need a place lined up within the next two weeks.” Kay moved to allow the waitress to place her drinks down. “I still think the whole reason you are moving is to be closer to West Chester.”

Even as the waitress gave her a drink, Heather stared at me from all the way down the table. “How is moving to Pennsylvania getting you closer to Westchester? Westchester is in New York- Wait you are moving?”

“West Chester is a town in Pennsylvania. It's where we are going tomorrow Heather.” Kay informed her in-between sips. “Assuming you haven't told anyone at this table who your new friend is down there huh?”

Kicking her under the table, she kicked back. Was going to have to talk about moving out of Albany with Heather or talk about meeting Bam … “Guitar Center is relocating me to Pennsylvania to be an area manager once they get there complex up and running, but until then I'll be the store manager at a location in King of-”

“Subject changer.” Kay muttered with a grin on her face. Sighing I guess I was going to have to talk about both topics.