Status: okay, okay. I'm editing-Michelle

Double Trouble

Room 394

I stared after Alina with the boys and Coach as she left. I sighed, wishing she’d take the offer, but I knew she didn’t want to play hockey for a living when she could do anything. That’s how talented my sister was. She could open a restaurant and within a week it would be considered five stars. I also know that Alina really wanted to have kids when we got older. That was something she always said she’d want.

“Why did she turn down the offer?” Kane asked, shocked. I looked at the boys, who no doubt have never seen anyone turn down a chance to play in the NHL.

“Alina has never wanted hockey to be her career. She’s always been more into her art. That’s always been her passion. Also, she got hurt while we were playing hockey in high school. Ever since then, if she gets hit hard enough, or bumped hard enough, she can feel a small bit of pain from the injury.” I replied honestly.

“Is that her only reasoning?” Coach Q asked me. I hesitated, but shook my head no.

“As twins, we always fall into each other’s shadows. She’s never wanted me to fall into her shadow because of her being older. And honestly, we’re too different to fall into each other’s shadows, but the world automatically does that.” I said with a shrug. “But as long as she’s happy, and she loves what she’s doing, I’m going to support her 100%. Unless she decides to be a stripper. Then we have to have talking to do, because we promised each other those pole dancing classes we took were only because we wanted to be able to hold ourselves parallel to the ground.”

I shook my head and ignored the weird looks I received from the three men.

“Anyways, I should get going. It’s my turn to cook tonight. You’re all welcomed to come, just give me a heads up this time. Bye!” With that I skated away and picked up my bag before the Jonathan and Patrick could comment on anything I said. I climbed into my car and sighed as I hit my head on the steering wheel.

“God Avery, you’re so stupid. You really need to start thinking before you speak.. God. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.” I said as I hit my head for each stupid. “Ouch that hurt... and I’m talking to myself. Ok... I’m gonna stop now.” I turned on the engine and began driving. I pressed the bluetooth button and called Alina.

“You do know I have a class right now, right?” she asked me.

“I know. I’m driving back home, but I really want to come and crash your class. And I’m about to pass a grocery store... should I get some groceries, or do you want to go together after your class?” I asked her.

“Just come over, and then we’ll go. And just a fair warning, many of these kids are hockey fans, but I’m going to assume that they don’t know you’re on the team yet.” I nodded, then realized she couldn’t see me.

“Alright. I’m on my way. I’ll be there in about two minutes. Oh, and the boys may come to dinner tonight. I told them to call if they do decide to come.”

“So we’re feeding an army?”
“Yup. I was thinking of making Eggplant Lasagna.”

“Sounds good. We’re running low on some things, so we’ll pick up an Eggplant and some groceries on the way home.”

“Alright, see you later Lina.” I said and hung up just as I pulled into the school building.

“OH MY GOD. PATRICK KANE AND JONATHAN TOEWS ARE OUTSIDE!” I exclaimed as I burst into her classroom. All the kids looked up with wide eyes.

“CLASS SIT DOWN!” Alina said, raising her voice. “This is my sister Avery.”

“Hi guys. Oh, and Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews aren’t outside. I was just messing around.” I said as I quickly sent a text to the two telling them not to say anything that was said after Alina left to anyone or I’d castrate them, and sent a nice one to Coach Q begging him not to say anything. I recieved a text from all three agreeing not to tell, before Tazer and Kane sent a text saying that they’ll be coming over tonight.

“Hi Avery.” The class said together in monotone.

“Impressive. The unison monotone.” I said letting my hood down and looking up at the kids.

“OH MY GOD YOU LOOK JUST LIKE MISS. ADDISON!” A boy who looked to be about eight said. I grinned and waved.

“Yeah. I do. She’s my older sister. But we’re the same age. We’re twins.” I said to the class.

“That is so cool!” Another boy said. I grinned.

“Yeah. It is. Hey Lina, before I forget, we’re cooking for an army. I got Jonathan and Patty-Cakes replies, and I’m pretty sure the others are going to tag along.” I said to her. She nodded understanding while the kids looked confused.

“Who are Jonathan and Patty-Cakes?” A little girl with blond curls asked.

“They’re our friends. They’re coming to dinner, but they eat a lot.” I said to her scrunching up my nose. She giggled. “So, what are you drawing?” I asked the class. Everyone started answering me at once before Alina and I calmed them down.

