Status: Updates are a couple times a week.(: I write chapters faster when I get comments and subscriptions!

Caught Up In You

The Plan

February 24th, 2012
Friday Night
Location: Drake’s Dorm
7:07 PM


I went to Drake’s that night because I had no one else to talk to and Rose wouldn’t answer her phone. I just needed someone that would listen to me, even if they saw me look like a devastating mess. I needed to know that for once, it was okay to break down.

I had already told Drake about Pacey and how he unexpectedly broke up with me. I didn’t tell him that he was the reason, because I didn’t blame anything about our relationship on Drake. Besides, he didn’t do anything. Drake was completely innocent. He would never do something to ruin someone’s happiness. He had a big heart.

We were sitting on the couch out in the main room of his dorm. Everybody was gone, so we were free to just talk and be ourselves. Drake had both of his arms wrapped around my shoulders as I cried into him. I was staining his sweatshirt with my pathetic tears, but I didn’t know what else to do. I had just lost the love of my life. It wasn’t something I could get over instantaneously.

When I had finally pulled myself together enough so that Drake could talk, he looked into my eyes very seriously. It was almost as if I had sucked all of the happiness out of him. He appeared almost as depressed as I was. “Um, do you know why he broke up with you?” Drake asked, not trying to be insensitive. He just wanted to try and help me. And I gave him credit for that.

“No,” I said, sniffling. “He just got angry.” I thought I knew the reason. But if I was right, I would feel terrible. Pacey shouldn’t have put anything on Drake, especially since he had done nothing but been kind to him.

Drake nodded and was silent for a couple of moments before taking a deep breath and looking at me again. “Drew?” He said, gaining my attention. “Do you think I’m the reason he… broke up with you?” I could tell just by his voice that he knew the truth. He sounded so vulnerable and miserable. He didn’t deserve to feel that way.

Even though I wanted to lie, my foolishness got to me. I couldn’t even respond. All I did was look at him. My eyes obviously gave away the answer. Drake immediately stood up from the couch and paced back and forth.

“I’m so sorry Drew,” he said, ample sincerity spreading throughout his voice. I shook my head furiously and stood up as well. I needed him to know that I didn’t blame him. It wasn’t his fault whatsoever. Pacey was jealous. He should’ve trusted me and talked about his problems.

“It’s not your fault,” I said, touching his arm affectionately.

“He broke up with you because I’m here. Me. It’s my fault,” he said.

“Hey, look at me. It’s not. Pacey’s just a coward, all right? He got jealous because we have a close friendship. That’s all,” I said. Drake smiled insignificantly and glanced at me.

“You’re pretty amazing Drew. And if Pacey left you over jealousy, he must not realize how loyal you are,” he declared, smiling bigger. I blushed deeply and hugged him quickly.

“Thank you,” I said, feeling assured for the first time that night.

We were quiet for several minutes, basking in the familiarity of what used to be. I had missed this, being around Drake. We used to be so close. At one point, a couple years ago, I actually believed I was in love with him. But that was when I was twelve. I was young and ignorant and had no idea what love was.

“Hey Drew?” Drake uttered, pulling me out of my thoughts. I turned towards him and gave him my complete attention. “I’ve been meaning to ask you this…. Um.. So, why are you enrolled in the male academy?”

~~*~~
8:27
After I left Drake’s, I decided to give Rose another call. I knew I couldn’t stay with her over at the dorm, but I needed to hear my best friend’s voice. She would at least know what to do.

“Hey, Drew. What’s up?” She said, sounding tired.

“Hey, can you talk?” I sniffled, trying not to sound so weak and pathetic. But I had been doing this all night. It was pretty impossible for me to talk normally at this point.

“Of course! What’s wrong, Drew?” Rose said, concern flooding through her voice. I hesitated for a couple of seconds. It wasn’t that I was worried about telling her. I was just afraid that if I said it again, I wouldn’t be able to pull myself together.

“Um, It’s Pacey. He..um…b-broke up with m-me,” I stuttered, sounding like a complete fool. I heard Rose gasp deeply over the phone. It was silent for numerous seconds before there was any hint of life on the other end.

“Do you know why?” She asked.

“He was jealous about Drake. He thought I would cheat on him,” I said. It was so stupid. I thought he trusted me.

“Hey, it’s not your fault. Okay? He’s stupid for even thinking that,” Rose said, attempting to comfort me. And although it did help a little bit, I still felt like everything was my fault. I tried to stop the tears from flowing again so I could talk to Rose.

“So, what do I do? I mean, I’m living with him. It’s never going to be the same,” I rambled, worried that we would never again have a close friendship like we did before.

“You do the only thing you can. You win him back,” She said confidently. I rolled my eyes at her comment. How was I supposed to get Pacey to be with me when he had just ended things? It sounded impossible.

“And how in the world am I going to do that?” I asked, disbelief growing with my every word. I couldn’t just magically get him over one night. We were obviously having problems that needed fixing.

“Easy,” Rose breathed, chuckling a bit. “You seduce him.”

By the time I had understood what she said, I was choking on my breath. What did she mean by seducing him? That wasn’t going to help my case whatsoever. If anything, Pacey would get even angrier.

“Are you crazy?!” I practically yelled, not being able to control my voice.

“It’s worked for me in the past. Just wear the most feminine clothing you have and flirt with Logan or Tristan. He may get a little jealous, but he’ll definitely want you back,” Rose said. I respected Rose and loved her. But at the same time, she was supposed to be helping me get through a breakup, not seduce him. If it didn’t work, I would feel even more pathetic than I did already.

“Pacey will get so mad though. And I couldn’t do that to Tristan or Logan. They would all hate me,” I said, trying to make up excuses. Sure, her plan definitely sounded interesting. However, it was not a risk I was positive about taking.

“Stop fretting about it Drew! You don’t have to do it. I just don’t want you to keep hurting like this. Just try it out if you’re up for it, okay?” She said, somehow calming me down.

“Okay, okay. I’ll try it out. But if it backfires, it’s all on you. Got it?” I said, becoming happier just by talking to her.

“I got it,” Rose answered immediately. “Um, I’ve got to go. But give me an update soon. Good luck!”

“Bye Rose. Thanks!” I exclaimed, hanging up with her and walking to my dorm room. Thoughts were pounding through my head. I had just been dumped by the love of my life. What if he never did care? What if he didn’t take me back? What if my plan just made everything worse?

But when I got to the door of my room, I knew what I had to do. It was the only chance I had at getting the one person I had ever loved back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey everyone!
Happy New Year!
First of all, I intended to make this chapter longer and include what she had in store.
I know this isn't the best writing I've ever done, but it's all I've got so far.
But stick with me. It will get better.
Thanks for everyone who has commented, recommended, or subscribed.
You guys are the best, and I love all of you so much!

Please tell me what you think! I've missed hearing from all of you!

Here's to 2013 everyone! Let's make it great! :3

Sincerely,
Allie.