Status: In Progress. Posting every Monday & Thursday!

You're Just a Daydream Away

She made her wish.

I looked down and saw Liz sound asleep in my lap. I picked her up and carried her to our room. I took her glasses off her face for her and kissed her head. I laid next to her and put my arms around her and held her close to me. She snuggled into me and I smiled. I closed my eyes and dreamed about her.

The next morning I woke up to see her still in my arms, but looking at her phone. She was texting Andy.

Andy: why did you tell Alex & Jack about what happened? I thought we werent gonna say anything.

Liz: Alex already knew. I gave him permission to tell Jack. Jack is one of the few people I know I can trust. Believe me. 

Andy: how long have you known these guys? How do you know you can trust them?

Liz: well I've obviously known Alex long enough to date him. And I always talk to Jack when Alex is busy doing stuff. Andy, please just don't get mad again over something stupid. I can't lose you again.

Andy: fine. I'll see you later after my date with jack.

She sighed as she locked the screen on her phone, dropped it on her stomach then dragged her hands over her face. I kissed her head softly.

"Oh sleepy head decided to wake up." she smiled a littlest she turned to face me.
"My dreams were too good to end." I smirked back.
"Oh really? And what was my boyfriend dreaming about?"
"My girlfriend. She's really pretty and funny. You should meet her sometime." I joked. It took Liz a second to get it.
"I'll try. She sounds like a keeper." she bit her bottom lip.
"I think she is." I whispered as I softly kissed her lips. She buried her face into where my neck meets my shoulder and hugged my neck. I rubbed her back gently to calm her down. I didn't say anything, I just let her collect her thoughts. I knew she would talk when she was ready. 

"Andy is mad that I told you about my mom and everything I did to myself after. She doesn't think anyone else should know. She doesn't get that I really trust you and Jack. I haven't trusted anyone as much as I trust you guys in a long time." She took a deep breath. "I thought I could trust Andy but then she left and just walked away when things got bad. It was just me and my dad when my mom left. Then I left for college so it was just me." she stopped and buried her face in my neck again.
"I won't leave you. Ever." I whispered. 
"Promise?" she whispered into my neck.
"I promise." I kissed her head. I rubbed her back again and she seemed to slowly calm down. 

"What are we gonna do about the whole dream thing? I mean, where does that put us? We were married in the dream and now we're basically just getting to know each other for real...unless this is a dream again which I hope to god its not." she said quickly.
"Its not a dream, trust me. The kisses feel much more real. But we just pick up where we left off, except the married part. It'd be weird to everyone else if we got married after dating for like a week."
"True. Does that mean you love me?" she looked up into my eyes when she asked this and my heart melted. 
"It does. I love you." I said putting my hand on her cheek.
"I love you too rockstar." she smiled as I leaned down to kiss her lips softly. We kept pecking each others lips when Jack swung the door open and pointed to Liz. 

"Oh good you're awake. That makes this a little less awkward." he said loudly.
"Makes what less awkward?" Liz asked.
"You! I'm mad at you!" he yelled, pointing at Liz.
"Uhm why? I didn't do anything to make you mad. I put your Home Alone picture back."
"You touched my picture?!" he yelled and Liz and I started laughing.
"No I was kidding! Why are you mad?" Liz laughed.
"Tomorrow is your birthday and you didn't say anything to us!!" he yelled and Liz stopped laughing and blushed. I looked at her.
"Why wouldn't you tell us about your birthday?" I asked sweetly.
"I hate when people make a big deal of it. It's nothing big."
"It's the day of your birth, Liz!" I somewhat yelled.
"So what?!" she yelled then laughed.
"So we're throwing you a party and I'm buying you presents and you're gonna like it." I said then kissed her nose. She sighed and rolled her eyes.
"How did you even find out, Jack?" she asked, resting her head on my chest.
"Andy told me she had to buy you something. I asked what it was for and she said your birthday was tomorrow." he explained. 
"I'm gonna kill her." she huffed.

