Sequel: Where Have You Been?

Can't Stop Lovin' You

To The Place Where I Belong

“He’s asleep yet?” Riley asked the time Savannah went out of her bedroom.

“I know you two are going to preach me.” Savannah scoffed as Zack put down his energy drink on the table and walked toward Savannah.

It was pretty late and Zack was still trying to catch up with Savannah’s life in the past few years. Going out of his mind, Zack didn’t know how Savannah kept her head together all along. Listening to Savannah’s story raising Shane without the help from a male lead role sounds pretty harsh.

Still listening to Savannah’s story, Zack noticed Riley was already half asleep on the other side of the room as Savannah smiled and told Riley to get her some rest. Half awake, Riley dragged herself toward the couch and slammed herself there.

Savannah told Zack to bring her to Martha’s room as he did. After making sure Riley was fully asleep, Zack went back to the dining room and listen to Savannah’s story carefully, just in case something important was about to be revealed about Shane or Jack.

“I know that face, Zack.” Savannah chuckled. “I am not keeping any secret about Shane.” She added.

“Physically, he looks like his father, I'm glad he doesn’t have the same attitude his father own.” Zack smiled.

Savannah went quiet for a while as she looked up to Zack who was standing up to get some drinks from the fridge across the room. Trying to gather all the guts inside of her, Savannah started to stutter. She wanted to ask about how Jack was doing but apparently her mind told her not to. Some part of her thought Jack had moved on and was already seeing another girl, prettier, sexier, and more fun girl than the girl she ever is.

“You know, he never really was serious in a relationship ever since you left.” Zack said, turning his back on the fridge as he leaned toward the fridge.

“Every night after I put my little boy to bed, I always stare at him and wonder how it feels like to raise a child with a male presence.” Savannah said and her voice was trembling. “Maybe it would be awesome.” She added with a bitter chuckle.

“Every night before we hit our bunks on tour, at least one of us thought about you and what your life might be.” Zack sipped his drinks.

“And here I am, living with my son.” Savannah smiled. “Happy.” She added with a doubtful tone.

“Shane is a great kid, Van. I am beyond glad you named him Shane. I mean, at least Riley can now talk about the other Shane than the Shane guy in ‘a walk to remember’ right?” Zack tried to pull a joke.

“First of all, Shane West is my forever mental boy friend and Riley has no right of taking him away from me.” Savannah’s voice sounded firm.

They were still talking about each others’ life until Zack started to tell her a story about Jack’s most current girl friend, Maddie, who the band don’t very like. Even though Savannah had gone missing for more than three years, something inside of them told them that Savannah was never away. Even though apparently Jack couldn’t feel that way.

“Come home, Van.” Zack begged.

“I can’t come home. I don’t want to interrupt your life, Zack. In this case, Jack’s.” Savannah started to sob.

“You are ruining Shane’s life right now. When Martha was around, you may think everything is going to okay, but…” Zack sighed.

“She’s gone, I know.” And this time, Savannah couldn’t hold back her tears.

“Think about Shane and stop thinking about us. I mean, the band. Look, I just spend a day with your son, and I am already in love with him. Don’t you think Jack would love to know about his adorable son?”

“What if he doesn’t? What if he denies him? What if he thinks I was lying? I mean, I’ve been gone for so long. And I have to come back into his life, bringing him a child?”

“I know Jack was a little stupid back at high school, but he can still do the math. He would’ve known you’re not lying. Come on, Van. Don’t let Martha down. Take care of her business back in Baltimore with Riley, come back to Jack’s life.” Zack said as he walked toward Savannah and kissed her forehead. “As your best friend, I want you to have the best things. And for now, sleep is the best thing I can think of.” Zack said, leaving Savannah alone.

---

“Mom, wake up!” Shane whispered through her mother’s ear.

It was about 9 am when Shane woke his mother up and for a regular day, she would qualify that as hell. But lucky her it wasn’t just a regular day, because apparently with a little help from Riley and Zack, Shane was all set to go through the day, including taking Zack to the airport.

Waiting outside the room, Zack and Riley were still talking about every possibilities of Savannah coming back to Baltimore, and both of them agreed that they would actually bring her back to her closest friends, to the place where she belongs.

“Ready to go, princess?” Riley asked as Savannah came out of her room.

“Let me take a quick bath and I’ll drop you both to the airport.” Savannah said, walking toward the bathroom.

“Wait, dropping us both? No way, miss. I’m staying until you decide to move out of Dallas back to Baltimore.” Riley spat.

“It’s your mom’s will, girl.” Zack added as Savannah sighed.

Staying up almost the whole night thinking about her life, Savannah wasn’t really in the mood to talk about it the second she woke up, but her two best friends forced her to. Even though every single cell on her brain told her no, every single nerve on her heart said the opposite, and it was already winning. Savannah had been thinking and she knew moving back was the best thing for her and Shane, even though maybe, without Jack’s presence.

