Status: In Progress. Posting every Monday & Thursday!

You're Just a Daydream Away

Okay well she's with me.

Cassadee handed Thomas to me and it was scary how much he looked like me. His smile was infectious and even though I had just lasted through Liz yelling at me, he made me smile.I played with him for about a half hour until Liz came out and said he had to go to bed. I kissed his cheek and handed him to her and waited for her to come back out. She walked right by me and went to the kitchen. She wouldn't face me.

"I'm not leaving until you agree to come home." I said calmly but sternly.
"Then I guess you're not leaving which sucks because I don't want to see your sorry ass right now." she said with a hint of bitchiness. 
"Cut the shit Liz. I know as well as you do that you love me. If you say you don't, then you're lying to me and to yourself." I snapped. She turned around and looked shocked.
"Get out." she said pointing to the door with tears rimming her eyes. I walked to her and softly kissed her cheek.
"I know that I love you. She was a mistake Liz. I don't love her. I love you and I love Thomas. You're blind if you don't see that." I lifted her chin and kissed her softly. I then walked out. 

I drove home and slammed the door shut. I need to get her back. I paced in the living room while I gathered my thoughts.

"Wheres Liz? I thought you weren't coming back without her?" Rian asked as he sat down on the couch.
"She kicked me out twice. But she never said she didn't love me. I'm gonna get her back Ri. I have to." I convinced myself. 
"You sound psychotic, dude. But I get it. Want me to talk to her next time I'm over there?" he offered.
"Yeah sure. Make sure to tell her I haven't had a single drink since that night." 
"Of course man. I got your back." he patted my shoulder then walked out of the room. 

-------------------
About a week later, the guys dragged me out to a bar. I hadn't seen Liz since she kicked me out of Cassadee's place and it was killing me. 

"Alex, please at least try to have a good time tonight." Jack begged.
"I'll try but no guarantees." I sighed.
"You never know who will show up. It could be the greatest night of your life." he wiggled his eyebrows and I just rolled my eyes.

I didn't drink at all when we got there. I stuck to coke and water. I was staring down at the table when I heard footsteps come towards me.

"I think hell has frozen over. Unless there's some rum in that coke." a familiar female voice said.
"Andy, you've caused enough trouble don't you think?" I said as I looked up at her.
"No, it can always get worse." she smirked a little as she sat down. "Where's my cousin?" 
"Don't know. Haven't seen her in 9 days." I sighed.
"She's that mad at you huh?" she leaned forward on her elbows on the table.
"She has a right to be. I slept with her slutty cousin."
"Ouch. I wouldn't say slutty." 
"You've slept with every guy Liz has ever dated and Jack. I'd say that's pretty slutty."
"Well since Liz doesn't want you anymore, maybe you can date me." she slid closer to me.
"No thanks. I'm in love with Liz. Not you." I got up and walked over to Jack and Zack. 
"Dude, incoming." Jack said and nodded his head a little. I looked in that direction and saw Liz walking to me. 

"Can we talk?" she said. I nodded and followed her to a quieter corner of the bar. 
"Why was Andy talking to you?" she asked. I couldn't read her emotion.
"She asked where you were, how mad you were, and if I would date her instead."
"What did you say?"
"I said I didn't know where you were because I haven't seen you in nine days, you were pissed because I slept with your slutty girlfriend, and that I'm in love with you so I will never date her." I sighed after and saw that Liz looked surprised. 
"Oh. And I noticed you weren't drinking." 
"I haven't had a drop of alcohol since the night I made the biggest mistake of my life." she nodded and tried to hold back a small smile. "I noticed you look insanely hot tonight." I said as I slid my hand on her hip.
"Thank you but you're not off the hook that easy." she laughed a little then lifted my hand off her waist. I nodded and kissed her forehead then smiled at her. She walked back over to her friends that she came with as I walked over to the guys. I watched her all night.

I saw her get up to dance and she looked so sexy. The weight that she gained during pregnancy was nonexistent. You would have never known she had Thomas. I then got pissed when I saw a guy start dancing with her. She looked mad too, which wasn't a good sign. She looked over at me and mouthed help and I nodded and walked over.