------------------
Andy had taken Liz out for the day on her birthday as a little bit of girl time and catch up time. It was also time to plan an amazing party for the love of my life and find her the perfect present. 

"Dude. Let's get a bouncy house thing!" Jack yelled as I paced in front of the couch. He was looking up things for the party while I brainstormed presents.
"Dude. No. She's 24 not 14."
"Fine. Clowns?"
"How old are you?! And no she hates clowns." I tapped my hands on my legs. I looked around the room for inspiration when my eyes landed on my guitar. 
"Okay a dunk tank then." Jack suggested.
"That's it!" I yelled picking up my guitar.
"Dunk tank? Sweet." Jack said.
"No dumbass! I'll sing to her! She loves when I sing to her. But what do I sing?"
"Uhm what's her favorite song?"
"I don't know. She has a lot." I said as I paced then I snapped my fingers. "I got it. I'll sing Jasey Rae! She's always quoting it. Or Coffee Shop. She always sings it in the shower."
"You realize that came out really creepy right?" Jack said.
"Yeah whatever." I said as my phone rang. It was a text from Andy. They were on their way. "Shit! What do we have planned?!"
"Uhm. It's turning out to just be a cookout like the other night. You, me, Liz, Andy, Rian, Cass, Zack, Peyton, Keith and Flyzik grilling out back. She said she doesn't want anything huge." 
"Yeah." I sighed in defeat. 
"And you are singing to her."
"That's true."

As I said that, we heard the front door open and close and Andy and Liz's voices. They were laughing about something.

"Who are you singing to?" Liz asked sweetly as she hugged me.
"The uh fans. At our next show." I said. It technically wasn't a lie.
"Obviously." she laughed an looked up into my eyes.
"Happy birthday pretty girl." I smiled and kissed her softly.
"Mmm thank you."
"What does the birthday girl want for her birthday?"
"I have you so I have all I need." she smiled and I couldn't help but smile. I kissed her forehead softly and hugged her to me and looked at Jack, who was tickling Andy. 
"Let's go to our room. I wanna show you something." I whispered to Liz. She nodded and we walked to our room. She sat on the bed as I paced slowly in front of her.

"What's the matter?" she asked.
"Nothing I'm just thinking." 
"About..." she said standing up.
"Things to get you for your birthday." I stopped pacing and slid my arm around her waist and pulled her to me.
"Alex, I have a hot boyfriend, my cousin back, new best friends, and a beautiful week in LA. I'm all set. I don't need anything." she smiled sweetly as she twirled a piece of my hair around her finger. 
"There has to be something you want."
"I want my boyfriend to relax." 
"Fine. And I like the sound of you saying my boyfriend." I smirked.
"You're weird." she said. I leaned down and kissed her cheek, then her jaw line, then her neck and I felt her fingers dig into my arms as she held into me. I kept kissing and laid her down the bed. She grabbed my face and kissed me with hungry lips. She kissed me like she hadn't seen me in years. I pulled her leg up to my waist and held it there while she slid her tongue between my lips. I squeezed her thigh and I heard her moan a little.  I laughed a little and slid my hand to her butt when our door swung open.

"Oh shit." Jack groaned covering his face.
"Dude! Get out!" I yelled. Liz sighed and laid back and rubbed my arm.
"It's fine Alex. What's up Jack?"
"There's a couple deliveries here for you." He said from behind his hands. I looked at Liz and she looked up at me confused. I helped her get up and followed her back to the living room where there was a huge bouquet of flowers on the coffee table. I looked at Jack.

"Happy birthday to my amazing radio star. Hope you have a great day. Love, Alex." Liz read off a little card. "Alex! These are beautiful!" she hugged me then smelled the flowers. I looked at Jack again.
"You owe me." he mouthed. I nodded to him and said thanks. Rian walked in with Cassadee.
"Way to be Alex! Those are awesome!" Cass yelled. Liz and her babbled on about how pretty the flowers on but I felt bad that they technically weren't from me, they were from Jack. I pulled Rian over to me.

