Status: Updates are a couple times a week.(: I write chapters faster when I get comments and subscriptions!

Caught Up In You

Startling Measures

February 10th, 2012
Friday Night
Location: Dorm
11:47 PM


All I could do was stare at him. Drake was here, in the same exact room as Pacey. If Pacey found out that Drake was the one I had been having dreams about, it wasn’t going to go over well. Pacey wrapped his arm around me protectively, but I shrugged him off and walked closer to the door. I wasn’t going to let him control me.

“Drake, what are you doing here?” I asked after I had figured out what to say. Logan and Tristan were both standing awkwardly around us, their eyes wide and eyebrows raised. Although I couldn’t see Pacey, I knew he was tensing up.

“Can…Can I come in?” He asked respectfully. I nodded and closed the door after he was in the living room. I stared at him, waiting for an answer. But I knew he wasn’t going to talk to me with everyone crowding around him.

“Okay, guys, get out. I need to talk to Drake,” I said authoritatively. Logan and Tristan understood, and started to put their shoes on, but Pacey wouldn’t budge.

“I’m not leaving you with him,” Pacey said. I didn’t know why he was so angry. He had just met Drake and had no reason whatsoever to be mad.

“Would you rather have us go into my room?” I asked.

“Actually, yeah, that way I’d be here,” he said, still not moving.

“Pacey, Drake is my friend. You have no reason to not trust us. Come back in twenty minutes, okay?” I said, not caring if Pacey accepted my request or not. I just needed some privacy to talk to Drake. He was about to say something else when Logan grabbed his arm and pulled him towards the door. Pacey glared at me so intensely that I honestly thought his stare could kill me. After what seemed like hours, he put on his shoes, grabbed his jacket, took one last glance at me, and left.

“Well, that was…. Awkward,” Drake said after everyone was gone.

“I’m sorry, he’s usually not like this,” I replied, sitting on the couch. I motioned for Drake to sit next to me. When he did, I began to speak again.

“So, anyway, why are you here?” I questioned harshly.

Drake was quiet for a couple of moments. I didn’t know if it was because he didn’t know what to say or because he didn’t have anything to say. But the longer it took for him to respond, the more anxious I became. Finally, he looked at me and smoothed his hair back.

“I really missed you, Drew,” he said. I smiled at first, but he needed to know the boundaries.

“Oh, well, that’s sweet. But…” I started to say before I was cut off.

“I know that you and Pacey are dating. Although I may not like that, I accept it. You’re my friend Drew. I just wanted to see you,” he said, but his voice rolled off and he looked away from me. I knew he wasn’t telling the whole truth,

“Drake, what’s going on?” I asked.

“Nothing. Like I said, I just needed to see you,” he declared.

I rolled my eyes and took in a deep breath before turning my body to completely face him. He wasn’t looking at me, for some reason. I knew something was wrong.

“Drake, I’ve known you all my life. I know when you’re hiding something. What’s wrong?” I said. I pressed my fingers on his chin and turned his head so he was glancing at me.

“There’s nothing. I wanted to see you. That’s all,” he said, finally taking a glimpse at me.

“Fine,” I stated coldly, getting off of the couch and walking into the kitchen. I pulled a mug out of a cabinet and set it under the coffee pot. I wasn’t going to listen to Drake when he wasn’t telling the truth. He had never been a very great liar. I started the machine and waited for my coffee. By the time it was finished, Drake had walked into the kitchen.

“My dad is… cheatingonmymom,” he mumbled softly.

“What?” I asked, taking a sip of my scorching hot coffee.

“My dad is… cheating on my mom,” he said a little clearer. I could tell now that it was tearing him apart. Drake was really strong. But he was also extremely sensitive. He would often wait for various events to pile on top of him before telling anyone.

“Oh, Drake, I’m sorry,” I said. Drake looked at me and gave a sad smile. “How did you find out?” I didn’t know if I had taken it too far, but I needed to understand what was going on with him.

“I heard him talking over the phone to another woman. It was, in all reality, absolutely disgusting. After I confronted him, he told me that I could either keep it a secret or leave,” he said, trying to stay strong.

“So, you came here,” I finished for him.

“Well, I knew Ethan wouldn’t understand, so my only option was to see you,” he answered.

“So you bought a plane ticket?” I asked.

“I actually drove. I stole some money from my dad’s safe. It’s not like he’ll miss it. He has so much money he doesn’t even know what to do with it,” he exclaimed, chuckling a little bit.

“How much money did you take from him?” I asked.

“A couple thousand. I was thinking I could stay here for a while,” he declared.

“What do you mean you’re thinking of staying here for a while? You know the administration won’t even let you stay overnight, right?” I questioned.

“Yeah. That’s why I’m thinking of enrolling here,” he said, giving me a look that made me feel completely idiotic. At that moment I had just happened to take a deep sip of my coffee. Unfortunately, I choked and ended up sputtering hot liquid all over the floor.

“What?! You’re kidding,” I demanded. He could not be serious. Pacey would have a huge fit.

“No. That’s why I came to you,” he said.

This was when I realized everything was going to spiral out of control.
♠ ♠ ♠
This isn't a very long chapter, but here you go!
And it's actually pretty terrible, but I'm trying to force myself to write.
Anyway, I hope you enjoy!
And, if you're bored, check out my other stories!
Thanks! (:
Mwah,
Alexandra.