"Oh there you are baby girl. I've been looking for you everywhere." I smiled as I pulled her closer to me. She smiled a little.
"Hey, buddy. I was dancing with this girl." the guy said as he tried pulling her back.
"Okay well she's with me." I said wrapping my arms around her.
"Kyle, just leave me alone." Liz said.
"Kyle? As in your ex boyfriend Kyle?" I asked her and she nodded. 
"Who are you?" Kyle asked shoving me back a little.
"I'm Alex. Her boyfriend that will never hit her." 
"Oh Alex? I heard about you. How's Andy doing?" he smirked a little.
"You tell me. She's your girlfriend isn't she?" 
"Yeah but you guys fucked the other night didn't you?" he said. Liz let go of me and looked at me.
"It happened once. Get your story straight."

I put my arm around Liz's shoulders and started walking away. Kyle called my name out and took a swing at me and we ducked out of the way. I let go of Liz and punched Kyle right in the jaw and knocked him to the ground. 

"Don't you ever take a swing at me or Liz. Got that?" I said as I walked Liz out of the bar. 
"Wow. That was uhm...thanks." she smiled.
"You okay?" I said putting my jacket on her.
"Yeah thanks. You really helped me." she held my hand.
"You're welcome." I smiled at our hands.
"Wanna come get Thomas from the babysitter with me?" she asked. 
"Sure. I'd love to see him again." I held her hand as we walked to her car.

-----------------
We put Thomas to bed and she had me sing to him to help him sleep. I walked out to the living room area and she was just sitting down on the couch with a glass of wine. She seemed so relaxed.

"Is this what you do every night?" I smiled. "Leave the bar early to come home to our beautiful son then have a glass of wine?"
"Usually. On Saturdays I have the Gaskarth. Shot of vodka over ice with a little salt and a little lime." she smiled back as she sipped her wine. She knew I loved when she quoted my lyrics. 
"Sounds good to me. How've you been the past nine days?" I asked leaning my arm on the back of the couch.
"I've been good. There's been a couple days where I almost call you but then talk myself out of it. And Thomas has missed you so badly." the smile slowly faded from her lips.
"I'm really sorry Lizzie. Every since I woke up next to her, I have felt like total shit. The guilt is eating me alive. I really do love you, Lizzie. And I wish we were still engaged and about to be married." I held her hand.
"You really hurt me, Lex. I mean cheating was enough but with Andy? How much lower can you go? And the fact that you didn't tell me right away makes me mad. And I feel like I can't trust you." she watched my fingers intertwine with hers.
"I was terrified of losing you Lizzie. I knew you'd be beyond pissed at me for this and I couldn't risk losing you and Thomas. I didn't call you because I wanted to be a man and say it in person. I'm sorry."

She was quiet for a few moments. Either she was absorbing what I had just said, or thinking of how to respond. She finished her wine then bit her lips together and made me realize how much I longed for them.

"I think we need a little more time apart," she sighed. "But you can come over whenever you want to see Thomas and I'll probably stop by at some point so the guys can see him. If you behave, maybe Thomas can spend the night with you every now and then." she looked at our hands the whole time she spoke then looked at me when she finished.
"I completely understand Lizzie. I wish we could be together right now but I will wait for you. As long as it takes." I kissed her hand as she tried not to smile.
"Do you want any wine? I have red and white." she said standing up. 
"No I'm trying not to drink. It gets me in trouble with the people I love." I smiled a little and she nodded with a hint of a smile. "I should get going though. Jack's probably wondering where I am."
"Okay I'll walk you out." She put her glass out then walked behind me as we walked to the door.
"I wasn't kidding when I said you looked hot tonight."
"Goodnight Alexander." she laughed a little and rolled her eyes.
"I'm serious. You would have never known you had a kid a few months ago."
"Good night Alexander." she repeated.
"I love you Lizzie. No matter what happens."
"Goodnig--" I leaned down and pressed my lips to hers. I was surprised when she kissed back. I smiled as I pulled away too soon.
"Goodnight Elizabeth." I smirked a little as shock overtook her face. I left her speechless.
"G...Goo..goodnight..." she stuttered.

I couldn't help but smile and laugh a little as I walked back to the bar. I was finally get a piece of her back. And I kissed her and she didn't smack me like I assumed she would. Tonight would go down in history as a success.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woo! I know it's been a week but this chapter is nice and long right?

And I get out of school Friday so next week I'll hopefully be posting a lot but then I start work then go away for two weeks. So I will try my best to keep updating! Hope you guys are enjoying the story!

Love & rockets :)