"Try to get Liz to spill what her favorite song is." I quietly said so they wouldn't hear.
"Why can't you ask her?"
"Because I'm gonna sing to her dude." I explained and Rian nodded. 
"I'm on it." he walked back over to the girls and sat on the couch with Cass. Liz sat on my lap and I wrapped my arms around her waist.

"So Liz." Rian started.
"So Rian." she said back, mocking him. We laughed.
"If you could only hear one song for the rest of your life, what would it be? It doesn't have to be All Time Low." he asked. She laughed a little before she thought about her answer.
"Hmm. It would have to be Under a Paper Moon? It makes me feel like I'm not alone and someone out there loves me." she smiled.
"I love you." I said hugging her and everyone awed. 

--------------
We were sitting outside after we had eaten some burgers and stuff. Liz was sitting in the grass next to the fire and I was laying with my head in her lap. She was softly stroking my hair and smiling down at me. I looked back up at her, just taking in her smile and her beautiful blue eyes. 

"So when do you want your present?" I asked quietly.
"Doesn't matter. It's up to you." she said using her soothing voice. 
"How about right now?" 
"Uh okay sure." she said a little taken aback. I sat up, kissed her cheek, then walked into the house. 

"Zack! Come here! Jack! Rian!" I called them over. We're gonna play Under a Paper Moon for Liz. Jack, Zack, you guys get the guitars. I'll sing and Rian you can tap on something." I said and Jack and Zack laughed.
"Thanks Alex." Rian said. They grabbed their guitars and Rian grabbed a drum to play. We walked outside and saw the girls all around the fire. Liz had her back to us which was perfect because we could somewhat set up a little. 

"Attention Elizabeth Thomsen. Turn around." I said loudly. She did and she smiled huge.
"What are you doing?" she said smiling.
"Shh just listen." I nodded to Zack and they started playing and I sang. 

"Baby, don’t yell, You’re tearing a hole right through the walls of everything we used to know, I’m building a place, something amazing, Just for the sake of saving us, From under the sun, Two plastic hearts with nowhere to run, We’re rolling the dice on whatever’s left, ‘cause God only knows that we could use the rest…Me and you, living under a paper moon, Cause real life just isn’t right; lets fabricate… Me and you, living under a paper moon, This real life just isn’t right let’s get away let’s fabricate. Baby, don’t fret, At least we’re alive with just enough breath to truly despise the hills in the carpet, knots in the ties that bind us so tightly to our waking lives, I’ll build up a house, I’ll build up an army Of cellophane soliders cheap origami, To take back a piece or whatever’s left Of that little box that beats in your chest Me and you, living under a paper moon, Cause real life just isn’t right; lets fabricate… Me and you, living under a paper moon, This real life just isn’t right let’s get away  let’s fabricate. I’m building a place, something amazing just for the sake of saving us, And whatever’s left of that little box that beats in your chest. Me and you, living under a paper moon, Cause real life just isn’t right; lets fabricate… Me and you, living under a paper moon, This real life just isn’t right let’s get away This real life, just isn’t right, let’s fabricate…” I sang my heart out. I saw Liz singing along the whole time smiling. She clapped after and jumped up and hugged me tightly.

"Thank you so much! That was amazing." she smiled. 
"Happy birthday birthday girl." I said and I placed my hand on her neck and pulled her into a kiss. Someone yelled it was cake time and Cass carried out a cake with a funny picture of Liz on it and candles that read 24. 

She made her wish, held back her hair, and blew out the candles. I pushed her face into the cake.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you guys think really happened with Andy and Liz? Are they telling the truth?

And I'm loving the comments guys! It means a lot!

Any thoughts on me starting another story? Any suggestions?

Love & rockets.