Status: In Progress. Posting every Monday & Thursday!

You're Just a Daydream Away

It all seems familiar.

I was out back with Alex, Rian and Cass cleaning up after the cookout. The boys were putting out the fire while Cass and I cleaned up the food. I carried all the bowls inside and came back out and saw Alex sitting by himself at the table. I smiled walked over to him and sat on his lap.

"Hi rockstar."
"Hi radio star." he smiled.
"Did you have fun?" I asked.
"I did. Did you?" he smiled a little and I nodded. "Good. Can I show you something?" he whispered.
"Anything." I smiled. We stood up and he let me jump in his back so he could carry me. We walked up the steps to the front lawn. 

"Shh! Be quiet for a sec." he whispered. I nodded and looked to where he was looking. Jack and Andy were making out next to her car. It was adorable. They pulled apart because Peyton had walked over to them. The smile on Jack's face was the bigger than a kid's on Christmas. The girls drove away and Jack went inside.

"That was so cute!" I said as Alex walked to the front yard.
"Yeah I guess." he said indifferently. He sat down in the grass.
"You guess?! That was adorable! He really likes her." I said as I sat down next to him. He put his arm around my shoulders and smiled.
"Whatever you say, Lizzie." he kissed my cheek then laid back and put a hand behind his head and looked up at the sky. I looked at him over my shoulder and smiled. He was so cute. I laid back and rested my head on his shoulder. 

"I'm surprised that we can actually see the stars." he said quietly. I nodded in response as he started running his fingers up and down my arm slowly. I prayed he didn't feel the goosebumps forming from his touch. I  put my arm over his stomach and kissed his cheek.

We laid in silence for a few minutes, but it was a comfortable silence. We both just let the moment sink in without talking to ruin it. I moved my arm so my hand was over his heart and I felt the beating. I smiled as some of his lyrics sang through my head. I whispered them quietly, trying not to ruin the moment.

"Wait outside, I hope the air will serve to remind you that my heart is as cold as the clouds of your breath and my words are as timed as the beating in my chest." I whispered. 
"I'm guessing Jasey Rae is your favorite song." he laughed a little.
"Yeah kind of. Sorry." I lifted my head up to look at him and thankfully he was smiling. 
"It's okay. I think it's sweet." he leaned up on his elbows. I smiled and he did too. I kissed his lips softly then stood up.
"I'm kind of cold. Wanna go inside?" I asked as I helped him stand up. He nodded and I jumped onto his back again as we walked to his room. 

He put me down when we got to his door. He closed it behind me and stretched a little and I smiled.

"Sweet boxers, rockstar." I said as I grabbed some clothes to wear.
"Thanks I was hoping you'd approve." he said as he hugged me to him. 
"I can't ready for bed when you hug me that tight." I smirked.
"Too bad." he smiled. "You don't mind sharing a bed right?"
"I guess not. Just no spooning. I'm too tired." I laughed a little.
"Damn. I'll just have to wait until you sleep."
"Do it and I kill you." I said breaking his grip. I walked to the bathroom as he laughed and I changed into shorts and a tank top. I came out a couple minutes later and saw him laying in bed already all cuddled up in the blankets. I grabbed my phone and took a picture. I smiled at it then laid down next to him.

"You sleep in nothing but boxers?" I asked when I felt his arms slide around me. 
"You said you liked them. You're lucky. I could've been naked." he said seriously. 
"Uhm ew." I laughed. Just then Rian walked in and gave us a look.
"If I hear any moaning or sexual noises, I dump water on both of you." he said sternly.
"Aw Mr. Potato Head is sad that Cass couldn't stay over." Alex said in a baby voice. I tried not to laugh for fear of Rian killing us both.
"I'm sorry, Rian. We'll quiet down. Promise. Go back to sleep." I used my calm voice. He nodded and walked out of the room.

"Your voice is so relaxing Lizzie." Alex said as he laid his head on my chest. I ran my fingers through his hair slowly.
"Thank you." I said calmly. We didn't say much more for a few minutes. We never had an awkward silence between us which was one thing I loved. He was humming some melody while slowly running his fingers over my stomach. I smiled and closed my eyes. This was so perfect.

"I feel like I've met you before." Alex mumbled. "You seem so familiar to me."
"Really? That's weird." I said and all I could think about was the whole dream thing. The dream felt so real and now that Alex was saying this... It threw me off.
"Yeah. Like when we kissed the first time, I felt like I had kissed your lips before. I felt that spark and fireworks before." he said.
"Alex, please don't be creeped out. But a few months ago, I had a dream about you. We met at a bar and hooked up and it felt...amazing." I blushed. I explained the entire dream to him and he just stared at the wall. "Then one day I woke up back in my apartment alone and realized it was a dream. It was really depressing." I half laughed. 
"How long ago was this dream?" he asked quietly.
"Uhm about two and a half months now I think. I lost count." I responded untangling my fingers from his hair. 
"That's so weird." he sat up and leaned next to me. "I think... I might.... I mean..." he stuttered. "I think I had the same dream. I remember all that stuff. It all seems familiar." he said but sounded distant. 
"I don't get how that would happen. I mean how do we both have the same dream, but not remember it?"
"I have no idea. I'll look it up tomorrow. I'm too tired to think about all that right now." he leaned up and kissed me softly and smiled, then laid on his back holding my hand. 

