Status: okay, okay. I'm editing-Michelle

Double Trouble

There Are Two of You?

Practice had ended and I was waiting for Avery to come out from the locker room. Throughout the whole practice I kept drawing that picture of Toews and that posture it just intrigued me. His rigid posture, asserting dominance and the fact he is the captain.

Soon after I gave up a bit and then looked at the rink to see what else to draw and decided to just do some of the players, I heard a thwack and then a groan, and smiled. I looked up again and there was Avery smiling after hip checking Kane, the girl was always tough since the guys back at Arlington High were douches.

Avery was walked towards me and asked what we were going to do; we decided on watching a Ghost Adventures. Once we arrived at the apartment I went to the bathroom and took out the blue colored contacts and walked back to the living room where Avery had set up some popcorn and made some sandwiches made out of nutella- preseason and even regular season would not stop her from eating junk food.

“I never understood why you wear those contacts, you have those beautiful brown eyes." She commented.

"I just, I don't know. I mean you have those crystal blue eyes and I have these boring dull brown eyes."

"Are you kidding me? They are beautiful, now c'mon let's see Ghost Adventures," she started munching on popcorn.

‘-is your name Laura if so knock on this door,' said Zac.

We were on our fifth episode of Ghost and the food was gone already and we were cuddled up on the sofa just watching seeing what was going to happen. The ghost hunter asked again when there was no answer and next thing I know there was on knock on the door. I jumped in place and Avery just jumped onto her feet and ran into her room all the while screaming, I slowly got up as the knocking became more frantic and I can hear voices shouting on the other side. I quickly walked to the door and unlocked it and then opening it to at least seven hockey players; my eyes widened at that.

“Holy shit what was that screaming! Are you okay?” Kane asked worried.

“Uh...”

They didn’t give me a chance to answer but instead made their ways into the apartment and started to check things out.

“Avery!” I yelled out.

Every player stopped what they were doing and were staring at me with confused looks, except Sharp. A few seconds later her bedroom door opened. In came Avery with her hockey stick in hand ready to hit anything.

“I don’t care if you’re a spirit or ghost if you fucking touch my sister I will-” she cut off mid-rage. “Oh hey guys.”

The players had wide eyes looking back and forth between Avery and I, trying to process everything.

“Holy shit there are two of you,” Kane said.

“They’re twins,” Sharp said.

You knew?” Exclaimed Seabrook.

“Well I did meet Alina at practice,” Sharp said shrugging.

“But they look exactly the same,” Kane was in awe.

“Except, one of them has brown eyes while the other has blue eyes.” Toews observed. “Which is which though,” he mused.

I sighed. “I’m the one with the brown eyes, I’m Alina. Avery is the one with blue eyes.”

They nodded.

“So when did you plan on telling us that you had a twin sister?” Toews asked.

“I agree with Toews, I mean, we are your teammates.” Kaner added hurt.

“It’s not that it’s just, did you see your reactions? That’s what we wanted to avoid,” I said. “I wanted you guys to know Avery as a hockey player not ‘holy shit she’s a twin.”

“I also wanted to introduce her to you guys after the first game. That way, it wouldn’t completely freak you guys out... but you all somehow ended up at our domicile...” Avery said.

“Speaking of, how did you guys find out where our apartment is?” I asked them.

They all looked guiltily at us, I raised my eyebrow. “Is anyone going to answer the question?”

They all pushed Kane forward. “Yes Patrick?”

He gulped. “You see we sort of, um...well broke into coach’s office and took out the file that had your address on it.”

Avery and I looked back at each other. “Really...” We both said at the same time.

I looked back at Sharp. “And you let this happen?”

Sharp just shrugged. “Well, I mean it seemed like a stupid idea. But hell you have to admit it was funny to see their reactions.”

“True,” Avery said.

“So the question now is why are you here?” I looked at each of them in the eye.

They seemed a bit intimidated but Toews looked at me.

“We had nothing better to do. And we thought we could probably figure out something... but if you girls are busy... what the hell were you doing before we came anyways?”

