Status: In Progress. Posting every Monday & Thursday!

You're Just a Daydream Away

Are you my boyfriend yet?

She barely had any make up on when her face showed up on my screen. Her hair was still wet so she must have just gotten out of the shower. 

"Not listening to Blink 182 anymore?" I teased.
"Nope. My rocking out got interrupting by a cute guy and his friends." she winked.
"So you think I'm cute?" I laughed. She instantly blushed and tried to explain herself but stopped and nodded slowly. I laughed a little and watched Jack sit next to me. He'd been acting weird since the night at Liz's place.

"Can I say hi to her?" he asked, quieter than usual.
"Yeah sure dude. Lizzie, Jack's gonna say hi while I grab some food." I unplugged my headphones then handed Jack my computer and heard Liz yell hi to Jack. I laughed and got up an looked for food. 
"I'm good. How are you?" I heard him say. I found some sandwich stuff and made myself a peanut butter sandwich.
"The shows are going great. It's sad that we're getting down to the last couple ones though...Yeah I love touring." he said. I sat back down next to my best friend and winked at Liz. Jack had his headphones in so I couldn't hear Liz. I watched her talking to Jack while getting ready. She was doing her makeup to make herself even prettier than she already was, which I didn't think was possible. 
"Okay. I'll let you say bye to Alex. See you soon Lizard." he said with a small smile then handed me my laptop. I plugged my headphones in.

"Hello again Lizzie." I said with food in my mouth.
"What are you eating?" she laughed. 
"My favorite! Peanut butter!" I responded after swallowing a huge bite of my sandwich.
"Hmm I'll have to remember that." she smiled sweetly.
"You look pretty. Where are you going?"
"I have work then going out with a few friends. And thanks for lying. I'm not as pretty as you claim I am." she tried to say without a smile, but I could see one pulling at her lips. I missed her lips. 
"I've never told a lie."
"And that makes you a liar. Need I go on? That's my favorite song of yours." she smirked.
"I have to admit, it's a turn on when you say my lyrics." I smirked and saw her cheeks get red.
"I have to go. I'll text you."
"Send me the picture of us by the way? Please?" I gave her a puppy dog look.
"Okay I will. I'll see you later rockstar." she smiled.
"I'll see you soon radio star." I returned the smile as she laughed and ended the call. I closed my laptop and put my hands on my head. 

This girl was amazing.

I got up and put my laptop in my bunk and saw Jack laying in his. He was on his phone probably tweeting about his dick or something.

"You alright, dude? You've seemed off lately."
"Yeah I'm fine."
"Them smile more, man. You're so depressing. What's wrong?"
"You'd get mad." he sighed. 
"No I won't."
"Fine. I like Liz, too Alex. I think she's really pretty, funny, nice, caring... But you got to her first so it's whatever. Fair game."
"If I knew you liked her I would've backed off. I mean, we should've let her decide."
"We both know she would've picked you Alex. Don't be stupid." he sighed.
"We can find you someone else Jack.  There's plenty of fish in the sea." I laughed. That got him to laugh.
"Well she better be one of those hot mermaids with a great set of personalities." he said through his laugh. I nodded and patted his stomach lightly. 

I walked back to the couch and checked my phone and saw that Liz had sent me the picture of us. I smiled when I saw it and set it as my background. I texted her and asked how work was going. She didn't answer for a couple minutes.

From: Lizzie
Hi sorry works really busy. It's fun though. I'm texting you between segments so if I don't respond that's why. How much longer until you come see me again? ;)

When I read that, all I could think of was our kiss in her room. It was the best kiss of my life. Holding her body to mine felt so perfect and right. Even though she smelt like coffee, she smelled so sweet. Her giggle when I tried sliding my fingers into her sweats was adorable. 

I sound like such a girl.

I looked at my phone again and responded to Liz.

To: Lizzie
It's good that you're having fun! And I'm hoping soon. We have two shows left then the week in LA, then I get to fly out to see you. It can't come fast enough.

I put my phone in my pocket. Then I got an idea. I found Keith, our manager and made him sit down.

"How long are we at the house in LA?"
"Week and a half? Why? And why are you so hyper?"
"So we're there over a weekend right?"
"Uh yeah I'm pretty sure. What's going on?" he asked. Before I answered him, I went to my bunk and looked at my phone. There was a text from Liz.

From: Lizzie
Well you'll kick ass on the two shows, obviously. Then you get to spend a week in beautiful LA. Sounds pretty good to me! I'm quite jealous. Take lots of pictures for me.

I smiled and texted back.

To: Lizzie
Can I call you? It's important.