---

The past two days had been a little rough for Savannah, whether at work or back at home where she had Riley asking her to move back to Baltimore. Savannah was definitely grateful with Riley’s presence. Even though she wouldn’t shut her mouth about when should they move back to Baltimore, Riley helped Savannah to take care of her little boy.

Savannah was doing the dishes when Riley decided to put Shane to bed. Thinking about all the help Riley been doing to help her, Savannah couldn’t stop bothering about how would her life be without Riley’s presence all the time? Tara on the other hand, might be as handful as Riley but her not – so – free time made Savannah thought twice, until she went with her guts to move back.

Stepping out of Savannah’s bedroom, Riley went to approach Savannah in the kitchen, without any intention to bring the talk about moving back to Baltimore, Riley sat down on the couch in front of the TV when Savannah approached her back.

“Help me to pack some things here?” Savannah said in a very low tone as she bit her lower lip.

“Wait, you’ve decided what your move is now?” Riley asked in both confusion and excitement.

“You and Zack were right. I couldn’t live here by myself. Well I do have Tara and Randy, but…” Before Savannah could even say a word more, Riley jumped onto her and hugged her tight.

Quickly without any word but the mimic of excitement, Riley stood up and started packing some stuff, the little stuffs inside the house. Deciding to call Randy and Tara for help and a little of stuff equipment to move out, the packing was both fun and sad.

“Well, you really are leaving us after all these stuffs are packed up.” Tara said bluntly.

“You guys had been amazing to me, but you do know that this is the thing I have to do, don’t you all?” Savannah shrugged, letting out a little sigh.

“Well, we do. Tara and I knew you were going to move back to Baltimore when we found out about Martha’s disease. In fact, she had prepared us for this. She said we could always find something to work things out with you, and we believe her.” Randy said, giving Savannah the warmest hug.

“It’s getting pretty late now guys, maybe we should stop packing up and go to bed before a longer day of packing tomorrow?” Riley said as she yawned and the other agreed on.

---

Have some of the furniture, including her car shipped back to Baltimore, Savannah knew there was no turning back now. It was the day she had to get on a plane, but when she took a quick look toward her room, the memories of her mother were rushing up through her mind. Holding a picture of her and Martha, Savannah curled up on her bed, crying.

Outside her room, Shane was helping Riley with some stuffs and when he took a little peek inside, he found his mother was crying uncontrollably.

“Mom, why won’t you stop crying?” Shane said as he climbed toward his mother’s bed.

“Nothing, Shane. I just miss your nana so much.” Savannah sobbed as she got up on her bed and wrapped her arms around her son’s shoulder.

Stepping into the room with a little concern, Riley convinced Savannah to get ready and go to the airport with the taxi. Savannah thought of canceling all the move and stayed, but Riley was a little better at convincing her so that didn’t change.

Three of them took a taxi to the airport, Savannah was indeed both happy and anxious but when they arrived to the airport, Savannah’s brain told her to get back to her apartment. The fact her mother’s grave was located in Dallas made the thought of staying make sense, but Riley with all she could, once again convinced her that Baltimore is her only option.

Getting inside the airport, Savannah felt terrible about not meeting Randy and Tara for the last time, but just when she thought of it, her twin best friends were already standing in front of her with a huge smile on their faces.

“Don’t you think we forget you.” Tara said firmly.

“No! I was just thinking about you guys! And thanks so much, Riley. Thanks for all these arrangement…” Savannah sobbed. “Uhm, guys, can I ask you two one final favor?”

“Mention it and you’ll get it.” Tara smiled.

“Take care of my mother’s grave for me and her sake. Baltimore is a pretty long way to go.” Savannah chuckled in between her sob.

With a warm smile, Randy and Tara gave her the warmest hug ever while telling her not to worry about it. Knowing the two of them will do her a solid favor, Savannah knew there was no more reason for her to stay. Seeing Randy and Tara saying some last words toward Shane before they took off, Savannah knew their presences would be missed.

“Have a safe flight, guys.” Tara said, trying to hold back her tears.

“Oh, come here you!” Savannah said, approaching Tara as she pulled her close to her arms and hugged her tight.

“I’ll miss you!” Tara finally broke and cried. “And Shane, promise me you will look after your mother, okay?” She turned to Shane’s direction as he nodded.

“Don’t worry, Tara. Shane isn’t the only one who would take care of her. Zack and I would too.” Riley said, giving the girl and her twin one final hug.

“Don’t forget us here, Sav.” Randy smiled as Savannah nodded and went inside the waiting room to board on the plane.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's finally here! What do you guys think should happen?
Any suggestion about how Savannah, Jack, and Shane should meet? Tell me everything you think :D

Enjoy!
-Amelia