Status: In Progress

Set Fire to the Rain

There Shouldn't Be a Good In Goodbye

Hearing the car door open, I blinked open my eyes and saw Shannon grabbing my bag from the back of the car, then he opened my door handing me my crutches. I got out of the car and we went inside. Jack and JT were both there to greet us immediately. Jack looked like a pit bull ready to pounce in case I had a single hair out of place. Wait until he sees the tattoo. Can't wait to see how that goes over. Not. The men all shook hands and I made my way to the couch to put my foot up. We sat and talked for a little while, then I suggested that we order something for dinner. Shannon said that sounded great, as did the others. We ordered Chinese and Sushi. I don't really care for Sushi, but I told Shannon I would try some of his. After we ate, I was really tired, and I started yawning. I asked Shannon if he would help me put the cream on my new ink, and both Jack andJake had the same reaction.

"Your what!!!??"

"I got a tattoo today. And it's beautiful." I said proudly. "Oh, and by the way, I would like for you both to be the first to know, Shannon is my boyfriend." I smiled.

"Wait a second! You go away for one night and you come back with a tattoo and a boyfriend!?" Jack was in shock. He was moving his mouth to speak and nothing was coming out, and fists clenching at his sides. My brother was actually speechless for once.

"I think what Uncle Jack is trying to say mom, is congratulations. And I think it's fucking cool you got a tat! Can I see it!?" I love my son.

"Sorry sis. Congrats to the two of you by the way, and lets see this tattoo you got." He grumbled looking between Shannon and I. I if looks could kill, holy crap.

"Thank you Jakey. I am really happy." I said smiling up at Shannon. "Yeah, you can see it."

Raising my t-shirt on my left side to just under my chest, near my heart was a Jimmy Deathbat symbol. It was mainly black and grey but was highlighted with different shades of purple. Under the Deathbat, read the lyrics 'Unbreak me, unchain me, I need another chance to live' and under that was written FoREVer. All of the lettering was in a fancy cursive style and in black with the exception of FoREVer. The REV was highlighted in a dark purple. The tattoo had been something I wanted to do for my friend Jimmy for the past year, well since we had lost him really. The timing just never seemed to be right. Alright, I had been terrified of what would happen if David were to find out. And now, I honestly didn't give a fuck and I have never been prouder. I can't wait to take a picture of it and send it to Brian, Matt, Johnny, and Z. They have been bugging my ass to just get it done already, but I had been letting my fear control my life for too long. Those days are over. Now, I was really nervous at the idea of them finally seeing it.

"Mom, I love it. It's fucking amazing, and Jimmy would be proud."

"Wow Eliza, it's better than what I imagined. It's really cool." I looked at Jack with my jaw hanging open, then looked at Jake.

"Thanks love. I'm thrilled with it." Hugging Jake tightly for a moment he gave me a quick kiss and stepped back. "I think I'm going to lay down for a little while and visit with Shann for a while before he leaves."

"Ok. We will be out here."

Shannon and I went to my room and we lay down on my bed, talking. He helped put the cream onto my tattoo and we admired the new artwork. It really was beautiful. While we talked about many different things, neither one of us brought up the inevitable. We kept a constant watch on the clock on my nightstand. Time passing much too quickly. I wrapped my arms around him tightly, not wanting him to leave, but knowing he had to go. We spent time holding each other, kissing, and looking at one another. I wanted to memorize every line, every crease, every part of him. So I ran my hand slowly over his arms, his chest, neck, face everywhere I could, that wouldn't lead to something that I wasn't ready for yet. Though the thought did cross my mind briefly, I must admit. I am human after all.

Shannon moaned, "Baby, you are killing me here."

"I'm sorry. I'm just trying to memorize every part of you that I can. I don't want to forget any part of you. Especially since I don't know when we will see each other again."

"Sweetheart, I promise, I will be back. There's no way I can stay away from you."

"I'm so scared you will meet someone else and forget all about me. I'm nothing special. I'm just.... I'm just me."

"That's why you are so special. And that's exactly why I could never forget you. There isn't going to be anyone else. There's only you Eliza. We will talk, text and Skype every day. Twice a day if you want too. I don't care. If I miss you, I am calling you. If you miss me, call me. Ok?"

"Ok. What if I came to see you off at the airport tomorrow."

"I don't know El. I don't think it's the wisest idea. Only because once I leave, you would be alone in a busy airport, and with David still out there, I don't want you in a dangerous situation like that with your ankle the way it is. Not able to outrun him if you needed too. Besides, if you were there with me, I don't know that I would be able to get on the plane, in all honesty. It's going to be hard enough leaving you tonight. I've never dreaded anything more."

"I know. And I understand." The tears that I had been holding back all day finally started to spill over. I sat in Shannon's embrace and sobbed, holding him as close as I possibly could, and him holding me.