I got up and paced up and down the hallway waiting for Liz to answer. It seemed like forever until my phone vibrated. She was calling me.

"I just got off of work. What's wrong?" she asked. I almost laughed at the unnecessary panic in her voice.
"What are you doing this weekend?"
"Uhm," she paused, obviously caught off guard. "I don't think I have anything planned. Why?"
"Would you mind of I flew you to LA for the weekend?" I asked sweetly.
"Oh my god. Are you serious?! I would love to!" she yelled. "This is so perfect!"
"I know! I get to see you for the weekend then for two weeks in Boston."
"Wait, Alex..." she said. I couldn't tell what kind of tone she had.
"Yeah?" I asked nervously.
"Can I only stay for the weekend?"
"I don't know...why?"
"My boss said I can pick a week of this month to take off. Maybe I can take the whole week off?"
"You're a genius, Liz. Remind me to kiss you when you get here." 
"Oh I will." I could hear her smirk so I laughed. 

-------------------
I was at the airport waiting for Liz to get off her plane. I had been counting the days, then hours, then minutes, now seconds until she walked out of the terminal and I could hold her in my arms. I was pacing a little waiting for her. I sat down on a bench near the terminal and leaned my head into my hands. I started doubting that she would even come. 

Suddenly someone sat next to me and rubbed my back. I saw plaid converse and skinny jeans. I looked up and saw Liz. She had her hair in a braid on the side and was wearing her glasses. She wore a purple v neck  shirt with an All Time Low sweatshirt on. I smiled as soon as I saw her. 

We both stood up and I hugged her tight. She smelled like vanilla and coffee. I kissed her cheek.

"You're gonna be sweating in that sweatshirt." I laughed.
"Sorry I'm used to the Boston mentality where it could get cold at any moment." she smiled as she slid the zip up hoodie off herself. 
"How was the flight?"
"Long but right now it's totally worth it." she said as she held my hand. Her hand was so soft. 
"Good." I smiled. We got her bag from the baggage claim and walked to my rental car. I put her bags in the back then open and closed her door for her. I got in and she was leaning on the center console towards me.

I kissed her lips softly and held her cheek. She put her hand on the back of my neck and kissed back. Our lips were meshing perfectly as usual. She slid her tongue between my lips and giggled when I slid mine into her mouth. We continued kissing for a few more minutes until I pulled away. She was smiling and blushing a little. I started the car as she just stated at me biting her lip, as if deep in thought. 

"You okay?" I laughed a little.
"Are you my boyfriend yet?" she asked.
"That's up to you." I said with a smirk. 
"Okay. You're my boyfriend. I'm gonna tell all my friends. And all your friends. And all the girls in the world because as of right now, you're mine Alex Gaskarth." she smiled.
"And you're mine Liz Thomsen." I smiled back and drove to the house. We rolled down the windows and put the top down. Liz turned up the radio and sang along as loud as she could. I couldn't help but laugh. She seemed really comfortable with me. She put her hands up in the air and leaned her head back. I blushed when I Feel Like Dancing came on the radio. I was impressed that Liz knew every word, even the little bullshit comments I made in the background.

"I FEEL LIKE DANCING TO-NIGHT. I'M GONNA PARTY LIKE ITS MY CIVIL RIGHT. IT DOESN'T MATTER WHERE I DON'T CARE IF PEOPLE STARE. 'CAUSE I FEEL LIKE DANCING TO-NIGHT." Liz yelled and I laughed. We pulled into the driveway. 

-----------------
Keith let us go to the beach for the day. After Liz put all her stuff in my room, we both changed into our bathing suits. The guys joined us and we got in the car and went to the beach. Keith decided to drive, Zack sat up front with him, and Jack, Rian, Liz and I sat in the back. Liz was sitting on my lap and neither if us were complaining. 

We pulled up to the beach and grabbed our towels and chairs. I carried Liz's chair for her which made her smile. She walked a little ahead of the rest of us and I walked with  Jack. 

"Dude. We're getting her in the water. As soon as she lays down to tan, we're picking her up and carrying her in." I said quietly so she wouldn't hear me.
"Sounds good. Why was she all smiley when you guys walked in?"
"Because we're officially dating. And we're officially going to find you someone on this beach that you an bring home."  I smiled. He nodded. We caught up to where Liz was sitting and she was laying out her towel. She took off her tank top and Jack and I couldn't stop staring at her. 

She was hot.
♠ ♠ ♠
This ones kinda long. Let's hope Jack finds someone! I hate making him so sad.

Thank you for all the feedback about this story! I'm trying to make these longer so you guys have more to read :)

Love & rockets!