Sequel: Close Yet Far

Anything but Ordinary

Midnight Manhunt

(Kay's POV)

The pink camo pants and jacket were killer. I had no idea why Bam had bought those, but at that point, I didn't care. I had the urge to shoot paint balls at the jackasses. It brought a smile to my face. I could take my aggression out on them. It almost made me shudder in excitement.

Abbey looked at the outfits with skepticism. “Are you sure this will work? I mean-” She lifted up the jacket I'd handed her. “Pink? That doesn't seem very good for hiding.”

“Hiding in plain sight.” Aimee said with a grin on her face. She had a paint ball gun in her hand already. “It's perfect.”

“Besides- they'll never guess that we're the ones doing the shooting. They think me and Aimee are making cakes. Not plotting their demise.”

Aimee laughed and walked out of the room to see how Heather was making out with her outfit. I glanced through the leftover guns to see what I could find. Jimmy suddenly appeared in the doorway. Something that looked like a pair of goggles hung from his wrist.

“Look what I found!” He gasped out in excitement. He held up the goggles.

“What is it?” Abbey asked in confusion.

“Night vision!” Jimmy said as he tossed the goggles to me. I caught them easily and held them up for inspection. They were in great shape.

“Where did you find this?” I asked him, not really sure I wanted to know how the guys had stumbled onto the goggles.

“In Bam's room.” Jimmy said, nonchalantly. He handed a pair to Abbey before putting his own on.

Aimee and Clubby returned a moment later, both with their own sets of night vision attached firmly to their heads.

“Soldiers!” Clubby bellowed as she stared us down. “We are going to war. It will be a tough battle and our enemies are fierce. They will be dirty and they will be mean. But don't let that discourage you! We shall remain undefeated.” The pirate turned sniper glanced at Jimmy. “Ready soldier?”

Jimmy threw his hand up in a salute. “Sir, yes, sir!”

“March it out!” Jimmy and Clubby walked out of the house together, both marching.

Shaking my head, I glanced at Ames with a laugh on my lips. “If Heather wasn't already with Dico, I'd say let's set her up with Jimmy.”

“Is it scary that those were my same thoughts?” My best friend responded.

Abbey glanced between us before speaking. “I worry about the two of you at times.”

Laughing, the three of us followed our insane friends into the dark night.

***

It had just struck midnight and the guys were in the heat of battle. They were so focused that they were unaware as the five of us entered the fray. I knelt beside an especially large pine tree and aimed my sniper rifle towards the movement in the woods. One of the idiots was stomping around like an elephant. Adjusting the scope on my gun, I looked through it with my night vision. I had a clear shot as he stepped out of the forest and into my line of sight.

I took aim and fired.

“Fuck!”

I smirked as Chad swung around looking for whoever shot him. He had yet to see me by the tree so I took aim again.

“Fu-” He raised the gun towards where I was and shot. He hadn't seen me, but had taken a blind shot towards the direction where the shots were coming from. “Who the fuck is out there?”

I laughed, unable to stop myself. Dawning came over him as he recognized my voice. “Kay? What are you doing?”

I stood up and leaned against the tree, unable to hold myself up. I was laughing too hard. I met his gaze and saw his expression soften. Then he chuckled.

“You're crazy, you know that?” He said with a genuinely happy smile on his face.

I nodded through my giggles. Chad approached me and held out his hand. I looked at it and sobered instantly.

“Truce?” He asked softly.

I smirked and took his hand. Once he released my hand, however, I lifted my rifle and shot him square in the chest. He took a step back at the impact and then in shock, glanced down at the yellow paint spot on his green camo jacket.

“What the-”

I laughed out loud at his surprise before taking off into the forest. The game was on.

“Hey! Damn it Kay!” I could hear Chad stumbled through the trees after me. “You're going to pay for that!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope everyone loves this chapter! I had so much fun with it! :)