“How about Avery and I walk around and we can see what you guys can show us your drawings. How does that sound?” Alina asked the kids, who answered in affirmative. We both wandered around the classroom, and the kids each showed me their drawings. I couldn’t help but grin at how cute these kids were. As I bent down to talk to a little girl, my phone buzzed.
“Excuse me, but I have to take this.” I said to her, before answering the phone. “Yo, what’s up?” I answered.

“Is that your car in front of Chicago National Art Center?”

“Yeah, Alina is teaching a class right now and I decided to come and visit.”

“Cool. What’s her classroom number?”

“Room 394.”

“Thanks.” I heard a click and swore under my breath.

“Ok, sweetie, let’s see what you’ve drawn.” I smiled as she explained what she had to do, and her drawing. This girl had a lot of talent for such a young age. “That is so wonder-” I was cut off mid sentence as the door flew open and there stood Patrick Sharp in all his glory, with his wife shaking her head behind him.

“HI LINA, HI ICE PRINCESS!” Patrick exclaimed as he walked in, dragging his wife behind him. “I saw your car outside and I wanted to introduce you to my wife -Oh, you’re busy.” He said with a pout, seeing that both Alina and I were next to children. Alina and I burst into laughter.

“Oh my god, Sharpie, you are adorable.” I said inbetween breaths. “And hello Abby. You guys want to join us for dinner tonight? Jonathan and Patty-Cakes are.” I said to them.

“Jonathan and Patty-Cakes are Miss. Addison and Miss. Avery’s friends.” the little blond girl from before clarified to Sharpie and Abby. Patrick let out a chuckle, and a little boy in the front gasped.

“You’re Patrick Sharp! You play for the Blackhawks!” He exclaimed. “Miss. Avery, you got the wrong Patrick. Patrick Sharp was outside. Not Patrick Kane.” The little boy reprimanded me. I let out a laugh and nodded.

“You’re right. I was wrong.” Patrick sent me a look asking if the kids knew that I was on the team. I shook my head no.

“Well, as much as I have loved disrupting your class, Abby and I must go. We’ll see you tonight for dinner.” Sharpie said before leaving the classroom with a flourish. Alina and I both looked at each other and shook our heads.

“That man is so strange and childlike. How does his wife handle him?” Alina asked out loud. I shrugged.

“Who knows. But he is the nicest one of them all.” I said and Alina nodded in agreement.

“Um.. Miss. Addision, how do you know Patrick Sharp?” Another little boy asked. I looked up at Alina, wondering how she was going to answer the question.

“Well, Jack, when Avery and I first moved here, we accidentally bumped into Patrick Sharp. He was nice and we got to know him.” She answered vaguely. I nodded in agreement when the children looked at me.

“Yup.” With my reassurance, the children went back to drawing and Alina and I went back to floating from kid to kid, seeing their art. The time passed and I saw Alina glance at the clock and tell the kids to start cleaning up their materials and get their things together. I helped her and the kids and we finished within a few minutes. We led the kids outside, and they ran to their parents, telling them of the events of the day with their eyes shining in excitement. Alina and I smiled at each other as we bid everyone goodbye, and walked to our respective cars.

“Grocery store? Or do you want to go home and I’ll get the things?” I asked her.

“How about we go home, and walk to the little grocery store that’s right around the block from our place?” I nodded in agreement and started up my car. I grinned as we both stopped at the light, side by side at the expression of the pedestrian. I looked at Alina for a quick moment, seeing that she had the same grin as I did painted on her face. The light turned green, and within minutes we were parking in our respective spots, Alina’s Chevy Malibu right next to my ‘69 z28 Camaro convertible. We grabbed our backs, got out of our cars, making sure to lock them, and walked the block to the grocery store.

“Now, we just need eggplants, tomato sauce, celery, carrots, nutmeg, and the pasta. I think we have everything else at home.” Alina said going through the mental checklist she made. I nodded and grabbed a cart as we began to fill it up.

“I’m going to grab some things to make Cookies ‘n Cream ice-cream cake, the one from the recipe that grandma only gave to us. Let’s see those boys laugh at my diet now.” I said with a grin. Alina shook her head at me, before walking down the baking isle. We grabbed the chocolate powder, some vanilla, and a bag of sugar. We got some whipped cream, and oreos to crush for the ‘icing’ of the cake.

“Alright. That should be it.” She said and we got in line and payed for our things. We walked back home in a comfortable silence, just happy being with each other.

“Alright, you go take a nap or something, and I’ll get this Lasagna in the oven.” I said to Alina. “You can help me make the cake.” She nodded and went into her room while I took out a pot and began to make the sauce. Once I got the sauce to the correct temperature, I cut the eggplant into slices, and took out a Pirex and began layering the pasta, placing the some sauce, and layering the eggplant, adding a bit of cheese here and there and repeating the process until I got to the top, and just layered some cheese. I put the lasagna into the oven and left it there to cook.