“We were watching a Ghost Adventures marathon,” I said monotone. “What were you trying to figure out?”

“I don’t know just something to get to know Avery better-” Kane said.

“Well in that case I’ll just leave and let you guys-”

“No!” Sharp said. “You shouldn’t leave.”

“Sharpie is right, we should get to know the both of you,” Toews said.

“There is no way you are leaving Lina. You shall stay.” Avery demanded.

I was about to respond when the door knocked, again. I went to the door and opened it to see Henry there with flowers and chocolate, he could not give up can he?

“You’ve got to be fucking kidding me,” I muttered. “I guess you didn’t understand it the first time, I don’t want to fucking see you anymore.”

“Hey, Lina, who’s at the door?” Avery said walking up behind me, seeing Henry. “Oh, it’s you. What the fuck do you want. You have some nerve showing up here after what you did.”

“Why don’t you let me talk with her alone and not be such a nosy bitch,” he snarled.

I looked at him in disbelief. “You did not just say that,” I growled.

“Is there a problem,” Jonathan asked.

“Who the hell is this?” Henry glared.

“None of your fucking business and I suggest you leave before we fuck that face of yours,” Avery growled.

Henry being the dumb ass that he was just pushed Jonathan and forced his way into our apartment.

“I don’t know who the fuck you are, but stay the fuck away from Alina,” he growled.

Jonathan just looked at him smirking. “My name is Jonathan Toews, I’m captain of the the Chicago Blackhawks and you see those boys. They’re my teammates.”

Henry turned around and there were all those players having a defensive stance. He turned to me.

“Look babe-”

How many motherfucking times do I have to tell you don’t call me babe, and we’re over. Must I kick your ass to fucking get it through your thick skull.” I yelled.

“Dude I don’t know who the fuck you are, but I suggest you leave.” Kane said. All the boys nodded and took a menacing step forwards.

Henry just sighed. “Please, Alina just let me-”

“No,” I said firm.

He laid down the chocolate and the flowers on the table and left, looking dejected. I took a deep breath before looking at everyone.

“I’m sorry you had to witness that,” I said, before walking to my room and locking the door.

Once inside I started to burst into tears of anger and pain. Hell I was with Henry for two years, ever since we moved here and then since I wouldn’t ‘put out’ he had to go sleeping around really stung me. I decided to do the one thing I knew would calm me down, I grabbed my sketchpad and went over the drawings I had and add more detail and color.

I looked at the clock and holy shit two and a half hours had passed, I decided that it was safe to go into the living room and let Avery know that I was fine. I was surprised to find that all of the guys were still there just all sitting and waiting, some watching TV.

“You guys are still here,” I said acting normal.

“How are you?” Sharp asked.

I half-smiled. “I’m fine, just annoyed. I’m really sorry that you had to witness this whole ordeal and I am embarra-”

“Don’t be embarrassed,” Leddy said. “You had just broken up and he was a dumb ass to come back. Not to mention he messed with our Captain.”

I looked at Avery silently asking her what exactly she had told them. She gave me a slight shake of the head, indicating that everything they said,they reasoned on their own. I noticed that she had the box of chocolate on her lap and I narrowed my eyes.

“Bitch, you did not just take my chocolate.”

“Well it was there and hey I saved you some. I mean come on you can’t blame me.”

I grumbled. “Sure whatever, now what are we watching?”

Mean Girls is next.”

“All right that sounds nice, I think it’s better than the sob fest, suspense fest.”

Avery nodded. “And since a few of the guys here have not seen it,” she smiled evilly.

I laughed. “Well I’ll make enough popcorn for all of us.”

All seven hockey players, plus Avery and I just all sat down and watched Mean Girls and I have to say, I felt comfortable; well sort of I was smooshed between Avery and Toews. I fell asleep in the middle of the movie and didn’t feel when I was moved to my bedroom.
♠ ♠ ♠
HI Well to the subscriber hi we love you and well to the rest.
Hi and please comment that'd be great

edited: 1/9/14