When the time finally came for Shannon to leave, I walked him out to his car, much to his displeasure. He preferred I stay inside. Reaching his car, we faced one another and I placed my crutches against his car. He looked at me with a weird expression. Throwing my arms around his waist and pulling him tightly against me I held on for dear life, not wanting to ever let go. He slipped his arms around me and held me tightly murmuring into my ear that everything was going to be ok, and we would be together again soon. Pulling away slightly we looked into each others eyes then our lips connected in a kiss full of passion and longing. I didn't want to let him go, or for our time together to end. Though I knew it was literally minutes away.

Our breathing became heavy, our hands were roaming over each other. His hands were running through my hair, then making their way down my sides, then subtly slipped his hands under my shirt and rubbed them along my now tingling skin. Shannon was careful of where my tattoo was, and didn't try anything inappropriate, he was just touching me. I moaned in response to his touch and he moaned, "God, El. Your. Skin. Is. So. Soft." Then he devoured my mouth once more, and we continued to kiss. His hands were running in slow strokes up and down my back, then to my shoulders, holding me tight to him. I could feel every curve of his body, the warmth of him. We slowed our kissing to gentle pecks and ended with us resting our foreheads against each other.

"I don't want you to go, Shan..."

"I don't want to either, but I have to go home and pack. My flight leaves at 5am." I rested my head on his chest, holding him close and breathing him in.

"I know." Pulling away very slowly, not able to look into his eyes I reached for my crutches and moved out of the way so that he could get into the car.

Shannon opened the door and slipped inside shutting the door, turning the ignition on a second later. His seatbelt on, Shannon rolled down the window and I was overcome with a sense of major déjà vu. Crooking his finger at me, Shannon motioned for me to come closer. I did as he asked moving as close as I could.

"I want you to be safe. Don't do anything stupid. Let Jack do his job and take care of you, ok? I don't like leaving you here with so many things being unresolved with your case, and David being out there nowhere to be found. I am begging you El, take care of yourself. Promise me."

"I promise. You do the same, ok. Just because I am here doesn't mean that David won't come after you. I wouldn't survive it."

"I promise. I will call you when I get home, alright? Now, get your incredibly sexy ass over here and kiss me."

Blushing profusely, I leaned in the car window and we kissed each other goodbye. This was different. We savored this kiss, and showed each other how we felt. God could he kiss. I was melting all over. I cupped his face, running my thumb across his cheek, and gave Shannon one last peck on the lips before I backed away from the car and he turned the car around and started to drive down the driveway.

Turning around so I couldn't see Shannon drive away, I stood there and wiped the tears that were sliding down my cheeks, and I openly started to cry in my driveway as my heart broke. At the sound of a car door slamming shut and footsteps running down the driveway, my head turned to see Shannon moving toward me with his car parked behind him at the end of the drive still running. I was so confused.

"Eliza!" Throwing his arms around me, he slammed his lips into mine, and our mouths opened to one another, our tongues immediately fighting for dominance and he won. I was putty in Shannon's very capable hands. He grabbed the ends of my hair and tugged slightly making me moan into the kiss. I was on fire with this man. Had found a way into a part of me I didn't think I would ever allow any man into again. I was finding I couldn't get enough. When he pulled away he looked at me and kissed me gently once more.

"I couldn't leave you yet. I couldn't do it. I know you can't do this now, but maybe on my next trip home, would you go back to LA with me for a visit? I would love to show you everything. Where I live, and well everything there is to see in California. Would you maybe think about it? Please"

"I will definitely think about it. It sounds lovely. It might be a nice idea for when my cast is off, but let me think it over and talk to the kids about it, ok?"

"Perfect. That's all I want. Ok, I don't want to, but I really have to go. I am going to miss you so fucking much." He growled into my neck as he held me close.

"I am going to miss you more than you could ever imagine."

"I will call you talk in a little while sweetheart. And I will see you soon. No goodbyes, alright?"

"No goodbyes. Be safe going home, and I'll talk to you in a little while."

He kissed me softly, once more hugging me again, then turned and ran to his running car. Turning to me when he opened the door, he blew me a kiss and waved. I blew a kiss in return and waved back. The car door closed and he was gone from sight. I made my way inside not saying anything. I spent the evening in my room alone, crying. Shannon called when he arrived at his apartment and we talked for almost 2 hours before I made him hang up to go pack. He had a very long day ahead of him tomorrow. I cried myself to sleep for the second time that night and woke up sometime later during the night, checking my phone to find a missed text message from Shannon.

S- Missing my beautiful girlfriend already. <3

So I decided to send one of my own.

E- Missing my incredibly sexy boyfriend already. Even more than I thought possible. <3

With that sent, I went back to sleep, thinking of Shannon's offer of a visit to California and all the possibilities it might hold.
♠ ♠ ♠
Update number 2! It's a little shorter, but I hope you enjoy. Please comment, subscribe and recommend. You know the drill! ;) love y'all!

<3
mysoul4jimmy