Status: RESTARTING

I Wish I Could Float Away.

005. the devil told me his name.

The day was long, hard, strenuous, you know how it is with work, it tired you out easily, and by lunch, I was prepared to fall asleep on Matt, but then again, falling asleep on Matt wouldn't be the best of ideas. He'd probably freak out over what the customers thought of an employee practically passing out, in the end he'd end up hitting me with a spatula or something stupid to wake me up. His mind is always focused on his job, I don't see how Danny puts up with him, wait, scratch that. I don't see how Matt puts up wit Danny.

When work was over, at 3 o'clock to be precise for me, I was relieved I wasn't going to have to endure worried glances from that boy, Zack, for any longer. He annoyed me to no end, he would constantly be right behind me, or have his gaze on me. He would be doing something that was going to annoy me, and he knew it did. I've shouted at him so many times in the back room to leave me alone, I would be surprised if the message hasn't gotten through to him yet. He may look innocent and dumb, but I'm pretty sure he is smart enough to figure out when I want to be left alone.

I exited the backroom as I was puling my jacket on, ignoring the "goodbyes" I was receiving from all of the employees, and I just headed straight for the door. I touched the door with my hand, before leaning on it slightly, opening it enough for a whisper of cold air to reach my body. I turned my head slightly as I pushed the door open further, looking back at Zack, and his eyes met mine. Even from afar I could see the worry in his eyes. Was he worried for my sake? Or was hat his natural facial expression? Whenever I see him he wears the same expression, so I'm pretty sure he naturally like that, I doubt he would care for me anyway, he barely knows me.

I sighed and turned back to the door, leaving the warmth of the building. It was pretty cold out tonight, and it was during the day still, I don't think it has been this cold for a while now, but I wouldn't know, I've never really paid much attention to the weather these days, not for a while. Sierra always makes comments on the weather.

I felt my body begin to shiver as I began walking down the street, cursing under my breath from my stupidity of not wearing anything warmer. Oh well, it isn't that long back to my apartment. I felt my spine quiver from the cold, and I huffed as I turned a corner, pulling out my iPod. This might distract me thinking about the cold.

As I pressed the ear buds into my ears, I flicked off the lock on my iPod, the screen lighting up. I went through all the bands on my iPod, thinking of what exactly to listen to. Transit? No, not in the mood for them. Blink 182? No, I don't listen to them anymore. The Maine? I nodded to myself and went onto the play list I had created for my favourite songs by the band. The first song that started to hum though the ear phones was Don't Stop Now. The song really doesn't fit my mood, but I still found myself humming along to the tune. I wish I could sing like John O'Callaghan, I haven't sung in ages, not since I wrote the song for Thomas.

As thought of Thomas filed my head, the song changed, and I sniffled trying to concentrate on the next song that was playing. Misery. Oh great fuck, how did I forget about this song? I dug my hand into my pocket trying to find my iPod just as John started to sing the first line, and I could feel my eyes well up. Okay, maybe this song meant a lot to me. It just felt like John was trying to write the song about me. Loads of others probably feel the same way, but I had become strangely attached to the song.

I’ll say this once again
You people, you are my friends
The devil, he can’t come in
Tonight, that’s right


I ran a hand through my hair as I listened to John sing, my thoughts clearing, only Johns voice echoing around inside my head.

Looking for misery, but she found me
Lying naked on the floor
I was headed insane, the devil told me his name
But he’s not welcome here, anymore


I though of Sierra, and the say she found me last night. I cringed, trying to forget about it and let myself get lost in the music once more.

Tell me what do you see
When you’re looking at me?
This sense of responsibility is killing me inside, yeah
Looking for misery, but she found me
Lying naked on the floor
I was headed insane, the devil told me his name
But he’s not welcome there, anymore


I felt something snap inside me and my legs began to move faster, sprinting. I began to cry. I buried my face in my hands, trying to hide my tears from any passers by, hoping that no one would see my tears staining my face. I hope to God Sierra isn't at my home to see this.

Stay away, sweet misery
Stay away, sweet misery


I ran into my apartment building without stopping, ending up knocking over a middle-aged woman as I ran toward the stairs. My legs started to feel weak, and I could feel myself start to stumble. I managed to make it to my apartment door without collapsing, but my hands were shaking too much to fit the key into the lock. I cried out in frustration as I kicked the door and sunk to the ground, my back against the wood. I rested my head on my knees and curled up into a ball, hoping I would be left alone.

The pressure’s building with time
I made it up in my mind
I’ve got excuses for all these things that I tried in my life


I head my name being called out, and hands fall onto my back and knee. I wailed out as the persons arms wrapped around me, burying my face into their chest. I heard them whisper to me but I didn't respond. Sierra was so kind. I felt her stand up, leaving me on my own on the floor, before she forced my to stand up too. I felt her arms wrap around me once more as we entered the small room. My home.

This home was never complete without Sierra.

Looking for misery, but she found me
Lying naked on the floor
I was headed insane, the devil told me his name
But he’s not welcome there, anymore
Stay away, sweet misery
Not welcome anymore
Stay away, sweet misery
♠ ♠ ♠
so this is short and oaeghpa;of-y but yeah. I decided to make a song one with Misery by The Maine in it, b/c i love that song and it seemed to fit for some reason. idk. but yeah :3

in the next chapter jack and alex meet sort of so yeah NO MORE WAITING!!

thanks for reading, and thanks for commenting on the last chapter Barbielovesyou!

~ Roman