“Ready to make the cake?” Alina said as she walked into the kitchen with perfect timing. I nodded and we began making the batter.

“I honestly love that this apartment has two ovens.” I said to her. She nodded and poured the batter into a pan.

“Me too. It helps when we invite people to dinner.” We put the batter into the oven, and after twenty minutes, the lasagna beeped.

“Ok, lasagna is done, I’m just gonna leave it in there so it doesn’t get cold.” I said turning off the oven. “We have five minutes for the cake to finish.” We cleared the kitchen up a bit while we waited for the cake to finish baking. We took out the two pans and set them on the counter to cool. The cakes cooled, and we flipped the bottom one onto a plate, and began piling Cookies ‘n Cream on it. I placed the top layer, and began covering it with whipped cream, while Alina sprinkled the Oreos she was breaking. I opened the freezer and Alina put the cake in, just as the doorbell rang.

“Perfect timing.” I said as I opened the door, just to see Sharpie and his wife, Taze, Kaner, and Coach Q.

“Do you all have a habit of showing up all at once?” Alina asked them as they walked in. They all shrugged and we led them to the table Alina and I had set up for when we invite people over.

“Just sit and make yourselves comfortable, I’ll get the lasagna.” I said as I walked to the oven and Alina passed out the plates and silverware. I took out the lasagna, placed it on the table, and began cutting it into pieces passing them around.

“Dig in.” I said and everyone did.

There were collective moans of approval and they looked at me smiling.
“This is delicious,” Abby said. “Me and my future child approves.”

“I have to say Addison, for the amount of calories and the portions, I wonder how you can even stay in shape,” Coach Q. laughed.

Kaner didn’t say anything he kept on eating happily and so was Sharpie. Taze on the other hand was staring at Alina.

“Well, it’s all those drills you make us do.” I said with a smile. Coach Q. just laughed and took another bite. “Oh, guys, don’t fill up too much. Alina and I made Ice Cream cake. It’s a family secret receipe, so I suggest going slow.” Abby laughed and shook her head.

“Don’t worry about the boys. They’re always hungry.” Alina and I laughed while the two Patricks looked at us confused.

“Wha wong wif you free?” Kaner asked, his mouth still full of lasagna.

“Nothing Patty-Cakes. Now don’t talk with your mouth full.” I scolded him. He rolled his eyes and continued eating. I looked at Tazer and he was still staring at Alina.

“Um.. Taze, is something wrong?” I asked him. He looked at me and shook his head no.

“No, not at all. This is really good.” He replied, and dropped his eyes to his plate and continued eating, sneaking looks at Alina every once in a while. Once everyone was finished, I was surprised to see leftovers.

“Hey, Abby, would you like to take some leftovers home with you?” Alina asked her. She nodded with a smile.

“If you two don’t mind. The lasagna was amazing. I can’t wait to have some dessert.” She said.

“Wait, you made dessert?” Kaner asked, “Why didn’t anyone tell me? I wouldn’t have eaten so much lasagna!” he groaned. Alina, Abby, and I shared a look.

“We did tell you. You just decided to ignore us and continue eating.” I retorted. “But, so you guys don’t feel like you are going to explode, we’ll wait for about twenty minutes before bringing out the cake.”

We left the boys to their man talk, while us girls walked to the kitchen and sat on the stools, talking about whatever topic would come about.

“Ok, now answer honestly, who do you think is the most attractive on the Hawks?” Abby asked us. We looked at her in surprise. “I’m serious about this. I think my husband, and that Viktor Stalberg is a looker.” Alina and I giggled and shrugged.

“I’ll be honest, your husband is sexy. But I think Niklas Hjalmarsson is attractive as well.” I answered her after thinking for a bit about my answer. We turned to Alina.

“Uh, I mean they all are attractive...” she said.

I saw that quick look towards the living room. I smirked at my twin.

“You think one of them is more attractive than the rest. And he’s in the house. Now I’m gonna take a guess and narrow it down to two. It’s either Kaner, or Taze.” Abby and I watched her face turn into disgust at the mention of Kaner, but the slight blush that covered her cheeks gave us the answer.

“Oh my gosh!” Abby squealed. “You think Jonathan is attractive! That is so cute! You two would make the cutest babies!” she continued squealing until she saw the looks we were giving her. “What?”

