Sequel: Close Yet Far

Anything but Ordinary

A Sane Roommate Exists

(Aimee's POV)

Playing some random riffs, ones I had made up of course, I couldn't help but hear rustling outside the front door. Hoping Heather was still stuck up in New York, I walked to the door to see what the hell was going on. Just the other night there was someone puking outside while walking back to their apartment. Poor college kids. Peaking through the glass door, I had to look a couple times to make sure I was seeing it right. “Kay? A surprise visit?”

“How about an extended surprise visit?” getting her in and out of the cold, I noticed the fact she had even less stuff then I brought down. “I just can't stand Albany anymore.”

Smirking, I turned the coffee pot on. “You know better than to even ask.”

Getting all her stuff in was easy, rearranging the apartment was far from it. Giving Kay the bigger room, I took my clothes and put them into the office's closet. Then I moved everything out of the office and into the living room as I wondered what to sleep on. “KAY! We have to go bed shopping!”

“Are you sure you are fine in the small room?” Kay hopped into the Mercedes as the wind swept her door shut. October was rather mild, but November seemed to be making up for it.

Blaring the heater, I turned on some Ten Year Vamp to listen to. It had been over a month since I had seen Debbie and I was missing her. As 'Never Know' played, I started nodding to the music. “I'm always coming late anyways with work and Bam filming. You do banking so it makes since you would be in the quite part of the layout.” She didn't seem fully convinced. “Plus you are closer to the bathroom.” Receiving a smile the topic was dropped.

Picking out a simple mattress and box spring set, I quickly found a suitable platform and had it shipped to the apartment causing a race between us and the delivery truck. We won and even had stopped for lattes from Starbucks. It was only because they couldn't speed and I always do. It seemed like no time had really passed before the apartment was completely ready. Sitting on the couch, which had become surrounded by guitars, I realized I had no energy to cook and doubted Kay did either. “Should see if Abbey wants to do dinner.”

“Totally! Maybe Duffer's since we don't have Clubby. Mean the food was great, just not the insane people at the bar.” Kay continued on about how embarrassing Heather was that weekend as I texted Abbey. “Should say we were going for a rock-n-roll living room if anyone asks.”

Showing up in her Toyota Camry, Abbey offered to drive out to the pub and seemed to be rather excited that I texted her. It translated in my head to the guys filming. “So, I'm defiantly ready for some sanity tonight!” Clapping as she drove, Abbey grabbed the steering wheel suddenly when her car hit a pothole. “OH MY GOD!”

“Breathe Abbey, breathe.” Kay calmed her from the passenger seat right before we pulled into the pub.

The place was remotely empty, which was an amazing thing. After ordering our meals and drinks, we waited for them to arrive. “Abbey, did you get any call backs from all those applications?” I asked in a neutral tone as the same waitress from the last time, Brie, placed our drinks down.

“Nope, but I agree with you about the guys ruining our chances.” taking a sip from her daiquiri, a wider smile formed. “Something will turn up though.”

“How did the guys ruin your chances at a job?” Kay asked then motioned to take it back after a long gulp of her Jack and coke. “Nevermind.”

Raising her glass Abbey took a steep breath “I want to make a toast.” raising our matching glasses, Kay looked to Abbey with confusion written across her face. “To Kay joining the West Chester Girls' Club.” Drinking a bunch of the whiskey I started at Abbey. “She's only the third member though.”

Rest of the meal went by with small chitchat about whatever came to mind. None of it of any real importance, just friends talking about what-if situations and such. Right after placing some cash on the table to cover the bill I heard the few people in the bar start reacting to something outside. Then the sound of laughter filled the pub causing Abbey to duck under the table. I only rolled my eyes as Kay tapped my shoulder. “What the fuck is this all about?”

“The guys are filming today.” motioning for Abbey to come back up, I pointed to the lady's room. “We can get in there and make a perfect shot outside once they are all in here.”

Making our first move, after letting the waitress know the money was on the table, we all headed right into the bathroom and sighed. The laughing got louder and the distinct laugh of Dico and Bam filled the poor bar area. Other laughter accompanied them which probably belong to the others, but theirs stood out. Making out them ordering, I pointed out the door and watched as both girls shook their heads.

Reaching the cold November air again, It felt amazing. “Don't think they spotted us.” Abbey spoke while holding her chest. “Lets go before-”

“I moved into Dico's house.” Heather had somehow managed to sneak up on us out of nowhere. I was use to it, Kay kinda, but poor Abbey jumped.

“She always do that?” Still shook up, Abbey looked to where Heather was and was astonished that the pirate was gone. “I don't wanna know.”