Status: In Progress. Posting every Monday & Thursday!

You're Just a Daydream Away

I WANT TO HOLD MY GODSON!

Liz was sound asleep in her bed as I held Thomas in my arms.  He was half asleep but still looking up at me.

"Hi buddy. I'm your daddy. My name is Alexander William Gaskarth. We have the same middle name." I smiled. "See that pretty lady laying in that bed there? That's your mom. Her name is Elizabeth Marie Thomsen. Shes gonna be a Gaskarth like us one day soon. I love her more than anything on this earth. And I love you too Thomas. You, my friend are named after your uncle Thomas. He passed away when I was younger. He was an awesome guy just like you will be one day." I smiled down at him. Just then, Liz's dad walked into her room.

"Hey can I hold him?" he asked.
"Oh yeah of course." I handed Thomas to him. He smiled as he looked down at him. 
"He looks just like you." he mumbled.
"You think so? I thought he looked like Liz."
"I see more of you than her. But there's still time." he joked.
"Yes sir there is." I laughed a little as he sat down.
"Can I ask you something Alex?" 
"Anything, sir."
"Do you plan on spending the rest of your life faithfully with my daughter and grandson?"
"I do."
"Did you propose to her because of Thomas?"
"No sir. He was just a selling point. I was planning on asking her at some point before we found out she was pregnant. I love her, sir. I honestly do."
"That's good to hear." he nodded.
"I'm not Kyle, sir, if you don't mind me saying. I refuse to hurt her." I said quietly.
"Exactly what I needed to hear. Thank you." 

--------------------
"I WANT TO HOLD MY GODSON!" Jack yelled.
"Dude, he's a week old. He can't take your yelling yet." I hit his arm. Liz was sitting on the couch just laughing at us.
"Lizard can I hold him please??" he gave her a puppy dog look.
"Promise you'll sit right next to me on the couch? And you'll protect him with your life?" she asked, being dead serious.
"I swear." Jack nodded. I knew he wasn't kidding around. "He's my godson. I won't let anything bad happen to him." he said as he put Thomas in his arms. "Isn't that right Tommy? Because Uncle Jack is gonna show you how to perfectly annoy your parents." he laughed.
"No you're not Jack. And if you do, you're fired as godfather." Liz said. I couldn't help but laugh. Jack played with Thomas for a little but then handed him to the rest of the guys and Cassadee. Liz decided to make Cassadee Thomas's godmother because she didn't have any sisters to fill the role. She was excited to say the least.

"We're all gonna spoil the crap out of this kid." Cassadee laughed. "I mean he's gonna have 3 guys that will always protect him and buy him all the cool games and watch football with him and stuff, then he's gonna have a beautiful godmother who will buy him anything he wants." she kissed his forehead.
"God help him." I said and heard everyone laugh.
"Alex you know you'll spoil him too." Liz said and everyone laughed harder.

They left a little later as Liz put Thomas in his little crib. I walked into his room and sang to him a little bit. I could see him smiling. The kid was only a week old and he already stole my heart. I was a little afraid that if he looked like me now, he might look like my brother as he grew up which honestly would kill me inside. 

"Hi rockstar." Liz said quietly as she slid her arms around my torso.
"Hi hottest mom alive." I kissed her forehead. 
"I hate to be a downer, but what are we gonna do when you go on tour?" she looked up at me with those blue eyes that I loved.
"I'll go on tour and you and Thomas will come visit every now and then."
"I don't want him to be around all the girls and alcohol Alex."
"You're right. Well, I guess we'll figure it out."

--------------------
I couldn't sleep at all last night. I was leaving for tour the next morning and I couldn't stand the thought of being away from my fiancé and two month old son. I couldn't cancel the tour obviously. The fans would hate me. I looked over at Liz who was sound asleep. I had gotten up every time Thomas had woken up in the night because I wanted to spend as much time with him as possible. He was getting so big. I looked past Liz and looked at her clock. The guys would be here in about two hours. I kissed her cheek then walked into Thomas's room and saw he was up and smiling. I swear the kid never cried. I picked him up and kissed his head.

"Daddy's gonna miss the crap outta you kid. And your mom. Maybe when I come home after tour, she'll finally marry me." I bounced him a little and he smiled bigger. I brought him downstairs and fed him breakfast. I burped him and took care of everything else. We were playing in the living room when Liz came downstairs.

"This has to be the cutest thing I've ever seen." she smiled as she grabbed her camera that Zack bought her and took a bunch of pictures. 
"Make sure you email those to me baby cakes." I said then tickled Thomas. His laugh was the perfect baby laugh.
"I wish you didn't have to leave so soon. I'm gonna miss you. And I'm sure he will too." Liz said quietly. I picked up Tom and sat next to Liz on the couch while he sat on my lap.
"I'll be back before you know it. I promise. And you know I'll call every night and all that fun stuff. I'll miss you twice as much as you miss me." I kissed her softly.

Before I knew it, the guys were at the house. They packed all my stuff for me as I said bye to Thomas. They all said bye with him as Liz and I continued our pre-tour make out tradition. We were kissing so intensely I almost ripped her clothes off but she pulled away before I could.

"Go before I make you stay." she whispered. I kissed her once more then went back to the guys, kissed Tom on the head once more then left. I missed them already.
♠ ♠ ♠
Writing this chapter was so cute. Imagining Alex playing with a little baby was adorable to think of!

Keep the comments coming! I love all the feedback, positive or negative so keep it coming! Tell me what you want to happen next. Your input would be fantastic.

Remember to read my other AWG story, "I'm Alright Like This". It's on my profile and I love writing it!

Love & rockets :)