“You do know you said they’d make cute babies.. right?” I asked her. She nodded, then remembered that we were twins.

“Wow. That must be odd. Sharing your genes with each other... damn.. how do the guys tell you apart once your at home, and there isn’t a hockey stick or a paint brush to differentiate you two?” she asked us. I shrugged and looked at Alina.

“Who knows, and honestly, I don’t think they really know who is who. They just wait until one of us answers.” I told her.

“Like yesterday, Patrick, Kaner, Toews, Leddy, Duncan, and Hjalmarsson came to our apartment, and I opened the door, they heard Avery scream because they freaked us while we were watching Ghost Adventures and they just barged in and began checking the place out, thinking I was Avery until I yelled for her.” Alina told her. I chuckled at the memory.

“You should have seen their reactions. Everyone but Sharpie was freaking out, but Sharpie was all nonchalant about it because he met Alina before practice.” I told her. Out of my peripheral vision I saw Kaner coming.

“Um... Avery, Alina.. we’re hungry again.” He said bashfully. We all laughed and I stood up and took out the cake.

“Alright, we’ll cut the cake now. Alina would you-” I saw that she already had the small dessert plates and some utensils.

“Way ahead of you sis.” I smiled at her, and we walked to the living room where the boys sat with NHL on the Fly playing on the TV. They were showing footage of this afternoon of Kaner, Taze, Alina and I playing hockey. They were commenting at how interesting it was and wondered if we were the guys’ girlfriends scrutinizing the moment when Alina and Taze had collided. There was one of me and Kaner when he took my helmet off and was keeping it out of reach and laughing.

“How did they even get that footage?” Alina asked, while we put the cake and plates on the table.

“I don’t know.” The two boys commented. We looked at Coach Q for an explanation.

“It seems as if there was word of Tazer getting in an extra practice and the press happened to be there as well.” We nodded and I grinned.

“I’m still invisible! They don’t know I exist! Yes! I don’t have to deal with them.” I said before frowning.

“What’s wrong?” Sharpie asked noticing my mood change.

“They said I was Kaner’s girlfriend!” I exclaimed with a pout.

“What’s so bad about being my girlfriend?” He asked with his arms crossed.

“Need I remind you that you’re the Hawks party boy? At the interview for the Stanley Cup, you got two puck bunnies, one under each arm and said that ‘they’re my new friends’.” I told him.

“No offense, but you’d make a horrible boyfriend. I’d be threatening you every possible second if you really did date Avery.” Lina said.

“Why do you get the good guy?” I whined to Lina pointing at Taze. “He does nothing! He’s probably the guy you take to meet your parents and crazy grandparents!” Everyone began laughing and Alina began cutting the cake while I passed it around. Once again, we were met with the moans of approval.

“How are you able to stop eating all of this once you start your season diet?” Coach Q asked.

“I don’t have a diet. I eat everything. Alina just starts hiding everything if I start going overboard.” I replied. Alina nodded in agreement and we all continued to watch the Highlights of Last year’s season and the predictions that were being made about each team. After a couple hours Coach Q got up and looked at his watch.

“I’m going to head out now. Remember, our first game is on Saturday. See you at practice boys and girl.” He said and left. Abby and Sharpie left a half hour later, which left us with the two boys.

“Why don’t we put in a movie?” I said, getting up and picking out Crazy, Stupid Love with Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling. Alina and I got changed into our PJs and made some popcorn for us all to share during the previews.

Halfway though the movie, Alina and I once again began to doze off, and I realised so were the boys.

“Hey, guys, why don’t you just crash here? I have some clothes that I think might fit you from when our family stays here.” I said to them.

“No, we don’t want to impose, but we should really get going.” Taze and Kaner stood up and began to swerve as they walked.

“You guys aren’t going anywhere. You are going to take these, and you’re going to stay the night. I am not going to be responsible for the car crash that Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane got into.” Alina said firmly. The boys nodded and took the pj pants and tshirt that Alina had picked out for them.

“You guys can take my bed. I’ll share with Alina.” I said as I shoved them into my room. Alina and I nodded at each other and walked back to her room and got under the covers.

“Remember when we used to sleep in the same bed as kids during a storm?” Alina asked me. I nodded.

“Yeah. Those were the good old days. Good night Lina.” I said to her, snuggling into the covers.

“Night Ave.” she replied,giving me a kiss on my forehead and we both let sleep take over.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello my babies (remember? before mibba crashed I declared you all my babies)

The chapters are now all up and running from where we left off. Enjoy your reading time. :)

xoxo
Lilah