Sequel: Close Yet Far

Anything but Ordinary

The Ride from Hell

(Kay’s POV)

I had decided to use this night to show off my new King of Prussia outfit… the one Amid had to go back to Express to buy after my fight with Chad. It was embarrassing to think about how I’d gotten the outfit, but I had to admit I looked hot in it. The dress was made of black lace with a black slip underneath. It had a high neck and was short sleeved with the hem coming down to just above my knees. It hugged my hips in all the right places showing off my natural curves. I didn’t bother with nylons. It was a warmer night than we’d had in a while and I was going to take advantage of it.

Pulling my new leopard print pumps onto my feet, I stood up to take in my appearance. To finish the outfit, I had put a thin studded belt around my midsection. I’d done my light auburn hair in soft waves to accent the lighter highlights throughout it. I decided to forgo jewelry and instead just wore the smoky eye shadow that I knew made my green eyes pop.

I was going to show Amid I could have fun as a single woman. I didn’t need a man to be happy. I had been single for only six months. I needed to enjoy the single life before settling down in another relationship. Guys were too complicated and the last thing I wanted in my life was complicated.

The only problem was I didn’t know how to be single. There was a secret to it I hadn’t unlocked yet and it really irritated me. It wasn’t as easy as I’d thought it would be. I was hoping this party at Bam’s bar would end up helping me unwind enough that I actually enjoyed not being attached.

The phone on the nightstand rang. Confused, I walked over to answer it. “Hello?”

“Is this the McCluskley-Brannigan suite?” The desk clerk said on the other end.

“Yes it is.” I said, not really getting the point of the call. “Is there something you needed?”

“Oh, yeah. I was to let you know by Mr. Margera that your ride is here. If you and your party could come to the lobby, your driver is waiting.”

The kid hung up the phone right after delivering his message and I stared at the receiver before getting the energy to hang it up. What the hell? I thought to myself. Mr. Margera?

Grabbing my simple black clutch from the bed which held my ID, the room’s key card and some cash, I left the hotel suite. Once in the hallway, my guard was up. I had no idea where the others were and I was beginning to worry for the rest of the stay. We might be kicked out of the hotel by the end of the night the way the day had progressed. I had made it to the elevator without incident.

Then it happened.

Clubby appeared out of thin air. Literally… one second she wasn’t there and then… she was. It was the most frightening thing I had experienced in a very long time. Not only that, but she pushed her way into the elevator with me wearing an outfit I never thought I’d ever see her in. She wore a navy dress with knee high heeled boots and her blonde, still braided, hair was pulled back into a ponytail. She looked normal… well as normal as the girl could be.

“Heather?” I asked in pure fear at the sight in front of me. “What the hell are you wearing?”

Clubby smiled before spinning to make her dress fly up in the air. “Isn’t it pretty? I found it in Eva’s stuff.”

Now it made sense. “So you stole clothing from our foreign friend?”

“It’s not stealing.” She said with a pout. “I just borrowed it.”

“Of course. Just borrowed it to spill drinks on?” I asked with a smirk.

Clubby smiled back as if she was glad I finally got it. That had to have been the longest elevator ride in my entire life… and it was followed by the longest bus ride of my life.

Once the doors had opened, Heather ran from the elevator car and into the lobby where the rest of our group had gathered. The girls had pulled out all the stops with their best clothes and shoes. Amid was dressed in a button down shirt and jeans. He looked extremely handsome. From the sight of Eva and Megan eying the gay man as well, I wasn’t the only girl who thought so.

Amid noticed the looks and shot me a strange expression. “What is everyone looking at?”

“It’s too bad you’re gay.” I said with a shrug and smile.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” He asked as I walked away to join Kelly by the reception desk. He didn’t like me ignoring him and instead of saying anything else, he huffed and walked to where Jaimie was eying the desk clerk. Poor kid was nervous as hell. The woman was a fucking vulture.

“Ladies!” A loud booming voice said catching the attention of every person in the room. The man was shirtless, but the fact that he had a huge beer belly didn’t take away from his presence. He wore a cape around his shoulders that swept the floor as he walked towards our group. A top hat sat upon his head and the darkest makeup had been painted around his eyes. His jeans were probably a little too tight, but the sight of him made me grin like an idiot. His long dark hair fell past his shoulders. It wasn’t Halloween, but then again, the man didn’t know the difference between Halloween and any old regular day. If Clubby had a role model, I’d have to say this man came as close as a person could get. He bowed before us and waved the scepter he was holding towards the automatic doors of the hotel lobby. “Your chariot awaits!”

“Who the hell is that?” Amid muttered to Jaimie although everyone was so silent they heard him clearly.

Hearing his comment, Clubby turned around to face the poor man. “Who the hell is this?” She screamed as if she weren’t in a public place of business. “This is HANK FROM HELL!”

Hank looked pleased at Clubby’s reaction. Holding out his hand to her, he gave her the biggest of smiles. “Come my dear. You will be the Queen of Helldom tonight.”

Shrieking like a child with candy, Heather grabbed his outstretched hand and skipped to the bus that loomed outside. Amid looked stricken at the thought of riding in a bus with not only Clubby, but this strange man. I couldn’t help, but enjoy it.

“This is going to be amazing.” I said to Kelly as the rest of us followed the Royal couple of Hell.
♠ ♠ ♠
I want to give a shout out to heartagramlove for all of her wonderful comments. We love you doll! <3