I woke up the next morning cuddling something. I thought it was Alex but it was too fluffy to be him. I was snuggling with his pillow that smelled just like him. I sat up and looked around. The room was still kind of dark which I mentally thanked Alex for. The shades were covering the windows above the bed and there was a faint light coming from the door. I got out of bed and put my hair up like every other morning and put my glasses on. As I walked to the kitchen, I prayed they had coffee.

When I got close, I smelt bacon and pancakes. And thankfully, I smelt the sweet smells of coffee. I poured myself a cup and isn't hear anyone else moving around. I saw a note on the fridge.

Good morning Sleeping Beauty,
We all left for the studio because we had an early recording time. Sorry I didn't wake you. You looked too cute :) call me when you wake up so I can send you the directions to the studio if you want to come. 
Talk to you soon,
AWG

I smiled at the note and walked back to our room with my coffee. I practically inhaled it so I would wake up faster. Since I was alone, I plugged my iPod into the iHome that Alex had and played my shower playlist. I got in the shower and sang as loud as I could. I finished my shower an got dressed in skinny jeans, a v neck, and my Vans slide on shoes. I drew my eye liner on somewhat thick and did my hair then called Alex.

"Hey sleepy head. I was wondering when you would call." he said sweetly.
"Hi. Wanna send me the address so I can see your sexy face?"
"Of course. I need to see your sexier face." he said with a smirk in his tone. I giggled a little.
"Okay send me the address."

-----------------
I pulled up and walked in. I texted Alex but be didn't answer so I texted Jack and he came to the door to let me in. 

"So how's Andy?" I asked with a smile. He blushed a little.
"Fine. Soo fine." he smiled.
"I can't believe you guys kissed! She usually never kisses on the first date!" I said.
"I thought you haven't talked to get in a few years?" he asked.
"Well I haven't seen her since I was 18. So it's been 4 years. When we were growing up, we were inseparable and told each other everything. We almost lived together before we had a falling out."
"Can I asked what happened?" 
"Uhm you can ask her." I smiled as we got to their studio. I heard Alex singing when I walked in. He was dancing a little as he sang and I couldn't help but smile. 

I sat on the couch next to Jack and Zack. We all listened quietly to Alex. He was doing awesome and I didn't stop smiling. He came out of the booth about an hour later and sat on me. 

"Ugh hi rockstar." I groaned from under him.
"Hi radio star." he smiled his shit eating grin.
"Can you get off me? You're crushing me." 
"Is that a fat joke?" he said as he slid next to me so his legs were resting in my lap.
"Not at all." I patted his leg. Rian went in to record his drums then Zack went in to record bass. Alex and I sat together on the couch the whole time. 

"Wanna be in the gang vocals?" Alex said as he started sitting up.
"Definitely!" I said sitting up. I followed the guys into one of the studios and stood next to Alex, holding his hand. Keith held up the board with the lyrics on it an we all yelled them when Matt Squire told us to. We sounded really cool.

When they finished for the day, Alex and I went in his rental car and drive around. He pulled up to the beach we went to yesterday. We got out and walked around a little. We found a spot that was kind of hidden away from everyone and sat there.

"Jack told me to ask you what happened with you and Andy." he said as he put his legs on either side of me and wrapped his arms around my shoulders. I sighed a little.
"Okay so do you remember the whole mom thing in my dream? How she walked out on me and my dad? She really did when I was 18 and Andy got mad that I didn't try to stop her. Then my whole depression & drug thing happened and she told me she was scared to talk to me because she didn't want to say the wrong thing to me. It tore me apart and just added to all the stress so we didn't really talk until a few months ago when she heard about my job and we've talked every now and then." I sighed again.
"Wow. I'm sorry Lizzie." he rubbed my shoulders. "So did the whole Kyle thing really happen too?" he whispered.
"Unfortunately, yes. He's such a tool." I shook my head then leaned back into Alex.
"I was wondering, since we feel like we know each other already, can I call you baby? And baby girl?" he asked innocently.
"Of course. And smooth way to change the subject." I laughed and missed his cheek. He blushed a little. 

We watched the sun set then made our way back to the car. I was on his back for most of the way, only because I offered to rub it when we got back in return. We got in the car and drove home.

After I rubbed his back, we sat on the couch and watched The Notebook. Cass and Rian joined us halfway through because Jack was out with Andy and Zack was hooking up with Peyton somewhere. I fell asleep on Alex before I saw the ending for the millionth time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ooo Alex had the same dream!

Love & rockets!