Sequel: Close Yet Far

Anything but Ordinary

Headstrong

(Kay's POV)

Josh's apartment was exactly how I expected it to look. Perfect and designer. I thought of the nickname Aimee had given him. The supermodel. It definitely fit his personality. Sinking onto his sofa still in my clothes from work, I glanced around and waited for him to return with the water he said he was getting. Aimee's text message had been short and sweet. I had to stay with Josh for the night. Someone had messed with her car and was hanging out around the apartment. She was staying with Bam.

Sighing, I ran a hand through my straightened hair. I didn't know what to do with myself. I hadn't really seen Josh since our disastrous first date and being inside the place he lived made me uncomfortable. It appeared too perfect. It was overwhelming.

Josh returned with two tall glasses of water in his hands. He handed one to me before sitting beside me. He looked worried and it threw me for a moment.

“What?” I asked, unsure of how to react to his tender expression.

“Is something wrong?” He asked quietly, his brown eyes searching my green ones.

“No. Should there be?” I asked instead, turning the question onto him. I hated this game.

Josh shook his head as if he knew what I was thinking. “Kay- if you're mad at me, then say so.”

I jumped off of the sofa before my mind caught up. “Fine! You want the truth? I'm hurt that you laughed at me when I fell alright?”

Josh's eyes widened in shock at my outburst. “What? Why?”

“Why?” I repeated in disbelief. “Did you seriously just ask that?”

Josh stood up with me now. He wasn't angry, but he was definitely upset. “Kay I thought we had fun the other day. But then you wouldn't answer any of my messages and now today you ask to come over and stay the night. What the hell is up with you?”

I refused to give in. I wasn't at fault here... right?

Crossing my arms over my chest, I turned away from him. I wouldn't let him see me this way. He was pushing every button I had to make me unhappy with him and I didn't understand how he managed to do so. I was a pretty chill person... how could one man do this to me? I thought back on the first time I met Chad and how quickly he had turned me into an angry psycho. The thought almost made me smile.

“Kay- tell me how I can fix this? I...” He stopped speaking as if he were going to choke on his words. I couldn't help it. I turned around. The look on his face broke my heart. He looked lost... helpless. What was I doing? I was turning into my ex, Ethan. I couldn't be that kind of person. “I really like you. Just tell me what to do.”

I couldn't say anything. I didn't know what to do. All I knew was I was being stupid. I needed to take a chance. If I didn't, I'd be alone forever. I dropped my arms to my sides and took a step towards Josh before I could talk myself out of it. I knew what was going to happen before it did.

I reached for him and placed my hand on his cheek. Our lips touched lightly and suddenly we were kissing. I didn't know if I would regret this or not, but at the moment, all I cared about was getting rid of this horrible feeling in my gut. I felt empty and I didn't want to be alone anymore. Josh's hands wound into my hair and he pulled me closely as if I would run if he let me go. Maybe I would, maybe I wouldn't. I had no idea what my thoughts were by then. My hands trailed down his chest and reached the buttons on his shirt. I pulled away from long enough to watch as my fingers worked the top buttons.

Impatiently, he pushed me down onto the couch. I landed roughly and gazed up at him with wide eyes. Josh made quick work of his shirt and tossed it over his shoulder. I watched as if fell onto the floor behind him. My eyes roamed over his chest. The man was a personal trainer and his body proved that fact. His muscles were cut to perfection and I fought the urge to leap to my feet and touch him. Smirking down at me, Josh knew he was driving me crazy. It was almost like he could read my dirty thoughts.

Quickly, as if he couldn't wait much longer, Josh undid the zipper on his jeans and fluidly pulled them off. He stood before me in his boxers and gorgeous body. He strode to the couch and leaned down, pressing his leg between my thighs as he propped himself above me. A smile appeared on my lips as I thought about him kissing me.

“You seemed to be overdressed.” He purred as his dark eyes turned even darker as he assessed me. “Let's fix that.”

I don't know how he did it. I was lying on the couch in a full suit with jacket and all. Then the next instant, I was in nothing but my panties and bra. His lips reclaimed mine and I moaned into the kiss. I didn't know where this was coming from. It’d been a while since I'd been intimate. Of course I was beyond myself. I was pent up for God's sakes.

Josh's fingers stroked the edge of my panties. I lifted my hips in invitation. He didn't hesitate. The panties were off and so were his boxers. They landed in the pile of clothes that had formed in the living room. Once he was sure I was ready, he lifted my hips and plunged into me. I couldn't stop the scream that was ripped from my throat.

It was ecstasy and all I could think about was not wanting to go back to the world after experiencing this. I wanted to drown in this pleasure and never surface again.